28. Mär 2024, 17:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Strengthening of faction leaders  (Gelesen 6909 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Strengthening of faction leaders
« Antwort #30 am: 24. Sep 2018, 00:38 »
To be honest I'm rather glad that skill is gone, as it was quite basic, and just meant another of their heroes skipped some effort, and snowballed more effectively.

Exactly. 'Generic' is the most appropriate adjective, until your heroes would fully level up and then such option be rendered ultimately quasi-useless.

Besides, I believe that Elrond's design is already more or less solid and complete. It's therefore the main reason why any possible other change does not really excite me that much; the said scholar-like (hero-supporter-type) trait is, in my opinion, explored through restoration. I mean, I don't feel that he's in dire need of a new ability, given his consistent characterisation. Very consistent. Nevertheless, coming up with something more creative than the usual mount and retaining the very mount at the same time would be equally nice to see.

I thus suggest someone among the participants in the debate open a new thread in the Imladris board, explaining clearly how the ability should work and all the related arguments backing the point. This topic is getting bigger and denser day after day; it was also started with another more global (general) goal in mind. I fear that a too vast discussion might thereby create a bit of confusion.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #31 am: 25. Sep 2018, 18:01 »
I agree with what you're saying about Elrond being a "complete" hero. With the experience and hero support ideas, I'm just throwing ideas out that others might be interested in. If I had to change one thing about Elrond, it would be to slightly improve his level 10 ability, either by making it affect a larger area, having it do more damage, or having an extra bonus of improving allied armour against arrows.

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • #teamfish
« Antwort #32 am: 27. Sep 2018, 17:57 »
So hello again!
First to Erlond: I am also very glad that his ability of giving heroes experience is gone.

Greetings
Smeargollum

"What if the real balance was the friends we made along the way?"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #33 am: 28. Sep 2018, 13:57 »
You're absolutely free to open a new thread, whether other people agree with you or not :)

Since the general discussion was more and more leaning towards the Lord of Imladris, I thought it would be better to move the topic in the proper board, either through opening an own thread or posting the proposed concept in the Brief Suggestions thread regarding Rivendell. Just this. The final decision depends on you, based on what you feel like presenting to the public forum. If it's a quite long, complete concept, then you might need a new topic; otherwise, a brief suggestion will do fine.