16. Apr 2024, 21:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Trebuchets, archers and walls  (Gelesen 1734 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Trebuchets, archers and walls
« am: 23. Feb 2018, 12:34 »
With the siege update that is comming, I think that some defensive options should be enhanced, I mean the units on the walls and the trebuchets upgrade have the same range as land units, I think that despite being unlogical, it's also unbalanced, in fact there were several times in a lot of castle map were the enemies trebuchets or archers can attacks the walls and stationned units without any risks of beeing attacked by the defences of the castle, the walls despite the defence they give to the defender avoiding ennemies to enter into the city also allow the defensive archers to fire their arrows in a longer range than they could on a landscape, I think that the walls should give a bonus to the units giving them longer range and that the trebuchets should have a bigger range too...

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Trebuchets, archers and walls
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Feb 2018, 20:19 »
I think mostly it answers to your question:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/edain-mod-45-siege

There should be another copy of this article also here on MU as it is usual concerning news.
As I understood, the units on the walls are now more protected and defensive catapults have an higher range than before, but an higher minimum range at the same time (it's logical that they are not suitable to strike units very close to the walls).