28. Mär 2024, 15:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan Royal Guard Infantry  (Gelesen 1780 mal)

NorthRanger

• Hobbit
Rohan Royal Guard Infantry
« am: 23. Sep 2019, 04:52 »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the Royal Guard as an infantry unit similar to Gondor's Citadel Guard unit.

My idea was to have them as 5 man Heroic/Elite units limited to 3 battalions that would be recruited from the Citadel. These would be equipped with a shield and be able to toggle between Spear and Sword, and also be able to change to a Shieldwall formation.

My reasoning for this is that Rohan need an elite infantry unit without relying on the King's Camp from the outpost. In addition that unit needs to be able to counter monsters such as trolls since Rohan really lack an effective counter for them (since spearthrowers are broken).
I also find it strange that Rohan does not have a shieldwall formation in any of its units despite it being a favored defensive tactic of the Rohirrim (used on the Pelennor Fields by Eomer's Riders, and the Battles of the Fords of Isen). I understand that formations are designed to more prevalent across the faction of Gondor and that you don't want to take that away from them which is why I've suggested it only for this unit.

Anyway what does everyone else think of this?

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Rohan Royal Guard Infantry
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Sep 2019, 10:29 »
This has been suggested in the past, but our stance on it hasn't changed: We don't want Rohan to have access to heroic infantry. We feel that it doesn't fit Rohan as its main focus is cavalry, and their infantry prowess can't be compared to other factions like Gondor, Imladris or the Dwarves.

With that being said, your points are being addressed in different ways: Spearthrowers will work as intended in 4.5, giving Rohan fantastic counters to monsters. And the Three Hunters are being added as well as a powerful melee brawler that doesn't need a King's camp.