28. Mär 2024, 21:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Arcane riddles in the BFME1 campaign  (Gelesen 5630 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Arcane riddles in the BFME1 campaign
« am: 7. Nov 2017, 01:25 »
I've just known that there is more that meets the eye in the BFME1 campaign. A riddle wrapped in mystery and oblivion? Who could tell us more and help dispel the fog of doubt?

Murmurs say that a Last Alliance scenario had originally been planned for the BFME1 campaign, as the very first chapter of one of the two storylines (I suppose we're talking about the Good's quest). This very well-informed source of mine told me that some traces persist in the deep codes of the game, through which one may discover the secret of characters as Elrond or even the Dark Lord himself, comprising their own icons and abilities. That was to be the prologue of the mighty and extremely iconic quest we have all fallen in love with. We have no knowledge of the reason why the initial plans were superseded. Therefore, I infer that there is more to unearth on the matter, if we're willing to dig and seek for what we long to find.

Source of mine, may you aid our just cause of wisdom and bring us across these misty waters of wariness ;)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Arcane riddles in the BFME1 campaign
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Nov 2017, 14:23 »
Fiiiiiine I will check BFME1's Worldbuilder for you in a bit. You could have just asked ya know :D.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Nov 2017, 17:21 »
Thank you! This is information worthy of public knowledge, after all. Your endeavour shall be rewarded in fair and equal terms :)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Nov 2017, 23:49 »
Walküre, these type of secrets, hidden codes, stuff like that always make me very curious  xD. Especially I'm looking forward the abilities and characteristics of the two iconic heroes you mentioned. Also, do you think guys there is also material for the other important protagonist of the famous battle? Gil-Galad, Elendil, Isildur?
I look forward the results of your investigation, Fredius the black Numenorean  xD

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Nov 2017, 12:47 »
I might be wrong, but I remember there were some Last Alliance-ish models in the WB in BFME. Many of those were probably just cinematic props for the intro and cutscenes, but who knows. there might just be more to it.

I wouldn't be surprised it the original intention was to make the last alliance a sort of Tutorial mission since this is quite the case in other LotR games, and a good way of introducing the game setting.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Nov 2017, 13:38 »
Walküre, these type of secrets, hidden codes, stuff like that always make me very curious  xD.

Enquiries are one of the things I enjoy the most. And I do that even more, if they are to dig deeply and bring mysteries to the light of common knowledge. Riddles in the obscurity of doubt, buried by much time and past events ;)

Indeed. There is something pertaining to those noble protagonists of tales. Fredius will soon show the findings of his inquest. It was really meant to be a sort of tutorial, prior to the commencement of the actual grand campaign. Such a pity, though; it would have been marvellous to have such a scenario in the game. A good deal more entertaining and exciting than random tutorials in which one may do nothing and just has to follow instructions. Better than bland tutorials, for sure.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #6 am: 8. Nov 2017, 18:34 »
Welp, as promised, I will explain here what I found. I made screenshots of all the units and heroes that were supposed to be in that Last Alliance tutorial mission.

Zitat
As you can see, they've got their own portraits, and their own banner carriers, which for some reason is the only upgrade that works for them. Their formation toggle doesn't work.

No portraits, can't receive any upgrades, and their weapon toggle does not work either.

Has his own portrait and hero icon, but (apart from the weapon toggle) no powers or voiceset.

Got his own portrait, hero icon, and his own unique power called "Narsil" (the blue glow on his sword is a result of that power activated). Narsil's description says "Use this to defeat Sauron". It gives him a unique attack animation, and he can almost one-shot Sauron with it! No voiceset though, sadly.

He has his own portrait, but no hero icon or powers. I guess this was because he was never meant to be playable. However, he does have a passive effect, which makes both enemy and allied units fear him when he is around, making them uncontrollably scared. And the coolest thing is that he HAS a voiceset, though he doesnt speak any words like in BFME2. Instead, he makes some very menacing grunts and noises, which have a very ancient and evil atmosphere around them.

Based on all this information I can assume that it was indeed meant to be a tutorial, the description of Narsil kinda gives it away. Our best bet on playing this mission again is to wait untill the Classical Edition Mod for BFME1 is released, which remakes the game into how it was in the alpha stages. Definetly worth the wait!

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #7 am: 8. Nov 2017, 21:45 »
Thank you very much Fredius for unveiling the mystery :) Clearly the project was forsaken, given that most of the units and heroes are not complete. Or as you said, they finally meant them as a tutorial characters. Actually I like very much the portrait of Elrond and the one of Sauron. Also, you wrote about a unic animation of Isildur, that could be eventually used also for Edain for example? If I'm not wrong the current isildur animations are the same of Aragorn.
I just checked the Classical Edition Mod: Bloody hell, the author creates incredible animations! Just look at the videos about Legolas. I suppose he spent ages to creates the Mumak one  [ugly]. It's insane.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #8 am: 8. Nov 2017, 22:15 »
Also, you wrote about a unic animation of Isildur, that could be eventually used also for Edain for example? If I'm not wrong the current isildur animations are the same of Aragorn.

His regular animation set is indeed the same as Aragorn's. However, his attack animation changes to this one, showcased by the author of the Classical Edition mod (only the first animation btw):

I just checked the Classical Edition Mod: Bloody hell, the author creates incredible animations! Just look at the videos about Legolas. I suppose he spent ages to creates the Mumak one  [ugly]. It's insane.

He used to do it in a pretty fast pace, though he has limited time atm. I'm just glad that we're able to someday play the game in how it was supposed to be xD!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 8. Nov 2017, 23:08 »
I love that special animation. It quite resembles a medieval knight and this reinforces my personal vision of Númenóreans in general, as much akin to Romans during the apex of the old empire or the noble kings of Middle Age (the Holy Roman Empire, mainly). I wonder whether that animation could find its place in the Edain Mod, serving another monarch in need. A woodland monarch, I say, who yearns a more kingly composure, despite the difficulty of finding something appropriate for the character.

As I have already told Fredius, the special attack of Isildur against the Dark Lord could be seen as a parallelism with what happens in the last mission of Age of Mythology: The Titans, in which the player is obliged to make usage of Gaia and her special attack, in order to vanquish Kronos. It might not be a very original of a solution, yet it's equally interesting to draw similar comparisons. It's by the hands of Aragorn's ancestry that Sauron fell, after all.