28. Mär 2024, 18:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: BREAKING NEWS  (Gelesen 3490 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
BREAKING NEWS
« am: 4. Nov 2017, 19:38 »
Zitat
‘Lord of the Rings’: Amazon, Warner Bros. in Talks for Series Adaptation
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-1202606519/
Zitat
Warner Bros. Television and the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien are in talks with Amazon Studios to develop a series based on the late author’s “The Lord of the Rings” novels. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is said by sources with knowledge of the situation to be personally involved in the negotiations, which are still in very early stages.

It must be said that as of now there's no news of if the series is going to cover stories during the WotR, before, or after.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: BREAKING NEWS
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Nov 2017, 16:11 »
I read this until recently. The best we have so far is that it is going to cover stories ''pre-Fellowship of the Ring'', whatever that may mean. I guess it will remain in the 3rd age, not sure though. I hope we get to see more interpretations of the Eastern peoples, maybe a war between Gondor and the Balchoth?

As long as they make the films lore-friendly (as much as can anyway) and keep the artistic approach of LOTR and the books, and not go full CGI-Michael Bay on us. That is all I ask for.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Nov 2017, 16:16 »
They seem to be aiming at something on the production scale of Game of Thrones, which I would be over the moon with.

I just hope they make it good enough for people to want more.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Nov 2017, 22:08 »
Why do we linger here, when there is no hope?

There is hope, I say, in the proper lore boards of MU: The Lord of the Rings. I shall thus move the thread there, hoping to help sparkle fruitful discussion on the matter, which is a matter of utmost note and concern :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Dez 2017, 23:42 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 30. Mär 2018, 16:52 »
It seems that Jeff Bezos (Amazon's founder and CEO), currently worth more than $120 billion (the richest man on the planet), will be bound to spend a fortune for the upcoming project. Yet, I believe that pouring an immense amount of money (about $500 million) might be justified, lest quality be not guaranteed, and we know that quality often demands higher sums.

http://ign.com/articles/2018/03/15/amazons-lord-of-the-rings-series-could-cost-500-million

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Apr 2018, 20:53 »