28. Mär 2024, 22:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [Submod] The Rise of Angmar: Remastered  (Gelesen 46063 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: [Submod] The Rise of Angmar: Remastered
« Antwort #30 am: 19. Jun 2018, 23:26 »
Hey Necro,

we too are really impressed by this project! Once you're done with your patch for the definitive edition, we'd love to promote this campaign on our official channels (Moddb, news section of this forum) so as many people as possible get to enjoy it! If you could write us a news post presenting your project for people who haven't heard of it before, including all the necessary instructions to get started, we'd happily share it! I think the release of the patch might the best timing for that. What do you think?
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #31 am: 20. Jun 2018, 00:14 »
I think that sounds great  :D Elf and I are quite honored. We will write a comprehensive post on the submod and send it to you as soon as possible. Will it also be translated to german? A user (rekudo) recently translated the campaign strings to german, so we were planning to also release a german version of the campaign with the patch.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #32 am: 20. Jun 2018, 00:19 »
Translation your post into german won't be an issue. Great to hear that you're planning on releasing a german version as well!

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #33 am: 24. Jun 2018, 13:46 »
Great work, I really enjoyed playing it.  :)
Although I have to say too, that the Carn Dum mission was really tough compared to the others, but that was maybe also the responsibility of the traitor. [ugly]
Fornost: Seeing this giant army of hobbits die by one plague spell was a bit tragic  [uglybunti]
Amon Sul: I think Amon Sul could need some changes, these overpowered fire arrows forced me to go only for catapults and bowmen, while, except of the rain spell and this one hobbit hero from hobbit spell, Arnor didn't use anything to counter them, especially the catapults. The way mallorn trees defend themselves forced me even more to go for that tactic.
So, because of these stupid towers, the fortress looks like a holey cheese after time and there is no need for the player to attack a gate or even use rams. I finally won this mission by only attacking at the top of the map and then shooting with so much catapults, that even the repair-spell couldn't stop me. My bowmen countered the hobbits and killed units, who didn't even try to attack me because of the high range of my bowmen.

So if you think about changing something, my suggestions are:
1. remove fire arrows from towers or directly remove all walltowers and
2. replace it with normal wall, put on the spot an Amon Sul tower, so it looks the same as it did before but the wall has much more health, so the tower will be faster destroyed then the wall and we don't have that much holes in there
3. let from time to time Arnor cavalry attack the Angmar player, so he can't win by only by using arrows and Catapults
4. make the attack range of Arnor troops inside the fortress bigger, so they do also attack when Angmar bowmen attack them from far away.

Barrow Downs
5. Because of the high range from Gulzar, he can sneak out the riders on the hills without them running away, so its really easy to stop them calling for help. Maybe the rider could also call for help if he gets attacked?

Bugs:
- Zaphragor betrayed me at Carn Dum
- dwarven campain Spellbook at the last mission of the epilog (first one has no spellbook) 
--> the (dwarven) repair spell does not appear after being selected
- In the first mission of the Epilog I am not able to buy my soldiers heavy armor, fire arrows, banner carriers and forged blades after purchasing it. Only fire stones are available for catapults after I purchased it in the workshop.

This maybe sounds like a lot, but like I said before: Great work, I loved playing it, so thumbs up and if you want to work more on the campaign I hope you can use my feedback.  :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #34 am: 24. Jun 2018, 19:20 »
Thanks for the feedback xD

Regarding Amon Sul: We agree that Amon Sul's Siege is quite boring, these are good suggestions so we will incorporate some of them. The real challenge is my lack of mapping experience which often leads me to break working stuff or to be unable to fix scripts once ported to edain. I will try to get the Cav working again. I will also severely buff the walls to avoid the swiss cheese problem but probably still allow holes to allow the player to reach certain Mallorn Trees.

Regarding Barrow Downs: Good point, will be fixed.

Bugs
Fixed
Fixed (spellbook was suppose to be disabled)
Oops, will fix.

steven

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #35 am: 22. Jul 2018, 14:46 »
hi,

not sure sure if this is the right place..

i get in the first missions after a few minutes the "instant defeat"...
i copied the file into the directory...not sure whats wrong :)

maybe someone got a hint for me?

thx for help

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
Re: [Submod] The Rise of Angmar: Remastered v2
« Antwort #36 am: 2. Aug 2018, 23:45 »
We've taken in account all the feedback and bugs that have been reported over the past months and have included several changes to create a more fun siege experience. Not all suggestions have been included either because we ran into too many bugs while trying to add them or we did not think the result would be worth the effort

General
- to fix many of the glitches involving witch king we have removed his mount and replaced it with screech. his mounted forms was just causing too many complications
- there is now a german version for the submod (thanks to Rekudo and Martin for the translation)

Amon Sul
- catapults limited to 3
- fire arrows for defenders removed
- cav will spawn from time to time to attack your catapults
- walls buffed

Carn Dum
- the "traitor" has changed his mind and decided that he'll come and help you if you hold out long enough (aka Zaphragor Bug fixed)

Fornost
- all heroes finally spawn [uglybunti] [uglybunti] [uglybunti]

Fall of Angmar
- lowered the amounts of starting troops
- moved thrall masters to avoid early triggering

A bigger news post will follow soon with a more detailed presentation of the submod. for now letme just give you the download links and let you enjoy yourselves.

English: Link
German: Link

Nicolas1603

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #37 am: 4. Aug 2018, 07:37 »
Hab mir die deutsche version runtergeladen und musste feststellen, dass plötzlich alles auf englisch ist. Habs dann mal mit der englischen version probiert und die sieht genau gleich aus. Auf den ersten blick ist also die deutsche und die englische version ident!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #38 am: 4. Aug 2018, 10:32 »
Ich denke ich weiß, was es verursacht hat. versuche es jetzt nochmal herunterzuladen, es sollte behoben sein. Ich kann es nicht sicher sagen, weil mein Spiel nicht auf Deutsch ist

Edi der 3te

• Pförtner von Bree
  • ...Stärker als Morgul-Macht...
« Antwort #39 am: 4. Aug 2018, 10:47 »
habe das selbe problem, sobald ich die submod downloade wird mein spiel auf englisch umgeschaltet...

Ushnot

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Die Amsel von Dol Amroth
« Antwort #40 am: 4. Aug 2018, 10:57 »
Dear creators of this submod,

I've downloaded the submod and put the .big-file in the correct folder according to the installation instructions (but there was no archive to open as mentioned in the description, just a big-file which can be opened with finalBIG, but there are many files inside instead of one).

Then I started Edain and the campaign, which began with witch-king voiceover, but nothing was to be seen (i.e. black screen). After three lines of the witch-king's speech the game just crashes. I've tried it several times now on different difficulty levels, but it always breaks off when the Witch-King mentions the mysterious troll warrior.

I hope you can help me with this problem, because I'd really like to see your improvements on the campaign.

Thank you in advance,

Ushnot

Edit: After reinstalling the whole game, everything works as intended; seems that a gamefile was corrupted or something like that. I look forward to playing the campaign and hope you'll consider doing the dwarven campaign at some point.

« Letzte Änderung: 5. Aug 2018, 09:42 von Ushnot »

"Nil sine magno vita labore dedit mortalibus." (Hor. serm. 1,9)

Bei Fragen zu Latein, Altgriechisch und den ägyptischen Sprachen sowie bei etymologischen Spitzfindigkeiten stehe ich gerne via PM zur Verfügung.

Mornen

• Verteidiger Morias
  • Sag nie alles was du weißt...
« Antwort #41 am: 4. Aug 2018, 16:33 »
Also bei mir klappt alles! xD

Wundervolle Arbeit, vielen Dank. Ich habe die ersten zwei Karten schon gespielt und es hat mir sehr viel Freude bereitet wie in den alten Tagen Angmar zu erobern. Ein paar Anmerkungen/Bugs/Vorschläge:

1. Karte: alles gut soweit ich das sehen konnte. Drauglin sowie die Gardisten(?) beim Gegenangriff kommen etwas plötzlich und ohne groß vorgestellt zu werden, aber alles in allem TOP! :)

2. Karte: auch hier wieder eine grandiose Arbeit. Allerdings werden die Ork-Köpfe bei mir nicht immer angerechnet. So kam ich gerade auf die 300 (250 heißt es im Intro, 300 bei der Aufgabe). Vielleicht kann man die Schädelhaufen noch ein bisschen markieren, damit man nicht erst zum Schluss die Aufgabe ließt und den ganzen Weg zurück laufen muss! ;) Außerdem traf die Verstärkung (die könnte man vllt etwas hinauszögern, die braucht ja nicht sofort kommen) so ein, dass ein Schneetroll und eine Horde Wölfe in den Bergen oben stecken blieb. Hier könnte man die Pfade einfach etwas nach unten setzten. Die beschworenen Schneetrolle erfüllten bei mir die Nebenaufgabe nicht ebenso wenig wie die zerstörten Orktürme (denen man bitte etwas weniger Lebenspunkte geben sollte [ugly]). Der Outro-Text ist nicht komplett zu sehen sondern links und rechts abgeschnitten (deutsche Sprachausgabe).

Vielen Dank! (**)

Tower Wars, Barad Dúr und vieles mehr bei
Mornens Maps

Rekudo93

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #42 am: 6. Aug 2018, 14:44 »
Zitat
Der Outro-Text ist nicht komplett zu sehen sondern links und rechts abgeschnitten (deutsche Sprachausgabe)
Das liegt an den Vp6 Dateien. Keine Ahnung ob dass im normalem AdHk auch so bei dir wäre.
An Edain SubMod

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.
- Albert Einstein

Die Tatsache, dass eine Meinung weit verbreitet ist, ist kein Beweis dafür, dass sie nicht völlig absurd ist.
- Bertrand Russell

Ar-Sakalthôr

• Galadhrim
  • Evil always finds a Way
« Antwort #43 am: 6. Aug 2018, 21:04 »
Erstmal grosses Lob and die Macher. Endlich mal Angmar Kapa wieder in Edain mit den Schicken neuen Designes spielen.
Ich bin sehr beeindruckt wie ihr die sache angegangen seit. Allerdings hab ich auch an ein paar dingen was zu meckern. :D
Dieses Feedback ist auf den Schwierigkeitsgrad LEICHT aufgebaut!

Allgemeines:
Ich finde die Schwierigkeitsgrade den umständen nach nicht umbedingt angepasst. Bei einigen Mission war der Schwierigkeitsfaktor um einiges schwerer als erwartet. Allerdings muss man sagen, dass es doch seinen Reiz hat. Die Vorposten und Siedlungen sind gut gesetzt und auch die "erneuerungen" sind gut gelungen.
Allerdings stört mich, dass bei gewissen Mission nicht die Helden auftauchen die man gerade bräuchte oder nötig währen.
Dazu aber später mehr.

Missionen:

Angmar:

Gundabad:

Rhudaur:

Amon Sul:

Auge des Dunklen Herrschers:

Hügelgräberhöhen:

Carn Dum

Hügelgräberhöhen 2

Fornost

Epilog

Reinigung Fornosts

Vernichtung Angmars:

Alles in allem eine gelungene Submod. Grosses Lob an die Macher und weiter so. Macht richtig viel Spass.

MfG
Ar-Sakalthôr

P.s: Die Kapa wird im Menü unter "Zwergen Kampagne" und der Epilog unter "Der Hobbit" betielt.
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Aug 2018, 21:09 von Ar-Sakalthôr »

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #44 am: 6. Aug 2018, 21:55 »

Danke für dein Feedback. Wir werden uns die genannten Punkte anschauen, aber so lange es kein Gameplay brechender Bug ist, wird er nicht bald gepatched. Der nächste Patch wird mit dem nächsten Update der Edain Mod sein.