28. Mär 2024, 22:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar Spellbook: Your Feedback  (Gelesen 1909 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Angmar Spellbook: Your Feedback
« am: 16. Aug 2018, 21:50 »
Let us know what you think about the new Angmar spellbook here!
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Aug 2018, 21:56 von Lord of Mordor »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Angmar Spellbook: Your Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Aug 2018, 22:42 »
You've managed to make my favourite faction in the Edain mod even better. I love this update! I have a couple of questions though:
 - How strong are the summoned orcs by the new thrall masters? Are they about the same as the thrall Gundabad orcs or are they about the same as the Orcs of Mount Gram?
 - How balanced is the new Strongehold of the Iron Crown? It seems to make a siege almost impossible for those 30 seconds, never mind the other bonuses from the ability.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Aug 2018, 22:46 »
The summoned orcs have the stats of Gondor Soldiers but are only 10 instead of 15 per battalion. This equals approximately the strength of Mordor Orcs.

The spell is supposed to give the Angmar player time to turn the game around.

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Aug 2018, 03:14 »
I was very excited to read this and I was not disappointed.

I do wonder: Are Lv.1 Turncloaks affected by the Train Allies ability of custom heroes?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Aug 2018, 12:24 »
Thanks for mentioning it. It is fixed now.

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Sep 2018, 21:03 »
Aw yeah! Angmar spellbook inbound!

I am pleasantly surprised by the new spells, although the structure as a whole was quite predictable. What I like most is how some spells managed to find a place in new conceptualisations so that the Spell Book as a whole remains familiar. Especially the Stronghold of the Witch-King now seems very versatile and fits an active spell better.

What I like least are the Turncoats. In terms of gameplay it definitely is a unique summon. But I really wonder what source is used that mentions Dúnedain traitors fighting for the Witch-King, because I find it hard to believe that such noble soldiers (as Rangers and Palantir Guards undoubtedly are) would turn so easily. On top of that I find their look not very convincingly corrupted; their Arnorian armour is too present still and they do not look battle-hardened. More so, I would like to know how such a powerful resource-steal was included in their passive ability, as it suggests that the Turncoats are in it for the money. If such traitors existed I would believe that the truest corruption of Men comes in the shape of a promise of immortality, which they are denied throughout their entire history second to the Firstborn. Of course you don't want to confuse their motives with those of the Men of Carn Dûm, but I prefer to see a different 'background story'