28. Mär 2024, 16:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Discussing the Mod of Year elections 2017  (Gelesen 1979 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Discussing the Mod of Year elections 2017
« am: 11. Dez 2017, 22:21 »
Hi everyone,
again it's this time of the year. Let's hear what you have to say!  [ugly]

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Discussing the Mod of Year elections 2017
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Dez 2017, 22:46 »
Likely dropping an unpopular opinion here, but I think it's been kind of a shaky year for Edain with the departure of Ea and the lack of progress and communication following thereafter. The comparatively large playerbase of Edain is showing its dedication nonetheless and has elevated Edain through their votes. This time, I think it really is the community that deserves a thank you and praise since they didn't give up on the mod and still decided to vote.

Nevertheless, I'm quite glad that Edain is back on the road again. We have a lot to look forward to, and I believe 2018 will be another year for Edain to improve and grow, and show us what it is to keep Tolkien's memory alive through this magnificent gaming experience.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Dez 2017, 10:51 »
Likely dropping an unpopular opinion here, but I think it's been kind of a shaky year for Edain with the departure of Ea and the lack of progress and communication following thereafter. The comparatively large playerbase of Edain is showing its dedication nonetheless and has elevated Edain through their votes. This time, I think it really is the community that deserves a thank you and praise since they didn't give up on the mod and still decided to vote.

Nevertheless, I'm quite glad that Edain is back on the road again. We have a lot to look forward to, and I believe 2018 will be another year for Edain to improve and grow, and show us what it is to keep Tolkien's memory alive through this magnificent gaming experience.

It is not unpopular Odysseus. You simply described facts. Facts that the team itself know. I agree with you.
Beside, it would have been easy to give up after the departure of Ea ( they told me he was doing a LOT of the work when active), but they didn't! Even if slowly they worked a lot for us, and I can imagine many of them must learn new stuff which before was crafted by the great leader! In my opinion they deserve a praise too, together with patience fans.
I hope this wave of votes in MOTY2017 will be a good charge of positive energy. It's sign of a compact community, that has respect and it is grateful for the efforts the team made along these years to craft this masterpiece. A community that has, at the same time, a great desire to explore more about the Tolkien world through this mod and  hopes to see the work finally complete someday in the future!
So, I would finally say to the team: never give up, take your time for the good work ! This mod is the best strategy game a Tolkien fan can ever desire!! don't let this dream finish!  :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Dez 2017, 18:43 »
Well, my gentlemen, if one said that we haven't just gone through a very tempestuous year, this one would be lying for sure. Without a doubt. I am certain of it. Not only did we have to cope with Ealendril leaving the Edain Team, as a community, but I can also assure you that the internal forum struggled to keep the pace as well. And no blame or fault ought to be appointed to someone in general; it has been a difficult period for all and it equally involved pretty much all fields of the whole modding process. But we're trying to rectify this and remedy, as the recent article put forward in a more articulate manner. This hour of darkness, which seems hopefully to be behind us, and the relative reaction of ours to tackle the issue shall test our temper. We'll finally see whether this Mod has still much to offer (it does and will) and whether the community will eventually prove itself loyal and resilient. And loyal and resilient it has indeed proven itself, so far. Hence, I would really like to thank any passionate fan and member of this broad family for having endured in such troublesome times and for not having fallen prey of those malicious voices that had predicted the definitive death of the project.

Needless to say, merit should be recognised and acknowledged in regards of our beloved developers in equal manner, for they still enjoy modifying a nearly 15-year-old game and being a lively body of that which is the world of Tolkien's admirers, along with the great appreciation of the cinematographic trilogy that we all fancy a great deal. If we manage to succeed in meeting the tasks before us, and if this marvellous project does not fail to amaze further, I'm sure there will be many more wonders to discover and to rejoice at. I'm well confident that we shall soon see a brighter future and the well-deserved fruit of our labour.

My journey has commenced with the Edain Mod, it is a part of it at the present time and forever it will. That's why I shall cast my vote for the Mod, so that we may all have our passion rekindled and determination renewed. You have my unfaltering support ;)

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Dez 2017, 21:09 »
First of all I like to thank You for having a chance to re made this old game. With this mod which by me is more like entirely new game, the franchise of Tolkien's world putted into computer gaming still lives. I have started my career with Edain back in 2014 and from that year till this day I play this mod no mater the cost of waiting for new patch, new faction etc.
According to your posts on Mod DB regarding not only the state of the mod but the showcase of the reworked spell book trees for the revealed 6 factions, I put my hope to see what you guys will bring for one of the most made up factions of all- Angmar. Why ? Because Angmar has been remade from scratch here in Edain and therefore 90% of its spell book is offensive. I personally like to see how you will manage to deal with them and also with its main figure the Witch King who is their most precious central figure and leader. The new sneak peak of the battle wagon has made me very satisfied since I was hoping to see something like that months ago ( honestly since the showcase of the dwarven renaissance ) and I know that you will manage to create a unique overhaul for that unit since it has been shared by three realms with completely different strategies. Last but not least since FG said couple of days ago about possibility of launching a version in honor of Mod of the Year event, I have my fingers crossed about that :D :D
And in the end I like to give you my full support even though you guys as a team are aware that if you don't keep the motivation and will to continue with Edain, our support wont have that strong effect. But because you are dedicated to the project, we are again here for discussion, giving ideas, testing, and helping with the development.
Best regards,
Filip Georgievski

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Dez 2017, 19:31 »
Dear ET, I'm really glad the honorable mention refuel your spirit and your passion for this beautiful hobby. The community is still solid and compact! be the force with you!  xD I also want to wish the best Of luck to the new member Elendils xD xD