28. Mär 2024, 16:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New implementation and visuals that concern the cavalry force of Rohan  (Gelesen 4018 mal)

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
In the upcoming version of 4.5, Theoden is bound as central figure of Rohan as their true King. So, as an act of reviving the glory of the Land of the Horselords, why wont  the player also gains the ability to recruit the "Royal Guards" as their ultimate cavalry ? Alongside they should get small cosmetic change in terms of gaining better visual models for horses that have armor similar to the horse that Theodred rides.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BMG0GVtpnoWdBpueZ7-IOCVvqCnOnwjI

The point is to give them true value as guards that answer the call only by their King. During his illness and presence of Grima, they had passive role of defending the Golden Hall but, after Théoden was cured, they were seen many times fighting alongside him. At the theatrical charge from Hornburg, at Pelennor Fields they were also present in the first lines.
As a result of my suggestion from moving them as unlock option from the central spell, they wont need to further require the designated upgrades in forms of "Forged Blades", "Heavy Armor" and "Horse Shields" since they resemble the highest military rank in Rohan's society and thus are by default provided with the best equipment available.

Or  this matter can be solved in completely different way that won't involve the statues in the first place nor Hama:

First option: at the start of the game, our Rohan fortress or camp that resemble the architecture of Edoras and the Citadel that should act like Meduseld, will have 2 Royal Guards defending the entrance of the Citadel and will be static. If troops invade your base and will get near to the main building they will attack. As passive aura, they will provide in defensive strategy experience and armor boost to nearby heroes. After Théoden is cured, they will disappear and that ability will pas to the statues. Royal Guards as horsemen stay with the same passive and active abilities.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/albums/album43/EdorasGuards.jpg

Second option: when Théoden is bought before the player has purchased the central spell, the Royal Guards will automatically appear to defend the main building and will stay there until Théoden is restored. After that their abilities will pass to the Royal Guards that are horsemen and to the statues for defensive strategy

And in the end as I stated before, Royal Guards come alongside Theoden as an unlock option after the central spell is purchased.

As for the visuals of other cavalry that gain white horses after the spell "Highborn Warhorses" is bought, I will propose a small visual update that instead of giving entirely white horses for whole battalion that is honestly odd, the horses could receive small cosmetic change in terms of giving them shields that are attached either in the back of the horse or in the front similar to how they were shown in the movies. In this way the ability of protection can be visible that the spell grants and there will be way more clear distinction between royal horses ridden by the King, Marshals and Royal Guards and those of the lower military classes.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/polls/190000/190722_1235182190637_full.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f7/bf/3f/f7bf3fb5d3225fab7aa20819eb754a83--middle-earth-lord.jpg

Another concern is about the "Royal Vanguard" unit that is available after from the Exile Camp after it is upgraded. They now look identical to the standard Rohirrim recruited from the stables even though they should resemble higher status since they bear "Royal" in their name. So, here instead of making a whole visual concept for that unit, it could be simply okay if their green cloak is replaced with crimson/darker red one.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Jan 2018, 14:25 von FilipGeorg95 »

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
I really like this whole suggestion, and both options for Royal Guards seem good to me, though maybe I prefer the second one :P You can count me for this suggestion!

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
Thank you for the reply and your expression about the concept :D

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
Or another option: they could be recruited in Stables after all upgrades are bought, similarly to the Guardians of the White City in Gondor.

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
That can work also, if we take into consideration about their cost at first place without discounts, it will make the work easier. :D So far I think that visuals and small changes such as this one will make Rohan more attractive for play and also will give a good touch to the lore

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
I really like the second suggestion about Royal Guards, and also agree about giving Rohan's upgraded cavalry a different design than all-white-horses

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
For those who wonder why I mentioned Hama as a option is because currently he acts like a good hero supporter for Rohan. I was thinking in first place before my idea came up about the usage of Royal Guards that would guard the Citadel to give him a nice active-passive ability in addition to compensate the loss of the Royal Guards who in my concept are supposed to be spell unlock.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
I like the whole suggestion, i'm for it :) both the Guards on foot (i prefer the second option is more interesting, they will disappear when Theoden is free from the vise of Saruman/Grima) and also the suggestion about different color of cloaks, it goes towards differentiation  ;)

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
I don't know how those animations could be implemented, but from what I have found, something similar to this matter that concerns the Royal Guards defending the Citadel can be seen in the map "Rhun" where Easterlings are placed to defend outpost build plots and that by me can serve as an guideline :)