28. Mär 2024, 20:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mordor Witchking, new ideas  (Gelesen 3041 mal)

angmar

• Hobbit
Mordor Witchking, new ideas
« am: 31. Aug 2018, 11:57 »
Hello, I have a new idea for improve ther mordor Witchking.
First: Change the three stances for two: Mace and sword/ only sword. When the Witchking stay with mace and sword he has area damage as now But if he change for only sword he lose area damage and increases his damage against heroes.
Second: Abilities.
1) Mount: As now.
2) Visage of the Witchking: As now with the leadership ability but if you click on the button the Witchking screams, paralyzing enemies and increasing his debuff +15%.
3) Wrath of the Witchking: This ability is as gandalf´s lightning sword but with red lightning.
4) Morgul steel (Active and passive ability): When the Witchking stays in the stance: sword, his attack poison enemies. Active: if the unit under attack dies, he will become a lesser wraith.
5) Terrifying malice: As now but It adds damage to the target or structure.if he hits the gate of the citadel it opens.
Sorry for my english and thank you for read me and for your amazing mod

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
Re: Mordor Witchking, new ideas
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Aug 2018, 17:48 »
First up, I myself would like a new Witch-King system as well.

But I personally don't like yours very much. It's a bit short, firstly, and secondly the abilities are not very exciting/special in my opinion.

What I like are the two Stances, although I would make that only available in his form as Lord of Minas Morgul, because  only then he was actually using a mace, both in book and film.
Now to the abilities:
1) ...
2) I don't know exactly how I should look at this: Either from the Lore-perspective:
Yes, Witch-King could screech, or temporarily paralyze his enemies, or make them flee.
Or from the perspective of Edain 4.4.1, where this ability probably is op, especially the debuff does not Need to increase, since the enemies already can't do anything. But other than that, this ability is quite good, and it makes good use of the Slots.

3) This is the ability I dislike the most. Neither in the book nor in the movies he ever uses lightning. And if I remember correctly, Mouth of Sauron already has this ability, and I think it fits him better. I would Change this ability to the following:

Ghost form (as it is right now), and on the horse either
a) "Ringhunter", which makes him and Nazgul near him faster and do more damage;
or
b) Black breath, where he actively poisons enemys near him for a short amount of time. This would fit well with ghost form, as both abilities make him survive longer.

4) That ability has a little Problem, in my opinion: The Witch-King uses a Morgul Dagger, not a Morgul Sword. That means, I would only give him the active ability (I think he already has it), and interchange it with 3), so that it is earlier.

Then his "Morgul Lord" upgrade, after which he gets the different stances.

5) That is (by the Standards of 4.4.1, not in my opinion) already overpowered without doing any damage. But the thing with the gate is nice, since he helps destroy the gate of Gondor. Only Problem is, that Khamuls ability "Threat of the Nazgul" already has a similar effect. I don't know if the gate actually stays open for the full 60 minutes  [ugly] seconds the ability is supposed to last, AI at least closes it right away. But still, I would very much like it if the Witch-King could open gates.
Or, and that should be possible, he only resets the cooldown for everything except gates, which he destroys immediately?

So, as it is right now, I am against your Suggestion, but maybe the System I proposed is better? I could make a more precise Suggestion, if someone wants to see that.

PS: The capital letters are because I'm German, and I can't be bothered to undo them after the autocorrection makes them.

PPS: Do you speak German better than english (your english isn't too bad, by the way)? If so, you could use the German part of the Modding Union. If not, that's of course not possible.

Edit: Nevermind, I read your other post on Gulzar.
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Aug 2018, 18:31 von TheOnlyTrueWitchking »
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

angmar

• Hobbit
Re: Mordor Witchking, new ideas
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Sep 2018, 10:07 »
Good morning, first thanks for answering for the subject. I was thinking about your comment and i make new suggestions:
Abilities:
1) Mount:....
2) I agree with you it´s not necessary increase the debuff but I think it´s important that the Witchking have the screech ability. So this ability would be passive (leadership) and active (screech)
3) You are right. Neither in the film nor in the book the Witchking uses lightning. I was thinking about a skill that shows his power as a sorcerer.
      - Wrath of the Witchking: it does great damage against a unit or structure. If the skill is used against the door, it opens. The skill could use the burning blade animation.
It show the Witchking of the book when he destroys the Minas Tirith door and the Witchking of the film when he attacks Gandalf. This skill is only use with "stance: sword".
4) In the book it is said that the witch king sent ghosts to the barrows of Cardolan. To avoid repeating another "morgul blade" skill, I thought of something new:
    Damned blade: (active and passive ability) Passive: When the witch king kills a unit, turn the victim into a lesser wraith. Active: Turn to the lesser wraith nearby into morgul shadow. Only use with "stance: sword". This links his connection with the Witchking of Angmar and show his power as a sorcerer
5) You are right again. Terrifiying malice is fine as it is now.

With these ideas I want to reinforce the role of the WitchKing as a sorcerer and his connection with Angmar, the spirits and Minas Morgul. It seems important to me that the WitchKing is not only a mass assasain but that he is also good against heroes for his magic and for being a Nazgul. This would be the palantir of "stance: sword".
For "stance: mace", I would keep skills 1, 2 and I would introduce three new ones but for now I have not had time to think them but they should be skills that reflect their counterpart of mass assasain.

I am spanish and again I am so sorry for my english and thank you for your time. I hope you like these new ideas more
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Sep 2018, 10:28 von angmar »