28. Mär 2024, 22:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Unique offer for Gimli  (Gelesen 3219 mal)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
Unique offer for Gimli
« am: 6. Nov 2017, 10:23 »
       Gimli, Just like Dvalin, he is overrated. 2500 for him is clearly a lot. I think that in the current performance it should not cost more than 2000. But I had an idea how to make Gimli worthy of its price. I always thought that Gimli is missing something. The ego of the ability is the best characterizes his fate in the war of the ring. But in the end I realized what emu is and is not enough, namely the ability that would reflect friendship with Legolas, but it is very difficult to come up and implement, plus 4.5 already has a heroic battalion for Rohan - three hunters. But then I remembered that most of all Gimli dreamed of seeing the Lady of the Golden Forest - Galadriel. And I came up with a new ability that will finally form Gimli as it should be, and believe this idea just super. xD
 "  During his stay in Lothlorien, Gimli and Legolas spent a lot of time together and, to the surprise of their companions, became friends.
On February 16, the Brotherhood left Lothlorien. At parting, Galadriel gave each of them a present. She asked Gimli that she would like to receive the Gnome as a gift from the Lady of the Golden Forest.
           "Nothing, Lady," Gimli answered. "It's enough that I saw the Governor Galadrim and heard warm words from her."
"          Do you hear, Elves?" she exclaimed, addressing the others. - Nobody is allowed to say that Gnomes are stingy and ungrateful! But I'm sure that you, Gimli, Gloin's son, have a desire to do which I can do. Call him, I ask. You do not have to be the only guest left without a present.
"         Nothing, Lady Galadriel," repeated Gimli, bowing low and stammering. - Nothing. I would not ask anything if you would not, no. But now I will call my desire - the only strand of your hair, which is superior to all earth's gold, as stars outnumber diamonds from mines. I do not ask for this gift, but you ordered to name my desire ... "

Despite the surprise and outrage of the Elves (before this honor was not given to Feanor himself), Galadriel cut off three strands and gave them to Gimli. The dwarf said that he would put them inside the purest crystal, as a pledge of friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves.
          After parting, Gimli cried and asked himself why he had gone on this journey. He was ready for difficulties and hardships, but to find light and joy, and then voluntarily leave them - proved to be the most difficult test.   

The Fellowship of the Ring: "Farewell to Lorien,"

"When Marshal Marky heard their story, he apologized for the harsh words about Galadriel, and offered the travelers to horses to speed up their movement. But Eomer warned them that there was little hope of a good search result: he and his riders stumbled upon the Orcs and killed them all last night. Aragorn promised that he would come to Edoras, and Gimli confirmed this decision.
"I'll come too," Gimli said. "The question of Lady Galadriel lies between us, and I hope to teach you a little polite words."
"We'll see," Eomer answered. - In the world there are such strange things that it is not so strange to learn polite words about a beautiful lady under the loving blows of a dwarf ax. Goodbye
!

The Two Towers: "The Riders of Rohan,"

So Gimli cherishes the hope that when something else can see the beauty of Galadriel, and he simply can not fall in battle, as he will fight to the last. Named hope to see the beauty of Galadriel again and let Gimli always resist his fear and enemies. This proposal seems to me the best possible reflection of his firmness and

Hope - the ability that opens to the 10th level after buying improvements - Mithril armor. Gimli gets a unique ability. When Gimli's life falls below 25% of life, he issues a battle cry that strengthens his allies who become immune to fear and automatically become immune for 10 seconds and receives an additional 25% damage. Restarting the ability is 3 minutes.
I wonder what do you think? Do not hesitate to express your opinion! :)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Unique offer for Gimli
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Nov 2017, 12:39 »
I like the basic idea. But I think the boni could be adjusted a bit, such that they fit better for a mass slayer. In particular, making all allies immune means all enemies will automatically attack gimli.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Nov 2017, 14:01 »
it is very pleasant to hear that you liked FG15 and sincerely thankful for your opinion, it's nice that you appreciated my idea :). Of course, you can come up with other effects or bonuses for this ability ;). I will work on that to bring this proposal to even more suitable for implementation. By the way, I hope that you will also share your opinion about the proposal about Dain xD

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Nov 2017, 11:46 »
Hi Dain  :)
I like your proposal. Usually when you invest 2500 to recruit Gimli you are disappointed because he endures for very less time when surrounded by masses. And is not good at all for a mass slayer, also given that dwarves are generally slow. A part of "Slayer" ability, you generally have few chances to shield waves of masses with Gimli or flee from dangerous situations.
I like the theme you proposed, It fits very well and it would be a new little but important piece of lore introduced in game :) later on I'll propose my version of your idea, more
mass-slayer centered, as FG suggested.
Also, as last note, I would not bind the ability to the purchasing of mithril armor. If we can find another way it would be better.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Nov 2017, 15:25 »
I see the purpose of this suggestion, even though I would rather have it be centred solely on the hero himself, given that we're talking about his personal desire and inner will to withstand any possible menace. Honestly, I'm really sceptical about making all allies in the surroundings immune, for that would work against the subject of the topic, as FG pointed out, and you know well that we already dispose of an ability in the game which grants such an effective blessing to the affected targets, be it units or heroes... :P

Besides, let us go back to the conceptual kernel of the thread: it would be interesting indeed to explore that theme. You only need to know that the character involved was so willing to behold the Lady's majesty for the last time, so much that he was eventually given consent from the Valar to sail to the Undying Lands, just to be later welcomed in the royal court of Kôr by Galadriel herself. Hence, it's a good idea that might blossom in something positive. And as a personal contribution of mine, I think that Resilient Longing could be an appropriate name for the ability. It wasn't just hope, but a true ardent desire, with his yearning being characterised by a sacred connotation, in this case, because this wish was not outcome of spasmodic obsession. That name refers also to resilience, being this the main quality of such valiant hero.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2017, 21:28 von Walküre »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 11. Nov 2017, 18:09 »
I was just thinking about you, great Walküre, as the proper person in finding epic resounding name  xD.
Then is what I'd propose: when Gimli is below 40% of health (maybe when below 25% it would be too late, avoiding the player the necessary amount of time to react), then the ability "Stubborness" is substituted with "Resilient Longing", since both the ability would have an influencing effect on masses:

Level 8: "Resilient Longing": in hard times, the precious gift of the White Lady inspires Gimli to fight with all his remaining forces. When the ability is activated, the war cry of Gimli stuns the enemy units in terror for a short time, while for 20 seconds Gimli gains +100% armor and cannot be knocked back. This ability would results as more "protective", Such as is the usual style of the White lady influence, giving Gimli more chance to survive and to break through the enemy lines.
The ability cannot be used simultaneously with "Slayer", therefore  the two ability must necessary share the same cooldown when activated. I think it will result as too much overpowered, also the character of the two skills are opposite, one offensive and "angry", the other "protective", and related to the sacred sentiments described by Walküre.
Let me know what do you think and how, in your opinion, we can improve the ability  :)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Nov 2017, 20:06 »
Hello ! :) Sincerely grateful that they shared their opinion, and take part in the discussion. As always, the respected Walküre you shed light on the discussion, and direct it to the right track. And the name of the ability just gets to the point.
I'm glad that you AulëTheSmith, as always, offer weighted and interesting ideas, and this proposal is no exception, especially liked the picture that perfectly reflects the essence. The only problem is how to realize this ability. His current abilities are so perfect and canonical (Gimli probably has the most effective arsenal of abilities in the game, but I just do not understand why ET is called his mass murderer, he's more like a hero from the category of the hero killer.), Which leads me to complete misunderstanding as the idea to correctly implement . I have to admit that the idea with the fifth ability after the purchase of mithril armor is inappropriate, all because this feature of the hero's dwarves in the game, and the uniqueness is lost, The only thing I agree with is that he must get a certain chance to survive the fight with the enemies.
But still I agree with the proposal of AulëTheSmith, except for one thing: that he can not use the ability of "Slayer", he simply loses the ability to deal with strong and armored enemies, and the increase in his armor will not yield any result.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Nov 2017, 21:41 »
As usual, I won't express myself in definitive terms, as for what pertains to the realm of strategy or balance; I'm sure that others will fain take the initiative or polish what needs be polished, together with replacing the facets of the proposal that, on the other hand, need not be present at all. I just felt like intervening and offer my minor contribution :)

And the result I fancy a lot! I like how the concept took shape, evocatively and thematically. The name of the ability goes on multiple levels, indicating both the endurance of the Dwarves and the pure desire of the hero to gaze at Galadriel another time still. Well done! Compliments ought to be acknowledged for the work of who started the discussion and for the craftsman of the icon picture, in which the golden locks of the Lady may be seen in the foreground.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 12. Nov 2017, 10:21 »
I searched a bit but I didn't find a better picture that contains both the character, for now this one seems the most evocative one, if I'll find a better picture I'll replace it, or if someone like another picture I can substitute it  ;)
I look forward to discuss more about the proposal, in particular values and possible changes in the effects. I just try to fit the proposal to the mass slayer aspect, in order to improve Gimli skillset and at the same time rapresent the protection of the White Lady, but I just shape the ability very quickly so that it needs some review for sure, form people far more experienced in testing than me. Another idea I would like to advance, which is more graphical, is when the ability is active Gimli is sorrounded by a similar shining aura than the one of "Slayer", but fashioned in white color, to underline the bonds whit the white lady.

Dain@: given how my idea is shaped, than you cannot have Gimli with both +100% attack defence, stunning of the enemies,aoe damage, and more speed  [ugly] he would be like superman. I would like to hear any new ideas as an alternative to mine. Now that I'm thinking about it better I don't know if the war cry fit with the theme, it fits with genarally with Gimli himself, but not with the theme  [ugly].

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 6. Jan 2018, 13:18 »
I like the whole concept for making Gimli more valuable hero for Erebor and the effort of doing it but, I will make a different approach that really concerns him as a mass slayer of the faction and thus his aggressive, hot temper character when it comes for fighting.

As a result of what we know from the books and the films, we can assume that not only Gimli is courageous, stubborn dwarf eager for proving himself in the battlefield, he also obtains the egoism of the dwarfs in terms of proving himself around other non-dwarven folk about his warrior and martial skills. This is however, depicted as competition between him and Legolas. My point is to give him a level 10 passive ability: "Deadly/Worthy Competitor" that can result in making Gimli have aoe attack. As a result, nearby allied troops will get attack de buff because of the competition and finaly, when he dies, own troops that were near to him, as an inspiration of his battle deeds and proven martial prowess, will gain increased experience gathering and fear resistance for shor period of time.

For now his level 5 "Slayer" ability grants him strong boost in terms of damage, speed and knockback attack. Because of my suggestion, I would compensate only with 50% damage and speed as wel as increased recharge for his previous abilities "Axe Throw" and "Leap".