28. Mär 2024, 22:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [Map] [Testbuild] Helm's Deep map [2vs3]  (Gelesen 5888 mal)

JoniWan77

• Bilbos Festgast
[Map] [Testbuild] Helm's Deep map [2vs3]
« am: 21. Dez 2018, 01:06 »
Dear fellow players,

a long time ago I began working on a rather simple Helm's Deep map for 2 versus 3 players. Then I forgot about it for 3 years, although it was almost finished.
But I did it! The map is ready to go and ready for testing. I am just putting the map here for anyone who is interested in it. Feel free to give feedback or report on issues you had playing.

Features:
The map is your usual Helm's Deep map with a bit of a twist. Instead of the fortress you will find a gate leading into the mountains, where the start and building slots for the defenders are located. While the usual Helm's Deep maps have very little room for retreat, this map is centered around a long and dragged out defense. Every single part of the fortress is seperated from the adjacent ones by gates, which shall slow the hordes of evil down, until the final battle is fought inside of the mountain itself.

Screenshots:

Known Bugs:
- The movement regarding the fortress and its walls can be weird at times. Sadly I can't do much against it, since it is a matter of pixel coordination in placing the tiles.
- The building slots of the fortress players will vanish if they don't immediately build a building on at least one of them. [FIXED]

AI [non]compatibility:
Having the map tested with AI now, there are quite a few issues: First the AI is unable to use the fortress's building slots, which makes them not a good defender. Second the AI has no idea how to attack the fortress, hence the are just grouping in front of the walls and occasionally attack your archers with catapults. For some reason the Imladris AI doesn't seem to work at all.
I would suggest playing this map completely without AI.

Installation:
1. You download the map from the link below.
2. You unpack the .rar-file.
3. You copy the folder into your BfME map folder under AppData\Roaming.

Updated Download:
rar-file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2k9g9z127sbwb4/Helm%2527s_Klamm_2vs3.rar/file
zip-file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehc7af787xgrlx4/Helm%2527s_Klamm_2vs3.zip/file

Farewell and may this map bring you pleasure.
JoniWan77

May Helm Hammerhand's horn be heard throughout the mark!
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Jan 2019, 20:13 von JoniWan77 »

theoden_king

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: [Map] [Testbuild] Helm's Deep map [2vs3]
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Dez 2018, 00:12 »
nice map but when we begin the game we cant deploy anything inside and outside the fortress and the 3 players are defeated when the game begins

JoniWan77

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Dez 2018, 15:03 »
I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I made an error and uploaded the wrong file, when I initially wrote this thread. I uploaded an updated file a day after this, though. I updated the upload again now in case I was an idiot.

The first problem you have experienced, not being able to deploy anything inside is because the building slots disappear after a while I imagine. I know that this happens but haven't found a way to fix this yet. When you build a building immediately after the game begins, though, this problem didn't occur in my testing anymore. I dearly hope that the latency of online gameplay doesn't make it impossible to circumvent the problem like this.

The second problem you experienced, however, should be fixed with the new upload. The 3 startpositions outside the fortress are functioning now.

Thanks for playing the map and giving me feedback. I had no experience with mapping before and my work is therefore sadly extremely amateurish.

theoden_king

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Dez 2018, 23:34 »
till noow your map is one of the best helms deep maps and I enjoyed it just u fix these problems and it would be amazing comtinue...but the problem with your new file is that our security system sqys thqt this file contain virus
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Dez 2018, 23:38 von theoden_king »

JoniWan77

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Dez 2018, 15:25 »
While I am still working on the known problems and bugs, I uploaded a zip-file mirroring the rar-file and added the link to the post. I do not know, why your anti-virus software thinks the file contains malware. Let me know if the second mirror is still not working for you.

JoniWan77

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Dez 2018, 15:46 »
Update Log 1:
- preview picture added
- disappearing building slots fixed!

Explanation:
It seems that the disappearing building slots were caused by some kind of bug with the base-object of the worldbuilder. Because I can't find the mistake I made, I seperated the building slots for now from the base-object.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Dez 2018, 15:27 von JoniWan77 »

JoniWan77

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Dez 2018, 18:10 »
Update Log 2:
- smaller fixes like plot positions and simplification of object assignments

theoden_king

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 30. Dez 2018, 01:19 »
thanks amazing map and game I am very happy for it ..

JoniWan77

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 4. Jan 2019, 20:13 »
Update-Log 3:
- Wrong citadel object replaced with the right one.
- Building slots are now part of a base.
- Bug fixed, that fortress players could use the building slots without citadel.

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 14. Jan 2020, 16:00 »
Hi buddy. Thanks a perfect map! for this map. Can you make another update to 2 vs 6? I have tried. but I can't.