28. Mär 2024, 21:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Several Ideas for Arnor  (Gelesen 1652 mal)

EpicTslayer

• Bilbos Festgast
Several Ideas for Arnor
« am: 15. Jan 2018, 21:44 »
Hello Edain team! I am a bit of a Arnor fan and I always wondered how might it be possible to extend the ability to play Arnor when an Idea hit me. On one hand, as you well know, the RoTWK engine is in :ocapable of handling more than 11 or so faction templates. On the other hand, there is not exactly a limit to how many options for factions you could show ingame when you are creating a game as far as I know. Because Arnor is simply Gondor with different buildings/units/spellbook, what happens if you just show an option for Playing Arnor alongside Gondor when setting up a skirmish/multiplayer game? And when selected, the game will enable the appropriate configuration files to tech-switch Gondor into Arnor. I would love it if you decide to answer back! (OOOPS!!!! Accidently made my post the Priview :o :D :D :D :D)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Several Ideas for Arnor
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Feb 2018, 19:42 »
That's sadly not possible engine-wise.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Feb 2018, 20:16 »
Just to go a bit more in the deails:
1.) You can't change the spellbook. So either Arnor and Gondor both have the army of the dead, or both don't have it.
2.) You can't give a faction as many heroes as you want, there is an upper border. That's also why the dwarven kingdoms have less champions than other factions and there are too many heroes for Gondor and Arnor together. (and basically your method is the same thing we did for the dwarves)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Feb 2018, 00:22 »
I don't think there is the need for this thread to remain open any longer. All questions have been answered. The topic may be discussed further in the proper Arnor/Gondor-related boards.

--- LOCKED ---
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Feb 2018, 00:27 von Walküre »