28. Mär 2024, 18:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Isengard Might must be diminished{Suggestion}  (Gelesen 2220 mal)

Vanyalanthiriel

• Hobbit
A quick Summary, I may post more detailed insight regarding each unit or power.

A couple of suggestions regarding Isengard Faction. I have had the toughest battles,clashes and duels with End-Game fully upgraded Isengard faction. If player knows what he/she is doing ,in particular with the One-Ring they are indeed nigh invulnerable, Almost impossible to defeat even if you throw every single power,armies and heroes with their special abilities. Now before possibly common reply: " Do not allow them progress that far" Yes I partially agree,but the joy is to fight End game factions.

The Isengard has Unmatched Economy,Siege weapons and Infantry. They can counter any threat plus they do have strength in numbers as well.

Take for instance Imladris army, they are on paper the most powerful, Veterans of the Last Alliance for example or other units, but there are five of them only.

Isengard comes with 15, immense power,durability,protection against arrows,speed and other bonuses such is that Double armour from special building and Saruman with one ring and others.

For example. Uruk hai-Pikmen-Crossbows- all protected with shields,backed up with Balistae and wargs, captians nothing stands against them.With all upgrades and worst of all numbers.

There must be a difference between very challenging game-play and struggling against seemingly unstoppable overpowered force.

Fully upgraded Isengard in my sincere opinion has virtually no weakness at all. Their crossbowmen can penetrate with ease, Wargs are super fast and strong answer to other cavalry,archers or machines.

More than enough heroes, especially Scouts and Lurtz is a cunning combo when used properly. There are certain factions that stand zero chance vs Isengard, such is Rohan, their cavalry gets smashed ,hacked and cleaved in pieces, Pikeman are possibly best units to eradicate mounted units.

Powers as well. Mines,Additional temporary Army. You did incredibly well with Isengard overall. I truly appreciate your hard work, but judging from experience and overall outlook: The end game Isengard should be nerfed.

The only minor weakness I find is their heroes compared to others, they are not the most powerful tier, but more than enough to cause chaos compared with other features.

My suggestion: The reduction of their infantry size from 15-10 or reduction to Health pool,armour bonuses and damage potential.

Thanks kindly for reading :)

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
Re: The Isengard Might must be diminished{Suggestion}
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Aug 2018, 18:00 »
Hi,
first of all: If you Play with ring-heroes, there is no balance any more.
And I think you are rigth, when you say a late game Isengard is very strong, as it should be. And even if you say you just want to figth army vs. army ( no harassing/ baserushing), I think there are some faktions that can beat an Isengard lg-army.

Imladris:
A fully upgreaded Imladris army with high leveled heroes (twinns, Glorfindel, Cirdan, Elrond) can beat Isendard. When you use youre archers (mainly Lindon) to kill his berserkers, the rest of his army will get slaughtered by youre elitinfantery (imadris powers are stronger than Isendards).

Erebor:
An Erebor-army in the lg with Dain, Gimli and Thorin and many arkenguardes ( mixed up with one or two guardians because of the war masks and some pikes) supported by some axthrowers (to target the berserkers) can kill Isengard, if played well.

Mordor:
I think a Mordor lg army with all the Cirith-Ungol units, the dark marshall, the shadowlord, the Mouth of sauron, Gothmog,  Khamul, Gorthauer, castellans, some trolls and many orks can beat Isengard, mainly because of the debuffs from the Nazgul and the Cirith-Ungol archers and Gorthauer.

Zitat
The Isengard has Unmatched Economy
Well, Isengard has no walls around his castel, so you can easily come in and kill a few Buildings with youre cav or Monsters (trolls or werwolves). And a lg Isengard often dosn´t go for warges, so you can grab the map.

Zitat
The only minor weakness I find is their heroes compared to others

Isengards heroes are great. Lurtz and Ugluk are super powerfull supporters and fighters, Grima has a very strong debuff (-20% armor and Damage) and Saruman, well, is Saruman. The most powerfull mass-slayer in the game and because of Isengards strong eco it´s not automaticly gg if you loose him.

Zitat
but there are five of them only. ...Isengard comes with 15
I do not really understand what you mean with this.
The number of soldiers in a battalion says Nothing About theire power. Imladris swordsmen for example have five soldiers in one battalion. Carn-Dum swordsmen have ten, but they are not two times stronger than the Imladris ones.

So, I hope this will help you!
greetings
Seleukos I.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Aug 2018, 18:04 von Seleukos I. »

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Aug 2018, 21:36 »
With Angmar you can beat Isengart with full upgraded pikes + arrows + heroes. Zaphragor (especially lvl 10 but also before) and Witchking (and also with Witchkings Ability on Zaphragor) together with the windspell from the Spellbook can do enormous damage to isengarts army. If you don't have the wind spell you can stun the enemy's army pretty easy with Helegwen.
Rogash can also do really high damage to the army if he doesn't run into the enemy's pikes.

Lorien only needs Galathrim with Silverthorn and Mirkwood Palace Guards together with heroes.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Aug 2018, 11:29 »
Well, Halberad I think Isengard can counter this archer-focused tactics quite easy with shieldbearers. You can combine them with crossbowmen and kill the pikes (you will only very little damage from the archers) and than you can trample the rest with warges. I know Angmar heroes are strong, but without any untis nearby you should be able to kill them.
Alternatively you can just spamm berserkers (20-30). The archers all will shoot at the first berserker, he will die instandly but many arrowes will only hit the ground. So the Lorien/Angmar Player has to micro his archers very well to kill as many berserkers as he can. If the micro of of the Lorien/Angmar player isn´t perfect some berserkers will reach his army and get some hits. (I've never tested this secend strategy but in theory it sounds good^^).

I personally, as Isengard, would go for shieldbearers (against sutch a archerfocused strategy).

I hope this post isn't to confusing.
greetings
Seleukos I.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Aug 2018, 15:57 von Seleukos I. »