28. Mär 2024, 16:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New idea for troll cave, lairs etc.  (Gelesen 2144 mal)

mecburboyle

• Hobbit
New idea for troll cave, lairs etc.
« am: 25. Feb 2018, 01:08 »
Hello everyone,

My idea is caves and lairs don't give only gold. I think they give some uniqe stuff. For example: orcrist, glamdring (new weapon), slaves(new troops), some magic , maybe silmaril :p.

do you remember spears and shield in bfme1 for level up? all fans will be exciting for this

and next dream: mountain and river( build your flag on river and it give you magic) (or  your hero go to inside of mountain and it give you dead army)

especially sorry for my weak english

best regards

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: New idea for troll cave, lairs etc.
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Feb 2018, 02:38 »
Hello! Welcome to Modding Union :)

Well, the suggestion is undoubtedly atypical, even though I kind of see the reasons behind. Namely, lairs and caves are often as mysterious as they are dangerous, and it's thus no surprise that they may represent the perfect place where one can discover/retrieve old artefacts or heirlooms. There are several examples in literature and the very LOTR is not an exception either.

Only, I fear that suggestions of this typology would end up being very impractical, speaking about in-game mechanics. Because, set aside famous swords that belong to their respective heroes in the Mod (implemented as features), there would not be very much left to consider. And other options differing from gold could also be controversial for the holistic balance. Even more in regards to your latter proposal, which might fare well as a map-related feature.

P.S. I love those shields and spears from the original game. The item just reminds me of my BFME childhood. Lovely memory ;)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Feb 2018, 17:09 »
I'm not sure about having iconic weapons be a part of the lairs. Neither am I a fan of using slaves as part of an army. However, I like the idea of certain lairs (e.g. drake or wight) dropping a hero level up.

As for the ideas of rivers and mountains, maybe that could be a map specific bonus. Maybe not to the extent that you are saying, but certain terrains would have bonuses. For example, a swamp or frozen area could slow down units over it. This would be a lot of work for the team though so I doubt they'd want to do it at this point in time.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Feb 2018, 18:04 »
Yes, there is a lot of work that needs to be done and we must prioritise the development of spells, together with additional overhauls. Yet, I do think that placing some level bonuses for heroes could be interesting, provided that it is worth facing the relative hazard; and I too deem dragon lairs a suitable candidate.

If you have other ideas to propose, feel free to suggest different perils or enemies.

mecburboyle

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Feb 2018, 01:55 »
I'm not sure about having iconic weapons be a part of the lairs. Neither am I a fan of using slaves as part of an army. However, I like the idea of certain lairs (e.g. drake or wight) dropping a hero level up.

As for the ideas of rivers and mountains, maybe that could be a map specific bonus. Maybe not to the extent that you are saying, but certain terrains would have bonuses. For example, a swamp or frozen area could slow down units over it. This would be a lot of work for the team though so I doubt they'd want to do it at this point in time.

dear OakenShield224 I do not mean "slave" exactly. ı mean;

do you remember bfme1 campaign with sam on cirith ungol? you started campaign shelob home. you went on with sam. then find some guys under spider web. this guys not slave exactly. and ı mean them

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Feb 2018, 14:42 »
Should I choose between level bonuses for heroes and new troops (prisoners that need to be rescued), I think that the former would be the most plausible choice, and it would nonetheless render the mentioned cave/lair a more challenging option for all. Whereas, speaking about slaves as you meant, I find them a quite out-of-context feature; they could surely aid one's strategy in the early game, although I'm not sure at which extent and I wonder whether a few liberated troops are truly worth fighting for.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Feb 2018, 14:48 »
I think the level up reward could be an interesting idea, though it may need to be carefully balanced, I guess. It could give some more variety to the lairs system, which I think it's always good. As it would be a really good advantage, maybe it could only be on the higher-end lairs (Wights and Dragons, not sure if I would count Trolls because with Pikes they are not difficult to bring down), so the higher the risk is, the higher the reward becomes.

As for the river and mountain ideas, maybe that'd be good for map-specific stuff, but I'm not sure if something like that would work in the common gameplay.