28. Mär 2024, 15:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Discussing the Mod of the Year elections 2018  (Gelesen 2076 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Discussing the Mod of the Year elections 2018
« am: 2. Dez 2018, 23:34 »
Let us hear what you think about MotY 2018 and everything around it.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Discussing the Mod of the Year elections 2018
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Dez 2018, 11:22 »
That picture in your signature looks now more familiar, FG  :P
As for me you have my vote guys (and my hammer  :D)  for a simple reason: Edain is still a great mod overall in my opinion. No matter if the new patch it's not out yet. Moreover, the team worked very hard to present us both new smart ideas and new art along 2018. Despite all the obstacles and real life obligations you never gave up. You are still here for your fans.
I'm hyped for the new updates of december; i feel like my patience will definely be rewarded (i would lie if i'd tell you that i don't check for news VERY frequently  :D)

FG15: A little suggestion for lake town map. If it is possible, i would put a more generic texture (iron and wood only) for the entrance gate, without any simbols. The exact copy of the Rohan castle gate does not fit very well in my opinion  :) Supposing that the gate is not meant for the video trailer only  [ugly].
For the rest great job!! Look forward to play it  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Dez 2018, 20:00 »
Dear Edain Mod, this year I've voted for you once again. So have I for all the preceding years since 2015. Hoping to see this magnificent project reach its honourable place in the competition, though Edain is already well crystallised in the modding world's firmament, I would also like to congratulate the team for its impressive efforts so far and for not having given in to the hardships hitherto faced.

I myself know very well how much we have, as internal team, worked hard on tonnes of different aspects. That's why I also feel like reassuring the community that the next patch is definitely closer than it has ever been; moreover, of greater importance for the public, most of the new content is to be truly ground-breaking and revolutionary. We're all perfectly aware of the difficulties and troubles which have been haunting both us and the community as well, throughout the past two years. Nevertheless, as often was the case for other crucial and landmark updates, what takes much time to achieve is seldom not worth the wait. Quality is verily one of the sustaining pillars of the entire construction. The eternal, ever-true principle of Edain. And quality exactly requires time and energy, in order to come up with satisfying results. Hence, I wholeheartedly suggest the members of this splendid forum not lose hope and resist anticipation a little bit more. You won't be disappointed!

May a word of thanks also go to the ones who have been sternly lingering here and contributing to/following the major forum proposals that we have fatigued on a good deal. In the past, marvellous concepts had given light to equally marvellous changes in the game. Despite the road being extremely daunting and arduous to walk, you shall see that some other suggestions have eventually flourished in actual pivotal additions. Passion, diligence and involvement, in the end, shall ever be rewarded ;)

And more is yet to come, of course. The age of the Misty Mountains is also approaching, and we have a big winged dragon to care about. Right, Aulë? 8-)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Dez 2018, 16:01 »
And more is yet to come, of course. The age of the Misty Mountains is also approaching, and we have a big winged dragon to care about. Right, Aulë? 8-)

Yes indeed  8-)

When the moment will come (between 4.5 and 4.6 supposing) i can imagine a new section will be devote entirely for MM? In that moment i'll be there ready for new interesting debates, and to collect other Smaug fans of course  xD

But first, let me discover what of our other ideas has/have been implemented in the upcoming patch. I'm sure about one, the others, if any, are a mystery  ;)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Dez 2018, 18:07 »
With your support, we have reached the Top 100 mods! As a token of our gratitude, here is the first teaser for the Lorien spellbook - more to come soon! And if you like what we have shown so far, please make sure to also vote for us in the second phase of the polls!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Dez 2018, 23:17 »
In light of the fateful Galadriel overhaul, I would like to re-post here a comment of mine from ModDB. A superb update deserves a praise worthy of its magnitude. My gratitude, again, goes to the team for having made it all possible and listened to the forum's opinion; then, may I also thank all those who have at any time participated in the long (very long) debate that later ensued, thus partaking in what has been one of the most popular threads in Modding Union's history. We've made it! 8-)

Zitat
A Galadriel overhaul is something that befalls the Edain Mod once in an age! Yet, when revolutionary changes do come, at last, they're really the solemn and extraordinary improvements that they are exactly supposed to be. In this case, not only will the heroine prove more effective in combat, but her new design shall also live up to the standards of a 8000-year-old Elven princess from the Undying Lands, who was in dire need of a different portrayal. Furthermore, not everyone probably knows or remembers that many crucial aspects of the update had been the topic of vast essays and infinite discussions on the forum, of which some were incredibly old proposals that trace back to the time of the now-deceased Edain forum of ModDB. Namely, in order to cite the most memorable ones, Ancient Might, Nenya, the Gifts of Lórien, Glance in the Mirror, and the general thread on her Ring forms. The majority of the points we had addressed have finally found their way in the game, either in the same fashion we had proposed them or re-interpreted as the Edain Team deemed it wise.

So, I definitely feel that all our efforts have eventually been rewarded for the good, flourishing in a majestic new concept, worthy of the mightiest Elf of the Third Age, as the very Professor had stated. Hence, I would like to thank the team for making this needed addition possible and all those who have been staunchly following the related forum debates until now, contributing to cement the arguments hitherto mentioned. Thank you very much, from the depth of my heart ;)