28. Mär 2024, 18:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gollum Uptime in a match?  (Gelesen 2423 mal)

Theophanes

• Hobbit
Gollum Uptime in a match?
« am: 4. Jan 2018, 01:59 »
So I've been meaning to ask..
1) Is Gollum always active and running about in some corner of the map until he is found?
2) If he is killed and no one claims the ring does he repop asap?
3) are there matches that he just wont pop at all?
4) does the <ring hunter> upgrade for the ringwraiths does anything at all regarding this mechanic or its just the mount that's supposed to allow you to scan the map quickly?
If its just the mount why one should go ring hunter instead of the other option and let the witch king or khamul with their fell beast do this job? or heck even mouth of sauron :P

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Gollum Uptime in a match?
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Jan 2018, 15:34 »
Sorry for the late answer. I'm unsure about Number 4, but I can  tell you about the other ones:
1.) On a normal skirmish map in edain he always pops up and runs around until he is killed. (of course only if you have ring heroes activated)
2.) As far as I remember it's a fix time.
3.) As said in 1.) On all normal skirmish maps (not defence maps or similar things) he pops up, if ring heroes are activated.

Theophanes

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Jan 2018, 18:46 »
hmm didn't know about the defence or similar maps..! must have played on a lot of those maps that because I was looking for him for ever...!

Thanks!!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Jan 2018, 21:18 »
As long as you have normal fortresses/camps as starting points, you're playing a normal map. But Gollum is hard to find edain, as he turns invisible more often than in the original game.

Theophanes

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Jan 2018, 00:08 »
ah so the ring hunter upgrade must be for removing invisibility and revealing stealth unit then..!

Thanks for the usefull insights!

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Mai 2019, 20:39 »
The AI will always attempt to hunt down Gollum if he had been sighted. If you happen to see a few battalions of AI troops randomly moving around and stopping near corners of the map, or in forests, where no enemies are, then it is likely they are searching for Gollum and he was there recently.

You can hear him panting/breathing while invisible, though he does move fast! If I happen to hear him (and you will only hear him if he is in your current screen location, even when invisible) I select a hero at the bottom of the screen and direct them to the location, while moving the screen - following his panting/breathing.

Alternatively using a spell or ability which reveals stealth, such as Sauron's eye or Galadriel's vision will reveal him in the area and allow units to kill him - otherwise you have to be very close to him to break his invisibility.

If Rohan is an AI playing, they will hunt for Gollum just like any other faction, but will not take the ring as the AI does not create Theoden/Grima - so you will have a free run to the dropped ring without any worry of the AI taking it first.