28. Mär 2024, 16:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Thranduil  (Gelesen 15419 mal)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
Re: Thranduil
« Antwort #30 am: 27. Feb 2019, 21:30 »
I think the current icon is well suitable for its relative ability. Being a level-1 feature, when Thranduil is still clothed in kingly robes, it would be unwise to utilise images showing him armoured and fighting.

If anything, I might craft a new icon for his ultimate skill. I'll try to pull something out of my magic hat ;)

Besides, a general question: has someone managed to find a new set of animations, as good as a decent replacement for his present, sluggish movements? Perhaps, this is the last major hurdle we must overcome.
Then perhaps this image. Here he looks noble and valar like.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 27. Feb 2019, 22:39 »
Great picture, but I consider it quite abstract for the purpose. I mean, we already have an icon of Thranduil portraying him in a front, direct and portrait-like pose. Having two similar pictures would be a bit redundant. The current throne depiction is slightly more situational for my likings :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #32 am: 28. Feb 2019, 00:15 »
I do see your point but the reason for changing the pic in the first place is because we are changing the ability completely. In my opinion it doesn't deserve to be replaced by another ability picture (Arcane Shield in this case). I mean Elrond has the same situation with the armor and the restoration power (the icons are very similar, one centered at his face, the other - chest). 
Then again i found such image, quite similar to the one you Walk already had:

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 28. Feb 2019, 00:23 »
Proposed picture for noble wrath fits, because you can see some noble move from Thranduil ... your pictures, on the other hand, are static.

You made great joke by the way - current picture of arcane shield (which I used for noble wrath) doesn't even fit for arcane shield, because arcane shield doesn't fit either. :P

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #34 am: 28. Feb 2019, 00:43 »
Noble move. I mean, what exactly is he doing in this picture that makes it so unique? Turning around?  Throwing away his cloak? That's not an argument.
Anyway i think i'm not able to find a suitable pic for this one so i won't complain amymore. If all else fails we could use the closeup of his crown.

steadii

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: 28. Dez 2020, 15:06 »
I think that Thranduil as tank is forced. He is father of Legolas and in time of Hobbit the best warrior in Middle-earth. He was created before Botfa and because of that the game feeling while playing with him is not so good. Instead of agile mass slayer we have slow tank. I think that make him mass slayer with unit support aspect (because of king) is great idea. And i always thought that Grimbeorn would be perfect tank - he is old, strong and beornings were tortured by orcs so they can sustain a lot damage. Switching their roles would solve the problem with roles in Lorien.

Also I am not sure about that arcane shield, Thranduil is not magician.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Dez 2020, 15:11 von steadii »