Submods > An Edain Submod

Maps Making:

(1/2) > >>

Glorfindel23:
Hello everyone!

Interested by the maps conception of our Submod? Here you can follow the work progression of each maps that will be presented in our Submod.

Maps in work:
Minas Tirith map making
Hello everybody! I've started to rework entirely Minas Tirith, I will post pictures in the same time than I making the city to show my progression.

First, I began to rework the gate, I also made the vanilla walls models taller to transcribe the movie ambiance.

I began to work on new buildings models:

I also decided to remake the SignalFire, now it is higher in the city:

I decide to completely remake the mountains behind the city.

I also reworked the top (I don't put the ground textures for the moment)

I made new element model to be added to the basic wall.

Minas Tirith own in total 5 doors:
The main gate which is the stronger, and 4 others doors which protect the others levels.
For the balance of the game some levels have no door to protect them, like that the ennemy can reduce the plots control of the defender.

The defender will have in total 21 plots to construct buildings:
Level1 = 8 plots
Level2 = 6 plots
Level3 = 3 plots
Level4 = 2 plots
Level5 = 2 plots

It will also have two castle keep like in the old version of this map.
The first is placed in the second level which will allow to rapidly send heroes on the battlefield at the start of the game.
The second is the last building than the ennemy will have to destroy, he is placed to the top of the city and he is protected by a door.

Some pictures to show the different stairs and bridges.

Some pictures of the narrow streets of the city.

I made some buildings models to put on the wall of the city cause I doesn't like the old vanilla models.

I also made new model for trebuchet like that I can win space in the streets of the city.

Some pictures of the map advancement with new wall's buildings models:

Like the map own a lot of gondor decorative buildings, I decided to retexturized they GondorHouse owned by the player (I will make that in all my gondor fortress maps).

I placed civils and soldiers in the city to give life to the streets.
I decided to put some of them on the balconies. (The players can't select the soldiersn they will automatic attack the ennemie nearby units).

I finished the map_pic.tga (all the map's pictures will be released like that now).

I improved the throne room of Minas Tirith:

I created a new statue model for the entry of the city based on the movie statue.

I made new fountain model for the top of the city. You can also look the two statue imported to LotR RotK game.

Today I want to show the work of ThorinTheKing on the Trebuchet model for the walls of the City (this is just a preview the model is still in work):

Esgaroth map making
Hello everybody! I've started to rework entirely Esgaroth (LakeTown), I will post pictures in the same time than I making the city to show my progression.

First, I decide to make new models of bridges than I will put on the border of the city to give the impression that the city floats on the water.
I made that to correct my old version of this map because it was one of the default which distances my version from the Movies.

Like I posted before one member of the team made new buildings for the map:

This member also worked on a retexturation of all the vanilla buildings which aims to make them faithful to the movies like you can see in these pictures (the models and textures are not finish this is just a preview):

Today I working on some new models for the map, the main gate, the walls and the bridge:

I continue to make new models for the map:
The Bard's House than you can see in this picture will be a special building. At the start of the game the player will be able to recruit Bard only, but after unlocked one power in the spellbook the player will be able to recruit all the heroes of the Thorin compagny (I will explain later how they will work).

Moreover, I decided to make the selectable buildings like the Barracks, the Forge and all the others player's building with a different texture for the roof like that the player will be able to easely find his buildings.

I also made some new decorative elements like the docks which will be palced in some part of the city:

And, I worked on this model whose the goal will be to connect buildings over the water (just a decorative element).

Today I will show you the last players buildings than I made, you can see the armory, the workshop and the barracks on these pictures:

New decorative buildings:

I began to work on some decorative objects for the map like some clothes and pans for example.
I want to make something like in the movie with the markets/pantries under the houses like you can see on this extract: YouTube

I will so made some of them to make the city livelier.

ThorinTheKing made snow textures for the buildings of the city:
(I will probably soon work on the ground texture).

Link of the PDF

More to come...

Caras Galadhon map making
Hi everyone! I've started to rework entirely Caras Galadhon, the Galadriel and Celeborn kingdom. I will post pictures in the same time than I making the city to show my progression.

I want to make something more playable than my first version of this map... I so decided to remake entirely the map since the start.

I planned to change a lot of thing for this map but I will work in priority on two thing:
- A system which allow each players to click on a button to hide/show the leafs of the trees in the maps.
- A system more oriented on the life in the tree... I want than the Caras Galadhon player own a strategic defense based on the tree platforms (Sometime a lot of arrows can be more powerfull than big wall).
I must specify than the ennemy archers will be able to target the Lothlorien units in present in the trees.

I introduce now my work with a first previw picture of the Caras Galadhon citadel site (the global ambiance light will be changed after than I finish to put my objects on the map):

I also began to integrate the trees models than I made for the map in the past:

Like I said I currently working on the defence system of Caras Galadhon like you can see in theses pictures:

I decided to make the woodland more detailed adding grass to the ground (this is a new model, I hope the map will be not too difficult to load with it):

I decided to keep some old elements like the waterfall than you can see in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDxmm2TB5qM

The Halls of Thranduild map making
Hi everybody! I started to rework the conception of my map the Halls of Thranduil, I will post pictures in the same time than I making the map to show my progression.

Being not totally satisfied with the first version of my map "The Halls of Thranduil" I decided to start a new version of her now that I have made progress in the model and map making.
I will so as in my other map making articles, show you how I proceed to make this map step by step.

For this new version of the maps my objectives will be:
- Making the map closer to the mood of the movies
- Refresh my old models of mirkwood (except the gate and the jail, the other models need some rework)
- Add life to the map, not just a caverne without civilians. I will make something with habitations inside the mountain to resolve this problem but I will explain that to you later
- Polish the map cincerning the nature presence, The Halls of Thranduil are for the moment only composed by rock texture, I want to remove that and to add some vegetation inside the mountain as in the movie.

I start now with some picture of inspiration than I will use to make the map better:

Hidar map making
I remind that the map was like that the last time that I posted preview of her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=FgBmojdblfU
Thanks to "Tiamat EA" which allow me to use some of is textures and model I was in the ability to refresh my Harad models and to add some natural elements to the map like you can see on the following pictures.

I so added some palms, flowers and other vegetal elements:

I not only added vegetation on the ground but also on the building with some Hanging Gardens:

I just changed the texture with a dirt texture on a plate model that I created like that I just needed to put the plate on the roofs where I wanted to put my gardens.

Some fountains and object to add life to the map (I also increased the number of citizen which walk in the city).

To intensify the presence of the vegetation I added some mossy rocks randomly in the city.

You can also see the player building like the barracks, or the economy houses with their new retexturations.

Like in my map Cair Andros I decided to make a door model ready to be added to different buildings with WorldBuilder, like that I'm now able to make the soldiers entrance by amore realistic way.

Some pictures of the other parts of the map:

Link of the PDF

More to come...

Glorfindel23:
Hidar map making availible: https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35208.msg465562.html#msg465562

Tar-Palantir:
With building these new maps with all the new models you add the things I missed most in edain. I wasn't really aware of that till now that I see what's possible and how much feeling a map can make.

Hidar really looks like a city, all the proportions fit much better than in the original maps. With all the green it looks now even more realistic and I actually don't really want to play the sieger and destroy all this  :D
I just hope that it will all work well from gameplay-aspects.

I'm looking forward to see more  :)

Glorfindel23:

--- Zitat von: Tar-Palantir am 18. Feb 2018, 13:41 ---With building these new maps with all the new models you add the things I missed most in edain. I wasn't really aware of that till now that I see what's possible and how much feeling a map can make.

Hidar really looks like a city, all the proportions fit much better than in the original maps. With all the green it looks now even more realistic and I actually don't really want to play the sieger and destroy all this  :D
I just hope that it will all work well from gameplay-aspects.

I'm looking forward to see more  :)

--- Ende Zitat ---

Thank you! Concerning the gameplay we will try to make these maps the more enjoyable possible. I think the most difficult thing will be to update the size of the Siege tower and ladders.

In the hight maps like Minas Tirith we have still some camera problem but we search solutions ;)

Glorfindel23:
Ered Mithrin map making (updated): https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35208.msg465562.html#msg465562

Link of the PDF

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln