28. Mär 2024, 16:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [Submod] The Rise of Angmar: Remastered  (Gelesen 46047 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: [Submod] The Rise of Angmar: Remastered
« Antwort #15 am: 5. Mär 2018, 17:11 »
8. Fornost
Next stop, Graceland!
Several years have passed since the great plague has begun, much of Arnor is now desolate and the remain of this once mighty kingdom of Men have fallen back into their final stronghold, Fornost. With Carn Dum rebuilt and at the height of his power, Witch King now lays siege to the fortress, throwing everything at it and emptying all the lands of Angmar. The fall of Fornost would mean the end for the Kingdom of Arnor...

Why the heroes? Well I mean, it's the last level, why wouldn't we add every hero?

If all goes well, the next mission should be quite an unexpected one (no, I don't mean we're adding the Hobbit Campaign)
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #16 am: 5. Mär 2018, 17:27 »
Amazing im hyped to see more  ;)
Keep up the work and if i would have my pc i would say make me a Beta tester so i can help you out but well i do t  :(

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #17 am: 31. Mai 2018, 17:56 »
A chill wind blows across the lands of the West...

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
[Submod] The Rise of Angmar: Remastered - Released
« Antwort #18 am: 8. Jun 2018, 20:34 »
The Rise of Angmar: Remastered

After a couple months of work we've finally managed to convert the entire campaign to Edain 4.0 and test it too. The campaign now uses all of Angmar's heroes (and more...  ;) ) and the fixed build plot system. The final count of missions is 11 including the epilogue campaign. I won't go over the missions because A) it's already been done in the previous posts and B) I want to keep the ones we haven't covered a secret.

To add some challenge to the campaign we implemented a sort of "butterfly effect" system, this means that sidequest that are optional and don't bring you any benefits in one mission might come back later to bite you in the back on another mission. As an example, given that a missions tasks you with the destruction of a wildmen camp of Arnor-sympathisers but you refuse, in a future missions you might come to regret that decision as you see hordes of wildmen running down the hill to aid the Arnor outpost you are currently sieging. On the contrary, if you destroy the camp when asked to do so, the wildmen hordes will scatter and no reinforcements will come to Arnor's aid. This system should bring a extra level of challenge and keep you always wondering whether an optional quest is truly worth ignoring.

The entire campaign has been balanced as best as possible, at least for both the easy and hard difficulty. The medium difficulty was not modified beyond the enemy stats already defined by the game. Any player should be able to enjoy themselves on easy, issuing general commands and micro-ing heroes should be enough to beat the campaign, although it is still slightly harder than the vanilla one. The hard campaign provides a true challenge which has been fine tuned. Full use of control groups, shortcuts and powers will be required alongside a strong micro and sometimes a good macro.

Because I am a complete beginner to map.ini modding and have a short patience for stuff that doesn't tell me what's wrong you will find that installing the submod does modify the angmar faction in skirmish. For this reason it is probably best to only have the submod installed when you desire to play the campaign as the submod's Angmar no longer has access to certain spellbook powers and the stats of units have been modified to better suit the campaign's balance.

How to install
In terms of installation the submod is really simple, once you've clicked on the download link (here) you'll get a .zip file. To install the submod, open the .zip file and in there you will see a file called  _____campaign_remastered .big, this file you must drag and drop into your game directory. Which by default is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king". Make sure you don't have any other submods installed as compatibility has not been tested which could either cause your game to crash or either of the submods to not work. This submod is meant to work with Edain 4.4.1.

Important notice: The Angmar campaign will be called "The War of the Dwarves" and the Epilogue will be called "The Hobbit". A decision was made not to change that since it would have required the addition of a second file to the installation process.

Concerning the German version
There is no german version planned for the simple reason that neither Elf nor I speak german. However, if someone wishes to translate the campaign I have included all the map strings below. If somebody does translate it, I'd be more than happy to include it alongside the english version download link in the main post. Click here to download the aforementioned string files.

Riddles in the dark
In the defense of your dark keep
Some allies will comes
But others you must seek
To call them
Listen to my words

Laying among beasts
I, the stunted, roll in the mud
Shatter the barrier to the west
And with thine cold cursed steel
Snuff out my life, oh Master of Winter,
To call the Stone Heart

The table is set
The water is boiling
The meat is cooking
All await the stewart
Face the acolyte if you dare
To call a great sorcerer...

But that is not all,
When you turn your coat
And march on the fortress of your old master
Hear what this skilled scout has to say:

Seek me out
Oh, true and brave knight
To make my power yours
Seek me out
From where the hillmen sprout
As you battle the wielder of blood and iron
Bring forth the masters of water and silver

Once you have found me
Bring me to the harbinger of winter
And let my arrows slay him
If you wish for the battle to end
Be warned, once you have discovered me
No other weapon but my bow
May slay the Lord of the Nine

Final note: This is the end of the development, many things could be added to the campaign (new missions, new heroes, more balance) but we decided that it was not within the scope of this project and beyond my skill. There is the possibility of a hotfix in the future if a bug is found but apart from that this is the last you'll hear from this project.

« Letzte Änderung: 2. Aug 2018, 23:48 von The_Necromancer0 »

Martin

• Edain Translator
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 13. Jun 2018, 19:25 »
Hey I really enjoyed playing the campaign after all these years. Thanks for that.

Some bugs I encountered:
  • Carn Dum: I could not get any aid. When I lit the signal fire nothing happened, I checked the map.str file and saw that there could be notifications if Zaphragor is not ready. But they did not work. Same thing with the hidden allies, even thought the dialog worked.

I played it with the German version and it worked well, even thought it changed the game to English, so only German sounds.

Greetings
Martin
"Nicht, wenn wir treu Seite an Seite stehen. Wir werden Merry und Pippin nicht der Folter und dem Tod überlassen... Nicht solange wir noch Kraft haben... Alles was nicht gebraucht wird lassen wir hier.. Nur leichtes Gepäck.. Lasst uns Orks jagen!" - Aragorn

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #20 am: 13. Jun 2018, 22:10 »
Glad you enjoyed it :D About the bug: Not sure what went wrong, it worked last I tested it but I might have made a modification and forgot to test it. I'll run through the mission again and try to see what broke. Thanks for the report  :)

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #21 am: 17. Jun 2018, 10:19 »
I can verify Carn Dum bug, no allies came. It was really tough mission even on Easy :D

Overall, I enjoyed this very much. So cool to be playing again with Snow Trolls, Hill Trolls and Shade of the Wolf. Thank you for this.

What do you say about remastering good and evil campaigns from BFME2 and BFME1 into Edain? With proper heroes and lore? Its a shit tone of work but one can only hope  8-| :)

Wurm Morgoths

• Contest Gewinner
  • Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #22 am: 17. Jun 2018, 19:32 »
Thank you for your great work! I love it.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #23 am: 18. Jun 2018, 13:18 »
What do you say about remastering good and evil campaigns from BFME2 and BFME1 into Edain? With proper heroes and lore? Its a shit tone of work but one can only hope  8-| :)

I think Necro said that if he was going to do it (big emphasis on "if"), he'd wait until Misty Mountains were out so he can use all the goblin units and heroes.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 18. Jun 2018, 14:16 »
Converting the old iconic campaigns to Edain would definitely be a landmark achievement. I wholeheartedly root for such a proposition. Just imagine all the wonders one could make true, though the needed work would be insanely daunting for anyone embarking on the project.

Rekudo93

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #25 am: 19. Jun 2018, 00:18 »
Zitat

I would be agree for a revision of the good and evil campaign.
But the campaign from Bfme 1 in Bfme 2 RotWk is not possible, because the campaign of Bfme 1 has a completely different systeme.
In addition, from bfme 2 there was a limitation of the maps that can be used for the campaign.
An Edain SubMod

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.
- Albert Einstein

Die Tatsache, dass eine Meinung weit verbreitet ist, ist kein Beweis dafür, dass sie nicht völlig absurd ist.
- Bertrand Russell

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: 19. Jun 2018, 12:25 »
*Thumbs up*

Great work, Necro!

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #27 am: 19. Jun 2018, 17:29 »
Amazing job!

Thanks very much for the efffort. :)

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #28 am: 19. Jun 2018, 19:25 »
Zitat
I would be agree for a revision of the good and evil campaign.
But the campaign from Bfme 1 in Bfme 2 RotWk is not possible, because the campaign of Bfme 1 has a completely different systeme.
In addition, from bfme 2 there was a limitation of the maps that can be used for the campaign.

I know that BFME1 campaign with world map and everything is not possible, but I thought about it in BFME2 style with episodes. 1st episode Moria, 2nd Rohan with Eomer, 3rd Attack on Lorien and so on. You would not have a choice anymore but I think the amazing movie feeling would stay. You could actually start not with Moria but Hobbits' journey and meeting with Ranger :)

Other plus is that you don't need to wait for Misty Mountains for BFME1 campaigns, we already have Rohan, Gondor, Mordor, Isengard, Lorien plus many more heroes and units :)
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jun 2018, 19:40 von Secret Keeper »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #29 am: 19. Jun 2018, 22:16 »
I am extremely happy that everybody seems to be enjoying the campaign once again, I've been getting a lot of feedback from all side (discord, MU, moddb, ect...) Couple bugs there, couple suggestions here, as expected. I'll release a bugfix which should be the definitive edition fixing the bugs that were found and incorporating some minor suggestions. I look forward to some more feedback once people try the epilogue campaign (the one titled "The Hobbit" but that is actually the epilogue) which now contains not one but two missions.

We (Elf and I) did ponder on converting the other campaigns (BFME 1 (in a linear way) and BFME 2) and IF we were to do one of them first it would probably be BFME1 for multiple reason but, personally, because I find it more interesting. However it is such a massive undertaking considering the complexity of the task and the size of it I'm not sure I'd be ready to map it all alone, perhaps with one or two other mappers it would be easier. Anyways, this is all rambling and I won't confirm nor deny a potential BFME1/BFME2 campaign port to edain.