28. Mär 2024, 18:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Durin VII The Last  (Gelesen 14245 mal)

Isildurs Fluch

• Gardist von Meduseld
Re: Durin VII The Last
« Antwort #15 am: 14. Jul 2018, 09:55 »
I´m of course in favor of this concept. I´m just wondering how Durin will fullfill his tasks. Haven´t found that part in the concept or I am just to dumb to see it. Are the runes the tasks? I´m confused...

We also wanted to make an overhaul of the ringheroes of Ered Luin and Iron Hills. I´ll probably open up a new thread soon, to reactivate this discussion  :)
Ersatz für die Elchreiter:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35514.0.html

Berittene Schützen für Imladris:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35515.0.html

Vielen Dank an CMG für Avatar und Banner...

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #16 am: 14. Jul 2018, 14:38 »
I´m of course in favor of this concept. I´m just wondering how Durin will fullfill his tasks. Haven´t found that part in the concept or I am just to dumb to see it. Are the runes the tasks? I´m confused...

We also wanted to make an overhaul of the ringheroes of Ered Luin and Iron Hills. I´ll probably open up a new thread soon, to reactivate this discussion  :)

Hey Isildur! how much time  xD. I'll put you in the green list, thank you for yor feedback  :)
 Exactly the Runes are themselves the tasks that out to be fulfilled ;).
Sure i'd be happy discuss about the other ring forms. Especially now that the team presented the new version of King Dain and Lord Dain, the concepts are to be discussed again!

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #17 am: 13. Aug 2018, 22:36 »

That's a wonderful thing to hear, because I'm certain some people will have quite a few things to say about Thorin Oakenshield and Lord Dáin  :D

But seriously, I don't understand why I didn't reply earlier. I have some ideas myself to make all Dwarven Ring heroes equally interesting. Of course I kept the thematic that the Edain Team chose for the battle-crazy young Dáin, and the greedy tendency beyond reason for Thorin. I hope to share my thoughts in a topic as soon as you post your ideas. After all, if you have access to insider information it would be best you started the debate.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 21. Jan 2019, 03:52 »
I am in favor of anything what takes the One ring away from King Dain's hand!  xD
Time inconsistency definitely isn't obstacle, especially in Edain. We can find it in every faction.
Much more problematic is when someone is in game out of character and generally it seems strange or doesn't fit. One thing is how the concept is playable, second thing is how the concept feels.
For instance I really like Thranduil's shield bubble, but doesn't feel right for him. For Celeborn or Glorfindel? Maybe. For battle mage like Gandalf? He already has shield bubble.  :P But definitely not for the king of the Wood elves, where magic isn't present like in Lothlorien or Imladris, thanks to rings of power.
The same case is for me old Dain using the One ring. 
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2019, 08:48 von Tiberius Ogden »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #19 am: 26. Jan 2019, 14:29 »
I am in favor of anything what takes the One ring away from King Dain's hand!  xD
Time inconsistency definitely isn't obstacle, especially in Edain. We can find it in every faction.
Much more problematic is when someone is in game out of character and generally it seems strange or doesn't fit. One thing is how the concept is playable, second thing is how the concept feels.
For instance I really like Thranduil's shield bubble, but doesn't feel right for him. For Celeborn or Glorfindel? Maybe. For battle mage like Gandalf? He already has shield bubble.  :P But definitely not for the king of the Wood elves, where magic isn't present like in Lothlorien or Imladris, thanks to rings of power.
The same case is for me old Dain using the One ring.

All right then, your name will be in the green list, Tiberius   8-)
I agree with you and also I add this consideration; As I just said multiple times: here, in this specific case, Durin VII is not just a revival character coming from the past, but an actual reincarnation of his forefather. We absolutely cannot say anything similar for other character like Eorl the young or Gil Gilad for example. The lore speak clearly about a return of Durin, and since Durin VII will be the last, it is probably the most similar reincarnation of Durin first. That's why I actually don't understand why we should compare him to other ancient character. It's a different case here.
 Also, we know that he ruled and lived during the fourth age, but we are not absolutely sure about his birthday. So, rather than inconsistency, I would speak about different lore interpretation :). Furthermore, being him an heir of Durin he has probably very long lifespan such that we cannot exclude he lived let's say from a bit before the end of the third age (see our timeline in the concept) to the end of fourth age. The lore says that he will guide his folk until the end of dwarven age.
By the way, the team will probably discuss this matter (I mean Dain ring system in general) before the 4.5, since I don't think they are going the let the Durin revolution incomplete. So, let's see  xD

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 10. Mär 2020, 22:18 »
It seems that it has been a long time the consept crafted. It provides a good implementation of needed dwarven ring mechanic. The path of Durin the Last is quite unique and fits the nature of him. Also he should be exist during the last days of 3rd age. The proposal fills what has been asked as seen in the favour list. No matter when or how it has been prepared, the great work like this deserves to be supported. Therefore, i am for it.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #21 am: 22. Mär 2020, 14:30 »
It seems that it has been a long time the consept crafted. It provides a good implementation of needed dwarven ring mechanic. The path of Durin the Last is quite unique and fits the nature of him. Also he should be exist during the last days of 3rd age. The proposal fills what has been asked as seen in the favour list. No matter when or how it has been prepared, the great work like this deserves to be supported. Therefore, i am for it.

Hi Tolgayurdal,

First of all thank you for your support. And yes, the concept start getting old: to be more precise, the discussion started even earlier than this thread was created, around may-june of 2017, in the Durin poll thread. So, the idea is almost three years old  [ugly]

The timeline is, as far as i can tell, the most debated part of this concept. The final decision of what to do with this proposal (or a part of it) is in ET's hands  :P

By the way, i will insert you in the green list  xD

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #22 am: 30. Mär 2020, 15:23 »
Nevermind guys, the idea was implemented. Cheers Aule, we did it friend! Thank you for all your contributions. Durin VII has returned to Edain Mod!
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Mai 2020, 08:13 von dkbluewizard2 »