28. Mär 2024, 20:42 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

poll

Option 1
0 (0%)
Option 2
0 (0%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 0

Autor Thema: Folks of Middle Earth  (Gelesen 12236 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Folks of Middle Earth
« am: 10. Mai 2018, 10:40 »
For the birth of this mod I will explain what do i plan to do; Edain team said that they where able to add only twoo new factions playable by the AI and that they won't add more factions because they wanted that the AI can play them. I will make new factions that only the hhuman player will be able to play and with this i won't be limited with the AI.

Folks of Middle-Earth

Projected factions

Khazad-Dum expedition:

After Durin's Bane caused the abandonment of Moria by the Dwarves and its occupation by Orcs of the Misty Mountains, only Thrór and Nár are known to consider entering it. Thrór was murdered as he entered the East-gate of Moria, leading to the War of the Dwarves and Orcs. Even after the end of the War, many Dwarves refused to reclaim Moria, partially because of the Durin's Bane.Years later however, the Dwarves managed to reclaim the Lonely Mountain.

Though the riches of Erebor had made the Dwarves prosperous again, a strange darkness rose amongst the people of Erebor, and rumor grew of even greater wealth elsewhere. Chiefly among these grew that Durin’s folk now had the strength and numbers to return Khazad-dûm, which Balin and many others had decided to journey to. Despite King Dáin Ironfoot’s advice against their plan, he gave leave of Balin and his followers to take the expedition in T.A. 2989. They had hoped to regain the treasures of Moria, and Balin had also hoped to find the Ring of Thrór, which was assumed to have been lost with Thrór (in reality Thrór had given the Ring to his son, Thráin, before his fateful quest to retake his kingdom).

Dale:

The death of Smaug and the Battle of Five Armies occurred in 2941. Three years after the battle, Dale was rebuilt by Bard the Bowman, who had killed the dragon and was the descendant of Girion. Dale soon again enjoyed prosperity: Bard founded the Kingdom of Dale and it gathered men from the Long Lake, the South, and the West. Lake-town was rebuilt and grew wealthy from traffic with Dale. Its people became known as Bardings, after their new ruler.

During the reign of King Brand, the grandson of Bard the Bowman, Dale served as the capital for the lands he ruled, which extended far south and east of Lake-town. However, as Glóin revealed at the Council of Elrond, in 3017 a messenger from Mordor came to ask King Dáin Ironfoot at the gate to the Lonely Mountain for news of Hobbits and to ask for Bilbo'sring. Messengers had also come to King Brand and there were enemies gathering upon the Kingdom of Dale's eastern borders.

During the War of the Ring, the Easterlings crossed the border and moved to attack the city. On 17 March 3019 the Battle of Dale began. Not able to hold back the Easterlings the Bardings and their allies, the Dwarves of Erebor, retreated into the the Lonely Mountain, but lost Kings Brand and Dáin Ironfoot who were both slain at the Gate of Erebor. For seven days the Men and Dwarves barricaded themselves in Erebor until news came from the south of the defeat of Sauron. The new kings of Dale and Erebor (Bard II and Thorin III Stonehelm), broke the siege and chased the Easterlings out of Dale. After the siege, the Bardings rebuilt Dale, with the help of the Dwarves.

Dunland:

Dunland was a part of Enedwaith east of the North-South Road, well south of the Glanduin and north of the Isen. It was a foothill region that fronted the western slopes of the southern Misty Mountains. Far from the centers of population of Arnor and Gondor, its inhabitants at times included the Men known as Dunlendings as well as wandering Hobbits and Dwarves.

Dunland was a fair, fertile land. By the end of the Third Age being neither prosperous or civilised, it was sparsely inhabited by unorganised herdsmen and hillmen.

Saruman evidently convinced the Dunlendings that they could reclaim what had been taken, and during the early part of TA 3019, a fearsome raiding force comprising Dunlendings, Orcs and Uruk-hai left Isengard and began ravaging the western settlements of Rohan. Previous attacks by Orcs and Uruk-hai had killed many Rohirrim at the Fords of Isen, so there were no warriors to defend against the surprise attack.

Many people of Rohan were killed in these attacks, but the raiders never made it across the country to Edoras; it is fair to assume that they encountered one or more Éoreds, companies of mounted warriors, who would have been patrolling the interior. After the defeat of Isengard at the Battle of the Hornburg, the Rohirrim spared the surviving Dunlendings and used them as workmen to repair the broken walls of the Hornburg.

Harad:

For many centuries of the Third Age, many Haradrim were still ruled by Black Númenórean Lords, or further north by the Kings of Gondor. Ultimately the Harad fell under the influence of Mordor for much of the Age.

Near Harad later formed an alliance—or maybe even a coalition of some sort—with the Corsairs of Umbar, and was involved in a series of continual battles with Gondor over South Gondor or Harondor. Anciently its northern border was held to be the river Harnen, but by the time of the War of the Ring all the land south of the river Poros was under the influence of the Haradrim.

After the union and rebuilding of Gondor and Arnor in the Fourth Age, the new Reunited Kingdom conquered Harondor and much of Harad's western coast, though Harad's eastern lands remained independent.

Rhun:

Rhûn was known for numerous fighting forces, nearly spelling the doom of Gondor and almost heralding Sauron's complete victory over the entirety of Middle-earth. (See the article entitled "Easterlings" for a more complete digest of their military structure.)

Although not much is known of how the Easterling army is composed there are a few things to be learned.

The main weapon of the infantry of Rhûn that marched upon Gondor seemed to be the spear although there were reports of short, swarthy men wielding axes during Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

However, they are not all footmen. In the books, they are described as having bowmen upon horses and then they are described as companies of horsemen. Both the Wainriders and the Balcoth also used chariots. These were supremely effective in the flat no-man's lands that characterized much of Rhovanion in the wide corridor between the southern eaves of Mirkwood and the northern flanks of Mordor, routing and destroying the armies of Gondor under King Narmacil II in the Battle of the Plains. They were to take a considerable toll on the Eotheod as well.

Dorwinion:

The peoples of Dorwinion are divided between Elves and Men. The Elves are few, but with their affinity for nature have become the wealthy of the land. Despite this, the aristocracy of Dorwinion is formed by the Men. This is due to Man's eagerness to fight, as opposed to the Elven interests in peace. Despite this divide, the Men, regardless of their power, are jealous of the Elven wealth flowing from the vineyards and trade routes.

In the Vinter-court, the Wine Regent (comparative to a king in other realms) oversees a large council. Many of the nobles are Men, as they don't wish to see Elves in their place of power. The Wine Regent only wishes to maintain peace and the flourishing of commerce. This is made more difficult as the nobles push Dorwinion to the brink of war.

On the outskirts of the realm, peoples from across Rhûn are migrating over the border. Though many of these are refugees from wars in the east, there is also a coordinated effort to overwhelm the people of Dorwinion and make the land a puppet of the Easterlings, bringing them into the coming fight against Dale. In this tense atmosphere, the Wine Regent is having an even harder time keeping the peace.

« Letzte Änderung: 12. Mai 2018, 14:47 von lord_ellessar »

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Folks of Middle Earth
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Mai 2018, 02:27 »
An excellent faction list Lord_ellessar. I like the summaries of each as well.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Mai 2018, 10:00 »
Great summary, but I ahve to add some thing:
Before Edain I was part of the "Shire-Mod", which created the Shire and the invading wildlings (with saruman as main hero) as new factions. :P
I personally would also add following factions as possibilities:

Shire
The fiefdoms
Dunedain
Khand
And just for the memes and in memory of the good old times: The flies of the dead marshes

Of course there are some smaller countries like Umbar (you already named them), which were not be big enough for an own faction, but could be part of a faction in combination with some other folks.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Mai 2018, 10:19 »
Zitat
Great summary, but I ahve to add some thing:

Thanks ^^

Zitat
Shire

Shire may have a place into the faction list ;)

Zitat
The fiefdoms

I've never seen the Fiefdoms as a faction on itself but i will add more units from them through the beacon and Dol Amroth will enable you to recruit standard units of Dol Amroth ;)

Zitat
Dunedain

I think they would have a to little importance, i think they have not enough potential :P

Zitat
Khand

it will be a part of Rhun :)

Zitat
And just for the memes and in memory of the good old times: The flies of the dead marshes

OF COURSE ! XD

Zitat
Of course there are some smaller countries like Umbar (you already named them), which were not be big enough for an own faction, but could be part of a faction in combination with some other folks.

Umbar will be a part of Harad ;)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Mai 2018, 10:37 »
Actually the fiefdoms are a rather big force to reckon with. I think you can compare them to Harad/Rhun:
Both belong to another faction (Gondor/Mordor), but also have many design differences and offer enough for a whole faction. They would actually be good counterparts to each other:
Gondor vs Mordor
Dwarves/Elves vs Goblins
Angmar vs Arnor
Isengard vs Rohan
Fiefdoms vs Evil Men

Ia lso think that the fiefdoms are a stronger and more important force than the Dunlendings on their own.
In the books 90% of Saruman's army were dunlendings, while the Uruks were actually just a small part. The fiefdoms also played a big part in Gondor's army, but it wasn't as big as with Isengard. That's why I think that dunlendings are a very important part in the Isengard army.^^

The dunedain on the other hand are very important, if you have read the books. They basically defended all the northern cities (like Bree) and the Shire against all the evil. Of course they were few in numbers, but saying they were not important is just wrong. In the council of Elrond Aragorn said a few things about that.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #5 am: 13. Mai 2018, 16:07 »
Zitat
Actually the fiefdoms are a rather big force to reckon with. I think you can compare them to Harad/Rhun:
Both belong to another faction (Gondor/Mordor), but also have many design differences and offer enough for a whole faction. They would actually be good counterparts to each other:
Gondor vs Mordor
Dwarves/Elves vs Goblins
Angmar vs Arnor
Isengard vs Rohan
Fiefdoms vs Evil Men

Ia lso think that the fiefdoms are a stronger and more important force than the Dunlendings on their own.
In the books 90% of Saruman's army were dunlendings, while the Uruks were actually just a small part. The fiefdoms also played a big part in Gondor's army, but it wasn't as big as with Isengard. That's why I think that dunlendings are a very important part in the Isengard army.^^

mmh i don't know, really I never saw them really as a faction on their own :/ but well maybe, why not ... the list will probably change during the time i'm working on.

Zitat
The dunedain on the other hand are very important, if you have read the books. They basically defended all the northern cities (like Bree) and the Shire against all the evil. Of course they were few in numbers, but saying they were not important is just wrong. In the council of Elrond Aragorn said a few things about that.

as for the fiefs, i may add the Dunedains later but the Priority will be the ones i putted on the list :P

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Mai 2018, 15:22 »
Bladorthin Paladin of Dorwinion

Tasked with guarding the tomb of King Bladorthin, these soldiers are the best lancers in all of Dorwinion, and will not hesitate to fight to protect the lands and the tomb of the king himself.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Mai 2018, 18:19 »
Sun Soldiers

Zitat
The backbone of the Khandish hosts are steady warriors, as skilled at fighting on horseback as they are at fighting on foot.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Mai 2018, 06:51 »
Morwë & Nurwë

Zitat
Nurwë was one of the leaders of the Avari, along with Morwë, those of the Elves who refused the summons of Oromë. He also is the most prosperous merchant in all Dorwinion. He controls around half the vineyards in the land and as a result is quite influential.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jun 2018, 10:47 von lord_ellessar »

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #9 am: 2. Jun 2018, 10:48 »
Fire Thrower

Zitat
The Fire-Throwers are used as the equivalent of a siege ram by the people of Dorwinion, being able to cast such a devastating flame that it can bring doors down as well as soldiers, turning them into ashes.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #10 am: 3. Jun 2018, 00:01 »
Zitat
I have to say that I dont like this model, it more looks like bottle rack than a fearsome battle machine :\ I suggest you to improve the model, I think you can add to this:

-a defensive 'roof' to protect the container with drawings of dragon wings on the sides, and the glorious dorwinion banners on top (the roof should be look fine if it will be colored with purple and white colors)

-On the front of the machine you can also add Dorwinion shields as the decoration

-And on the end of the barrel you can add dragon head

-add the shiny metalic hoops to the container to make model more complex

-you can also try to enlarge the wheels

I think it would be look a lot better if you will do something like this, but its your decision

sugestions from Mateusz

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 3. Jun 2018, 02:41 »
Well Mateusz is kinda right in this regard when it comes to looking like a giant bottle--but that fits the wine kingdom doesn't it?

I think after reading Mateusz has a point. If you have ever played assassins creed (which I don't but I found a cool pic of a fire siphon on that game) you may want to try and model it off of that.

I am actually content either way, but it could look better IMHO.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Mateusz707

• Hobbit
« Antwort #12 am: 3. Jun 2018, 10:12 »
I would like to say that it wouldnt be a problem for me if the model will stay as it is today, its just a sugesstion from me about the model improvements. My goal is to tell you what I dont like in this model,  but I already sent you that in private message on moddb  :)

Mateusz707

• Hobbit
« Antwort #13 am: 3. Jun 2018, 10:15 »
You mean that pic?q=fire+siphon+assassin+creed&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwid_dqghrfbAhWJL1AKHU1nCN0Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=588#imgrc=s0pmYDMWJWzCUM:

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #14 am: 3. Jun 2018, 15:28 »
indeed you sent me a message :)

some of your suggestions could be an upgrades for it ;)