28. Mär 2024, 12:49 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris' Spellbook Images  (Gelesen 2717 mal)

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
Imladris' Spellbook Images
« am: 14. Jan 2019, 21:56 »
Hello my friends, I would like to suggest the change of two images on Imladris' Spellbook.
First of all, I have found one image for the Breeze of Manwë that shows the wind attribute better in my opinion:

The other one is about Tom Bombadil. The current one is still good but I believe that this one reflects better his merry personality:

Just some of my thoughts. Keep up the wonderful work!

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Imladris' Spellbook Images
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Jan 2019, 23:07 »
Hello! First off, welcome to Modding Union and thank you for having forwarded your suggestions here :)

I feel your cosmetic proposal does not come without a certain reason. As you may have noticed, many icon pictures are to change with the release of the next patch; personally, I've hitherto advocated for the replacement of too much cartoonish concepts, in favour of film-based ones, or, in this precise case (given the lack of WETA material), artworks related to official illustrations. And the latter is exactly what you have suggested including in the game, in respect of Tom Bombadil. I like the picture, really. I shall craft an icon fashioned on it. I'll then post it here for everyone to give their feedback.

As for Breeze of Manwë, I'm not so fond of the image. Another concept might do, perhaps?

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Jan 2019, 13:09 »
Thank you for your quick response, DieWalküre. I share your opinion concerning the cartoonish concepts and I'm really happy that more film-based images are going to make it to the 4.5 version. Also, I'm glad that you like Tom Bombadil's picture and I'll be waiting to see what you're up to!

As regards the Breeze of Manwë, I found these two pictures as well, although I'm not sure about their quality:

Edit: There is this image of Manwë himself too. I don't know how it could be implemented though; maybe if it were cut to his hands or something:
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Jan 2019, 13:25 von Fellowship_of_the_Ring »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Jan 2019, 18:51 »
Here is the icon I have just crafted:

Moreover, I guess we need another depiction for our breeze spell. Direct portrayals of the Lord of the Heavens himself are always a nice sight to behold, but, as far as I have experience of, they do not really fit well in the game, for countless reasons. What would serve our purpose is a simple nature-centred concept, with the proper emphasis on wind/breeze. I'll try to seek the right artwork ;)

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Jan 2019, 22:01 »
Just amazing! The icon you crafted seems perfect. Actually, it's much better than I had expected it to be. Nice job and thank you!

Yeah, Manwë is awesome. ;)
I'm pretty sure you'll do a great job in finding a concept that fits the Breeze of Manwë spell better than the current icon does.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Jan 2019, 14:40 »
Indeed the new image crafted by my friend Walküre is a better depiction of old Tom :) Me too i don't like at all the "cartoonish" feeling of vanilla spells. There are for sure some other pictures that need to be replaced among the other spellbooks.

As for the wind/breeze of Sulimo, the current picture seems to be a sort of magic whirl. I personally like the idea behind it but  is a bit cartoonish as well. I would search a similar solution but more "real". Or, A different alternative could be a natural landscape in which we can clearly see the wind blowing, maybe with some floating leaves?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Jan 2019, 21:13 »
That image looks lovely, seriously, but I doubt it would come in handy for our purpose. My idea is still oriented towards some magical display, subject to there being proper, not-so-much cartoonish, artworks.
I'll do my best and seek some wind-related concepts.

Thanks for the help anyway, Aulë and Fellowship :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #7 am: 22. Jan 2019, 21:53 »
Maybe something like this:

or this:

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jan 2019, 22:12 von Gandalf7000 »