28. Mär 2024, 22:35 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Disable siege  (Gelesen 2291 mal)

Elladin

• Hobbit
Disable siege
« am: 11. Mai 2018, 17:22 »
Hey everyone,

First off, let me say how much I love this mod, it's simply amazing and really well put together!

The thing I would like, is to be able to disable siege, more specific the catapults etc., so the AI won't build them.

I've read somewhere else I should be able to type it into the .ini files, but I can't seem to locate the correct one, though I did find the correct folders.

I hope someone can help me :)

Thank you in advance!

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Disable siege
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Mai 2019, 20:30 »
Hi Elladin,

I am not too sure how to disable siege, as I am only beginning to self teach myself modding, but I have increased the cost of siege so much that they are never created - which results in the same outcome.

Each siege unit has its own .ini file in the edain mod, so there are several .ini files you must alter. I will list them below for you to make it easier for you to copy and paste to search/find/alter. I changed the command limit of all siege units to 90000 so they cannot be made.

GONDOR SIEGE
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\men\trebuchet.ini
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\gondor\gondorbatteringram.ini

ROHAN SIEGE
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\rohan\rohantrebuchet.ini
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\rohan\rohanbatteringram.ini

LORIEN SIEGE 
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\lothlorien\lothlorienflinkbaum.ini
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\lothlorien\lothlorienbaumbard.ini (Treebeard)
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\ents\entsinfantry.ini

IMLADRIS SIEGE
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\imladris\dunedainbatteringram.ini
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\imladris\imladriscatapult.ini

DWARVES SIEGE
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\dwarven\catapult.ini
data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\dwarven\dwarvenram.ini (Demolisher)

MORDOR SIEGE
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\mordor\catapult.ini
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\mordor\mordortrollcatapult.ini

ISENGARD SIEGE
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\isengard\batteringram.ini
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\isengard\ballista.ini

ANGMAR SIEGE
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\angmar\batteringram.ini
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\angmar\angmartrollsling.ini

Just go to each .ini file I have listed above, type Ctrl + F, which will bring up the search bar, and type in 'CommandPoints' then hit enter. Each time you hit enter, it will automatically take you to any section that lists 'CommandPoints'. Adjust the amount to something high, like 90000 and neither the AI or yourself will be able to make them. (I did try changing the cost of resources, and found the AI would save up for it - so best to just change the commandpoint cost instead).

Example: CommandPoints = 90000 ;COMMAND_POINTS_CATAPULT

Hope this helps you! :-)

Elladin

• Hobbit
Re: Disable siege
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Okt 2019, 21:01 »
Hey dude,

thank you so much for your answer, after a week I didn't revisit the forum and now that I started the game up again I saw your reply!!

I have been going through the files and I don't seem to have a data/ini file anywhere.. Is it possible they changed this since your reply?

The only .ini file I could find containing something similiar was the _edain_data - would that suffice?