28. Mär 2024, 19:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gifts of Lórien  (Gelesen 17968 mal)

tolgayurdal

• Gast
Re: Gifts of Lórien
« Antwort #15 am: 26. Jan 2019, 06:47 »
Nice to be in here 8-). Ah Heart Tree! I knew I forget something. Btw why have not we see something about it yet except spellbook picture which is from the movie? About the reworked gifts, they seems almost done and I think it is completed until finalised reworked heroes.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Feb 2019, 17:07 »
Zitat
* Treebeard and Quickbeam: Ewer that contains blessed water from Lorien's stream that slowly heals

What about healing water only for Quickbeam (he is small and quick ent after all) and for Treebeard, shepherd of the forest, recyclation of Sam's gift:

Zitat
* Treebeard: The seeds of the golden wood.

Creates a build plot which can be used to make a Mallorn Tree. If the build plot is not used in 2 minutes it will disappear. (Only 3 of these build plots may be used at once)

But as I said new gifts should be only cosmetic rather than strong, because they will have different purpose - channeling Galadriel's power.
So what about only normal tree which you can bless through the spellbook spell (refuge in the woods). Something like primitive version of central spell which highlights Lorien's gameplay:

Zitat
* Treebeard: The seeds of the elven wood.

Creates a build plot which can be used to make a standard tree for free. If the build plot is not used in 2 minutes it will disappear. (Only 5 of these build plots may be used at once)

« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 14:32 von Tiberius Ogden »

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Feb 2019, 23:49 »
One tree seems on the weaker side (unless it's cheap or free and with a decent recharge time). Perhaps a small grove of trees instead?

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 9. Feb 2019, 00:56 »
One tree seems on the weaker side (unless it's cheap or free

Exactly, it would be just normal tree (in total five trees) completely free.
Just cosmetic ability for Treebeard who has free spot in the skillset like Quickbeam.
But still it would be useful - elven units can improvisationally hide there, and regular tree can be blessed by spellbook spell and then heal.
Really mini version of central spell but without additional effects.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 14:32 von Tiberius Ogden »

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 9. Feb 2019, 11:23 »
Healing water suits for Quickbeam. He is younger, faster and more vulnerable then Treebeard. But more adapted Lorien's fragile and hit&run gameplay. On the other hand Treebeard is the eldest, slow moving and more destroyer. The gift must be precious, regular tree is less meaningfull, I think. Maybe Old Ring Hero Radagast's tree (not with summons) with anti poison effect can work. It absorbes nearby poisoned damages and hides units , not necessary to heal units. Also suits for Treebeard's protector role of Fangorn Forest and supports wood elves.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #20 am: 9. Feb 2019, 11:28 »
I'm in Favour about this suggestion. Especially the gem for Thranduil is more suitable. I'd consider ot make him resistant to elemental damage only, it fits even more if we are going to focus him as a monsters slayer too.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 9. Feb 2019, 11:54 »
Maybe Old Ring Hero Radagast's tree (not with summons) with anti poison effect can work. It absorbes nearby poisoned damages and hides units , not necessary to heal units. Also suits for Treebeard's protector role of Fangorn Forest and supports wood elves.

It's not bad idea and nice recyclation ... am not sure about effects right now (central spell and mist hide units, heal can be casted either way by spellbook spell), but trees in the Lorien are in general very tall, I can imagine that Galadriel gives him some modified seed with special tree.
Yes, resistance to poison for nearby units doesn't sound bad.
Problem is that we don't know how the heart three looks like ...

Zitat
The Central Spell: Elven Wood

Creates a Heart Tree around which a forest grows that hides allies within.
After a while, it also lets them use Ambush of the Wood-Elves even when detected and reduces its cooldown.

That's why I'm suggesting only regular trees. Something simple.

the gem for Thranduil is more suitable. I'd consider ot make him resistant to elemental damage only, it fits even more if we are going to focus him as a monsters slayer too.

No, no, only allied units can receive bonus against those kinds of units. Monster slayer aspect was before unit supporter concept came out - when he was pure mass slayer only.

Zitat
Level 5: Sindarin Armour - Thranduil puts on his battle armour, which gives him +25% to defense. His silver armour inspires nearby units and grants them +35% defense against monsters, heroic, elite and siege units. (Passive ability)

In fact I also thought in similar way - about poison solely, especially when "Greenwood is sick", means poisoned, so enchanted gem with resistance to poison was obvious and fitting.
But we don't have proper ingame effect. And if Walkure wants to keep magic bubble, then magic resistance suits only.
Of course - we can search for antipoison ingame FX and move magic bubble to CaH, which was my initial plan.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 13:57 von Tiberius Ogden »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #22 am: 9. Feb 2019, 15:00 »

No, no, only allied units can receive bonus against those kinds of units. Monster slayer aspect was before unit supporter concept came out - when he was pure mass slayer only.

My bad, i'm sorry did not re-read the ability  [ugly] Concerning the new Thranduil, i'm gonna leave my feedback in da proper thread :)

In fact I also thought in similar way - about poison solely, especially when "Greenwood is sick", means poisoned, so enchanted gem with resistance to poison was obvious and fitting.
But we don't have proper ingame effect. And if Walkure wants to keep magic bubble, then magic resistance suits only.
Of course - we can search for antipoison ingame FX and move magic bubble to CaH, which was my initial plan.

At least concerning resistance against fire, water, earth ect, the bubble is suitable of course. It is a shield after all, similar to the one of Gandalf. But i agree that is not suitable for poison. To be honest i don't even know if speaking about an "anti-poison" FX makes sense, because we are not speaking about a  shield in that case, rather about a phisical immunity once you are poisoned (i.e the immunity of human body to poison (human-like body, in case of an elf)). In that case would be more suitable to see some FX that works simply like an indicator that tells you that Thranduil is immune to poison during the ability.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 9. Feb 2019, 15:26 »
At least concerning resistance against fire, water, earth ect, the bubble is suitable of course. It is a shield after all, similar to the one of Gandalf. But i agree that is not suitable for poison. To be honest i don't even know if speaking about an "anti-poison" FX makes sense, because we are not speaking about a  shield in that case, rather about a phisical immunity once you are poisoned (i.e the immunity of human body to poison (human-like body, in case of an elf)). In that case would be more suitable to see some FX that works simply like an indicator that tells you that Thranduil is immune to poison during the ability.

I would be careful concerning too many resistances, cause it would indicate that he is tank.
We need something simple what connects him to Galadriel and silver gem with simple effect is what we have in the store.
Concerning FX indicator - exactly, I was thinking about green FX, similar to Cirdan's ring FX, but the same visual effect I want for scout lanterns, however silver or gold.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #24 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:41 »
Ok I know I posted that I liked the change and I still do (mostly). With Thranduil, I have no problem with the effect of the gift, more so the gift itself. Mainly the fact that Thranduil was never shown to really be one for collecting loads of riches in the same way that someone like Thorin would've done. The only reason he wanted the gems in the Hobbit trilogy (a trilogy that does switch around some character aspects of Bard and Thranduil from the books to make Thranduil more aggressive compared to his book self) was because they belonged to his dead wife so I'm not sure how much it would fit for him to accept a random enchanted gem from Galadriel. That's all I have to say on the topic.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:15 »
He is the only elf in Middle-earth who calls himself a "king". That tells something about his nature.
Yes, he was interested in gems because belonged to his wife, but overall he was interested in them.
He wouldn't accept only random gem, but enchanted gem which not only looks great, but also helps him in his fight against common enemy ... and mainly it would be gift from Noldor high sorceress to Woodland king.
I can't imagine anything better for him from Galadriel. And I don't understand your comparison with Thorin's dragon sickness. One enchanted symbolical gem from informal elven queen doesn't make from him jewel collector. :)
Galadriel is mind reader and hero supporter, I can imagine that Galadriel's gem similar to gems of his wife in the Mountain, would not only support him magically, but also mentally (but of course only when we accept the PJ's story behind the gems). Something like sad reminiscence of hers ... if he can't have gems from the Mountain, than at least copy of them ... I think that Galadriel can be emphatic, cause she also lost the daughter, well not completely but definitely mentally after her tragic experience.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 18:34 von Tiberius Ogden »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #26 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:42 »
Ok I sort of see your point about the gem. I guess there are worse gifts that you could give to a king.

He is the only elf in Middle-earth who calls himself a "king". That tells something about his nature.

He calls himself a king because his dad was a king as well so now he rules. Elrond wasn't a king, mainly because there probably weren't enough Noldor to count as a kingdom (especially they were mostly leaving with some at Imladris, some at Mithlond and a few with Galadriel). Galadriel could've been a queen, but I guess she chose not to and didn't want to really rule over the people she moved to (even though she did in all but name). Plus she never had the title of monarch inherited from Amroth. As for Thranduil, he ruled over an entirely separate group of elves to the others, he had the largest elven population and had the largest territory. That and the fact that his father was king before him makes it entirely reasonable that he would have a kingdom.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:57 »
I guess there are worse gifts that you could give to a king.

I've just imagined encounter between Galadriel and Thranduil ... "So you're woodland king? It's amazing ... then I'll have something for you ... a wood! Winter is coming and will last long!" :P

"But we have enough wood in our woodland realm ..."  8-|

"...." :( "Then I have nothing for you" ... "But don't forget to love me and despair!"

He calls himself a king because his dad was a king as well so now he rules. Elrond wasn't a king, mainly because there probably weren't enough Noldor to count as a kingdom (especially they were mostly leaving with some at Imladris, some at Mithlond and a few with Galadriel). Galadriel could've been a queen, but I guess she chose not to and didn't want to really rule over the people she moved to (even though she did in all but name). Plus she never had the title of monarch inherited from Amroth. As for Thranduil, he ruled over an entirely separate group of elves to the others, he had the largest elven population and had the largest territory. That and the fact that his father was king before him makes it entirely reasonable that he would have a kingdom.

I know and funny thing is that I interpret it in different way. In my opinion Elrond and Galadriel just don't use titles only because they were wiser and much more modest than Thranduil.  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #28 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:07 »
Thranduil's own legitimacy as monarch is not to be disputed. It's simply factual; it doesn't really add more substance to the topic.

If you want, as I did with the Axe of Doriath, I can come up with a proper, coherent and lifelike RPG story behind the gem, as much canon-like as possible; by the way, the very gem is obviously not a random jewel, but rather a true regal gift for the Woodland King. A relic from the Undying Lands...

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:14 »
I can come up with a proper, coherent and lifelike RPG story behind the gem, as much canon-like as possible; by the way, the very gem is obviously not a random jewel, but rather a true regal gift for the Woodland King. A relic from the Undying Lands...

Of course! It would be nice. If we want to make gifts truly unique, then we need every gift to be justified. ;)