28. Mär 2024, 20:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Do you agree with the proposed changes?

I agree with these changes.
I disagree with these changes.
I agree with Grima's changes but not Theoden's.
I agree with Theoden's changes but not Grima's.
I do not feel that Rohan's Ring Heroes need a change.

Autor Thema: Rohan's Ring Hero Mechanics  (Gelesen 4280 mal)

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
Rohan's Ring Hero Mechanics
« am: 18. Nov 2017, 18:26 »
I understand there are a few topics in regards to mechanic changes for certain aspects of the Rohan Ring Heroes, however on this occasion I opted to create a new topic as none of the previous seem to focus on both aspects but more specifically on Grima's own.

The intent of this is to make both of Rohan's Ring hero options feel more worthwhile in attaining, as in their current format both of Rohan's Ring heroes generally harm the user more than help in the long term without having anything expressly unique to make them feel worthwhile.

I'll speak on Grima's mechanic first.

Grima's current form thematically applies sacrifice in the name of quicker power spikes later on however, other than having slightly increased abilities from Theoden the Corrupt's form it has nothing truly new to warrant it's use as it disables Rohan from attaining King Theoden until he has died which can in certain regards turn the tables even worse as thanks to the banishment mechanic it can lock out Rohan's heroes, which are a core to their strength and can only be released by willingly allowing Grima to die to enemies thus putting the ring into enemy hands.

Here are the proposed changes I would add to Grima's functions:

On to King Theoden:

The issues I have with Theoden is that unlike the other factions his ring hero function while interesting doesn't give the player a true reward unlike the other factions as at the cost of power Theoden has to give up something in return. Something not seen in the other factions and that deters most from willingly choosing to accept them without turning Theoden into a unit that just sits away from enemy lines applying bonuses to his troops. Theoden himself is the King of Rohan and a proud warrior, who always leads at the front of his troops, something his current mechanic takes away from him by accepting the whisperings of the ring.

In this regard I suggest the effects be tied to Theoden's level and be passive without the normal drawbacks, showing his progressing power as a thanks to the benefits of the ruling ring, though some minor alterations should be made, and so I propose the following:

For the idea:
OakenShield224
Julio229
AulëTheSmith
Bowshot 999
NoldorSithLordsShipwrigh t

Against the idea:

If anyone disagrees with any of these changes please feel free to explain and make suggestions below.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Nov 2017, 23:42 von SP19XX »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Rohan's Ring Hero Mechanics
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Nov 2017, 18:36 »
I really like these changes. This should make the ring much more viable for Rohan since there is much more of a positive impact to it. I also like the lore reasoning for the some of the abilities. I'm for this idea.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Nov 2017, 18:47 »
I absolutely adore the Glorious King changes, heavily support those. The Corrupted King changes are pretty good, although I would suggest that Retreat be changed to "in a large radius" cause map wide is just going to either annoy teammates or stop you from using the ability.

Some minor improvements stolen from my old post on Grima:
Taxes
I'd suggest that the farms gain some traitors units that patrol and defend while the ability's effect lasts.
Traitors
Maybe traitors should be permanent? Like in the old 3.8.1 days.

Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Nov 2017, 18:58 »
I absolutely adore the Glorious King changes, heavily support those. The Corrupted King changes are pretty good, although I would suggest that Retreat be changed to "in a large radius" cause map wide is just going to either annoy teammates or stop you from using the ability.

Some minor improvements stolen from my old post on Grima:
Taxes
I'd suggest that the farms gain some traitors units that patrol and defend while the ability's effect lasts.
Traitors
Maybe traitors should be permanent? Like in the old 3.8.1 days.
I adjusted the Retreat option as stated, as I agree that it can be irritating to teammates and not to mention is annoying even in a 1 v 1 setting. I actually just had a thought that could be used in that regard. With the changes to Rohan's Spellbook in 4.5 perhaps a farm under this effect (that has been given the Draft Order) spell effect could instead be defended with traitors. Then in conjunction to that upon activating the taxes, the effect is expanded to the following:

The selected building will now instead produce the Traitors of Rohan in permanent batallions at a higher cost until Theoden is freed from Grima's corruption.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Nov 2017, 19:03 »
As I said on Discord, I support this suggestion!

Bowshot 999

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Komm nicht zwischen den Nazgul und seine Beute
« Antwort #5 am: 19. Nov 2017, 16:57 »
I support you ;) ;)
Die Schlacht um Mittelerde hat erst begonnen. Minas Tirith hier wird der Hammerschlag am häftigsten sein. Sauron zieht all seine Streitkräfte zusammen. Er hat seinen tötlichsten Diener noch nicht enthüllt: Den Hexenkönig von Angmar

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #6 am: 19. Nov 2017, 17:28 »
I agree with the proposal  :)
Also as necro said it would be cool to have permanent traitors :)

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Nov 2017, 19:40 »
I agree with the proposal  :)
Also as necro said it would be cool to have permanent traitors :)
That was actually one of the key things I wanted to incorporate into Grima's changes, showing that Rohan is now under his corruption, as opposed to still the benevolent rule of King Theoden. I have adjusted the effects of Grima's taxes, the building will now only be able to produce traitors (even once the taxes have lifted) until Grima is defeated and Theoden freed from his corruption. It also incorporates the Draft Orders spell in Rohan's new 4.5 spellbook, converting the defending peasants into traitors that will protect them.

This now gives Grima two options with the traitors: Permanent additions that have to be bought giving Rohan stronger base infantry early on, though having the drawback of being unable to attain upgrades thus making them slightly weaker in the late game, or to convert peasant battalions into temporary traitors, allowing it to still be used in an offensive manner, but with a shorter term affect but allowing Rohan to convert damaged battalions into stronger alterations for a short time.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Nov 2017, 20:54 »
Then perhaps the temporary traitors could come with upgrades? Like "Grima's Chosen" kinda stuff. The target battalion are converted into traitors with forged blades and heavy armor to fight temporarily for rohan.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Nov 2017, 09:55 »
I agree with this proposal! This would give Rohan a much needed buff to their Ring function.

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 23. Nov 2017, 18:35 »
Oh Im Definatly for the Changes this looks awsome i always thought the Ring hero was a bit weak but this is way better  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #11 am: 23. Nov 2017, 18:39 »
I like every suggestion that is well thought through and balanced. I agree with this, but one thing: wouldn't Brego's glory be too OP, since no other hero (except Sauron), even Galadriel doesn't have so powerful ability. I would agree with huge range, but not globally.