28. Mär 2024, 11:52 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: War of the Ring Crashes  (Gelesen 3751 mal)

Chief

• Hobbit
War of the Ring Crashes
« am: 4. Mai 2018, 01:30 »
Hello, I am having a problem playing the War of the Ring mode in the Edain mod. Whenever I try to play a battle in real time, the game will crash after about 5-10 minutes and give me a "Runtime Error!" popup. Ordinary skirmishes work fine, and the game doesn't crash during War of the Ring mode if I only use quick-time battles, it only occurs during real-time. I would greatly appreciate any help with this, this mod is extremely fun, but it's hard to get into it as much when I can only play skirmishes.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: War of the Ring Crashes
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Mai 2018, 02:00 »
Hello. First of all, welcome to Modding Union :)

As for your help request, I cannot go very deep into the details of the game error, due also to my limited technical knowledge, but, as far as I know, the War of the Ring mode has always been quite buggy from the start. A very complicated matter to deal with, and you're not the first who encounters similar problems pertaining to the feature.

There are two major reasons for the actual (quite sorry) state of the said mode: the feature itself is hard-coded and therefore not so much modifiable to the fullest in all its extensions, and, adding to that, it's not really the priority of developers at the moment or a project which is worth spending more energy in than it is due. If you have already taken time to look at the official news statements, you've surely read that time is quite limited and the very internal team (and the Mod as a whole, naturally) have recently gone through very impacting changes. All the focus is now on finishing the two spellbooks left and eventually bringing the entire 4.5 overhaul to a satisfying conclusion. Paying further attention on the War of the Ring mode would mean even less time available and, trust me, with the pending tasks related to the 4.5 patch and the future Misty Mountains faction, there is still a lot of work to do.

Moreover, bear in mind that such game mode has never been something of the foremost importance from the beginning. Skirmishes do play a preponderant role in the game and, more so, multiplayer battles. I don't honestly know when or whether there will be other new things planned for War of the Ring games; though, considering the aforementioned problematics, one could probably foretell that it won't be in the very near future.

I hope I've clarified your doubts.

Chief

• Hobbit
Re: War of the Ring Crashes
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Mai 2018, 02:36 »
Ah, I understand. Thank you for the response!