16. Apr 2024, 23:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [Arnor] 4.5 Spellbook Central Spell  (Gelesen 3469 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
[Arnor] 4.5 Spellbook Central Spell
« am: 1. Nov 2017, 00:53 »
Proposal by SP19XX:
Spell Cost: 6
Numenorian Heritage
The blood of the ancient Numenorians lies strong within the people of Arnor, expanding their lifespans, and is most prominent in their Kings. Units of Arnor will regenerate their health while out of combat. In the presence of their Kings, the regeneration is enhanced by 10%, stacking up to a maximum of 30% in the presence of Araphant, Aranarth or Arvedui.

« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2017, 21:24 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
Re: [Arnor] 4.5 Spellbook Central Spell
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Nov 2017, 00:57 »
Well I give it a seal of approval for obvious reasons:

Here's the suggested changes I would make to it though;

Current effects in additional to perhaps also applying the effect to heroes. This spell is far too powerful for it's current cost and placement in the tree. I personally think the current effect should be at least 3-4 Points. If it was extended to the heroes, I would put it to 6, slightly below that of Imladris.

It's effects are the passive effect units of Lothlorien gain via leveling at present but given the elite status of Arnor and how long they can survive in a direct fight in comparison. It also ties in to them being elites who have lived long years (though not as long as the elves nor with the veteran status of the troops of Imladris). It also is a great tie in to their connection to Numenor and their long lives, dating back to the Edain.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Nov 2017, 01:48 »
I admit that I'm not a very passionate of a player, when it comes to Arnor; nor am I really versed with balance and gameplay concerning the faction. Only, in order to give a minor contribution about what caters for the conceptual side of the proposal, I deem the topic absolutely worth being explored thoroughly or, as you assessed, being given more prominence in the holistic design of the spellbook.

The long life of the Númenóreans is a prime theme in the canons, being their longevity the gift that the Valar bestowed upon the Edain, as foremost testimony of friendship and as the noblest kind of reward, after the Edain had endeavoured a lot for the good cause and contributed to put an end to Morgoth's ruthless dominance. The Archangels therefore sent their herald, Eönwë, among them, whose holy knowledge allowed those valiant Men to achieve a long lifespan and to gather power that was unknown to the other lesser lineages of mortals, thus making them mighty and almost as wise as the Eldar of Aman. But the greatest gift of the Powers was undoubtedly the raising of Númenor from the depth of the sea, in which those blessed Men could build their strength in peace, far from the troubles of Middle-earth (the island was closer to Aman than it was to the mortal continent), just to become an imperial superpower in the following centuries.

Henceforth, I definitely favour additional focus on longevity and bloodline, which is also the most evocative legacy of that grand past, resisting still in the grey Third Age of Arda. And pardon my long excursus about the lore of the Second Age/Númenor, but those pages of the Silmarillion are really wonderful to read and extremely profound, as you get to discover most of the founding causes of the misadventures of Men in the years after and the spirit of their doing in general. Passages that always win my heart, beside the lore of the Eldar in the War of the Jewels or during their staying in the Undying Lands, to which my soul belongs.

Tales tell that Elros was the oldest Man ever, having lived for 500 years and reigned for more than 400. Legends and memories of when Men were much akin to the immortal kind as never before in the annals of Arda.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Nov 2017, 20:30 »
I'm for this suggestion. The theme is central and fits very well.
I would make it 5-6 points of cost, thus involving heroes as well, maybe increasing their regeneration speed or adding HP when you unlock the power  ;)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Nov 2017, 17:26 »
I'm for this idea. It would fit a lot with the theme of Numenorean longevity that was lost mostly by the time of the War of the Ring.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #5 am: 2. Nov 2017, 18:08 »
I'm for it too, as I talked with SP19XX about it after a game the other day and I liked that idea of it being the central spell :P

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 2. Nov 2017, 20:27 »
So another thought I had in regards to how the heroes could be included could be a sort of stacking effect in which each hero of Arnor (thus not including Glorfindel / Earnur / Cirdan) would increase the speed at which the regeneration occurs near to them. Thus meaning a large singular army would regenerate at a much higher pace, or widespread armies gain enhanced regeneration values, but the effect is not fully condensed on one battlefield.

Edit: After some further discussion here is the idea I propose in full.

Spell Cost: 6

Numenorian Heritage
The blood of the ancient Numenorians lies strong within the people of Arnor, expanding their lifespans, and is most prominent in their Kings. Units of Arnor will regenerate their health while out of combat. In the presence of their Kings, the regeneration is enhanced by 10%, stacking up to a maximum of 30% in the presence of Araphant, Aranarth or Arvedui.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2017, 21:21 von SP19XX »

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #7 am: 12. Dez 2017, 21:19 »
I was hitting the same spell as their central one even though I didn't read this topic till this day. It is most iconic for this northern kingdom because as most of us know since Numenor sunk, boats full of its inhabitants set sail in Middle Earth and therefore the very core existence of long life was saved by the survivors. It could be a good compensation to the Gondorian spell that bolsters the formation fighting because arnorians tended to present themselves as true heirs of the great numenoreans.
To cut my philosophy, I am IN for this one :D

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #8 am: 5. Feb 2018, 12:33 »
I think that it will also be interesting if all Arnor troops get 20% more life and could restore their health. And in general, I support +1