[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Angmar Suggestions

Rogash Model Change

(1/4) > >>

The_Necromancer0:
After a lot of poking around in the game files for various reason I stumbled one day on another version of Rogash, dubbed Rogash_New, which happened to have a much higher resolution model than the current Rogash. The only inconvenient was that this model used the CAH troll animation (it was basically the CAH troll). Which where fine when the troll wield a hammer, club or tree trunk but I found unfitting of a "troll that fights like a trained swordsmen". So gathering my meager modelling experience I rigged the Rogash animation onto that troll.

My suggestion is to replace the current rogash model with the edited one. It's quite an improvement on the current rogash (in my opinion at least).

I'm not completely done with it, I just need to fix a couple clipping issues due to the bigger shoulder pads but apart from that I think the model looks good like that. It's just the Troll CAH's snow gear scaled up with Rogash's Animation. I'm not sure what method the Team would prefer to get the files, if they do want them, so if the Team is interested I can send the edited model.

Latest version of the edited model

Animations shown on an old version of the edited model.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POy7Lh-DHIA

AulëTheSmith:
Well Necro, there's no other thing i can say rather than you have all my admiration and respect for the rigging work you did on the new model. With all the respect i have for the team's work i must say i like more the snow cah troll, especially because of face details.
One thing only i prefer of the current rogash: even though it's in lower resolution, i deem more fitting a darker armor like the one of the actual model. What about making the armor less shiny and more dark? than it would be perfect for me  ;)

Walküre:
Quite the same opinion as Aulë's stance on the model. Your effort is really laudable, Necro, but I would nonetheless stick to the current rendition. It's a kind of pattern that I often noticed in regards to older models/art (my personal view): notwithstanding a newer model's higher quality, some old pieces retain that appropriate touch or feeling that makes them overall fitter for the context, though ridiculous this might sound. In this precise case, the current art does give that foul, menacing, ghoulish and sinister feeling that one needs for the situation. Of course, if there's going to be interesting improvements of your proposal, I'll be more than willing to change idea :)

The_Necromancer0:
I can only agree with you both. I cannot describe why but it is true that the current model has a certain touch that makes it feel more defined. However, that is beyond my skill, the model needs to be relit and shaded more properly, much like what has been done for the ROTWK HD edition rogash. My edit is but a pale copy of the titanic work that was done by Mathjis

It is key to note however, that the picture on the left, in addition to not containing any of the hand made shading, does not contain any of the shading that the game will generate so the model could be slightly different in game. I will try to see if I can add it in game to see how they compare. I am also thinking of scaling up the armbands since they still feel small.

The_Necromancer0:
I did manage to remove the artificial lighting that was being added in the program I use, and I believe the screenshot below is a more exact view of what Rogash would look like in game. His armor is not as bright anymore. I've also added a short video in the original post showing the animations.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln