28. Mär 2024, 22:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imrahil - Prince of Dol Amroth  (Gelesen 7799 mal)

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
Re: Imrahil - Prince of Dol Amroth
« Antwort #15 am: 4. Nov 2019, 12:40 »
Although I agree that Imrahil's abilities need to be improved and even though I liked this suggestion very much, there is something about it that bothers me a lot: palantir change - this device, as well as abilities with very long and detailed descriptions, IMO makes the game more complex impractically and bad for novice players. I believe the palantir exchange worked brilliantly only for Sauron (necromancer and ring-hero), given not only his figure in the books, but also the fact that he is an extremely central point in Mordor's strategy - so learning all of his skills is a must.

That said, I will respectfully make some suggestions for modifying the abilities you have proposed so as to AVOID creating another palantir for Imrahil - but I want to make it clear that I do not want to dispute your suggestion, which by the way already has a good degree of acceptance; freedom is all yours to accept or not  :)

Level 1: Mount / Dismount - switch between mounted and on foot - remains unchanged

Level 1: Prince of Dol Amroth - Soldiers of the fiefdoms near Imrahil will be granted +15% attack and armor and nearby Cavalry will have -15% crush reduction by this leadership (passive ability)
- this way it would be possible to preserve the idea of the abilities you made while keeping the "For Honour" ability's essence, as well as making a more synthetized skill  ;)
- Also, having both the attack and armor leadership only fits better IMO, as it gives a more "neutral" feeling to Imrahil, the one who agressively led the defences of Gondor (and also leaving the more agressive leadership role for Faramir and the more defensive leadership role for Boromir)  :)

Level 3: To Gondor's aid - Imrahil brings support to Minas Tirith in its time of need. Select a target Border Stronghold to give it a permanent bonus. Repeatedly selecting a Stronghold will improve it further:
   First Upgrade – Dol Amroth troops are recruited 20% faster
   Second Upgrade – Dol Amroth troops can be recruited for 75% of their original price
   Third Upgrade – Dol Amroth troops are recruited with heavy armour

- I'd rather have the Dol Amroth Troops recruited with banner carrier instead of heavy armour, as it would keep the more "neutral" feeling to Imrahil as I said before (it would also not conflict with minor details, like Ring-Hero Boromir's ability of automatically giving heavy armour to all units) - everything else remains unchanged

Level 8: Atheling Guard – Imrahil summons his atheling guard from Dol Amroth to his side. The Atheling Guard allow Imrahil to recharge his abilities 33% faster and grant him +15% armour as long as they remain close together. If the Guard is summoned while Imrahil is mounted, the Guard will be mounted. If the Guard is summoned while Imrahil is on foot, the Guard will be on foot. Only 1 battalion can be summoned at the same time. They are summoned at level 1 and can gain experience.
- I'd make this a level 6 ability to fill the gaps better, and instead of giving it a faster ability recharge time I would give +30% experience to Imrahil to make the ability more useful with the changes - everything else remains unchanged

Level 10: Discipline - in Gondor's darkest hour, Imrahil temporarily takes command of its armies. For 30 seconds, his leadership will affect all allied troops as well as fiefdoms troops. Dol Amroth troops will heal themselves after every attack. All nearby non-Dol Amroth troops gain +50% experience - remains unchanged

Anyway, I hope you like it! Even though Imrahil is a very important character, I don't think that heroes like him (or Mouth of Sauron, for example) should receive 2 palantirs; instead, I pratically did not change your suggestions, I just made them compatible with a single palantir with few small modifications - it is much better gameplay-wise IMO. I've seen that you already made some balance changes after people gave you some feedback, which is also great :)

I hope I helped somehow  :)

In Favour:
dkbluewizard2

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #16 am: 4. Nov 2019, 12:51 »
I'd make this a level 6 ability to fill the gaps better, and instead of giving it a faster ability recharge time I would give +30% experience to Imrahil to make the ability more useful with the changes - everything else remains unchanged.

I think that the problem with more experience is that it becomes useless after Imrahil reaches level 10, and this gets amplified by it being available so late.

Signed,
The Only True Witchking
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #17 am: 4. Nov 2019, 13:07 »
I personally don't think level 6 is too late, nor I think that reaching level 10 with Imrahil, a not very accessible hero, is an easy task - I personally don't remember getting him on level 10; also, levelling up faster to reach the level 10 ability, which is quite strong, is a great deal, furthermore, having the permanent heroic unit and the significant armor boost for Imrahil are great things and will still make the ability very useful after level 10  ;)

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #18 am: 20. Jul 2020, 08:07 »
I really like this idea. Please put me on the favor list.