28. Mär 2024, 14:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gifts of Lórien  (Gelesen 17966 mal)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
Re: Gifts of Lórien
« Antwort #45 am: 28. Feb 2019, 00:46 »
It would be nice if the shield would also be green (or green-ish) to suite with the gift itself.

It would change blue bubble to green bubble ... I would rather see current shield in CaH. xD

What about gem which shines green in his hand, similar to Cirdan's Narya which I propose remove?

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #46 am: 28. Feb 2019, 13:36 »
It would be nice if the shield would also be green (or green-ish) to suite with the gift itself.

It would change blue bubble to green bubble ... I would rather see current shield in CaH. xD

What about gem which shines green in his hand, similar to Cirdan's Narya which I propose remove?

That would be nice addition. Thranduil is an important figure among the elves (the only called King in thr 3d age) and in the story of lotr and the hobbit itself. This addition would highlight this importance as the only shining things in the hands of our heroes now are either the rings of power or the One ring itself.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #47 am: 28. Feb 2019, 21:50 »
I would be more than fine with the proposed greenish gleaming effect on his finger or chest (it is not specified whether the jewel was studded in a ring or necklace). The solution is even lore-accurate, since the bearers of the Three cannot wield their Rings openly; Círdan would thereby lose an inconsistent FX addition; of course, my ultimate dream, and, I assume, that of plenty of other people here, is that the Ring of Ruby will eventually be returned to its legitimate owner ;)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #48 am: 2. Mär 2019, 10:44 »
As i told you i enjoyed the story of Verdemárë, Walküre, and beside that i also agree about an FX addition in form of a greenish shine. IN particular, i imagined the Silvan King embedding the Emerald in a Ring:

The design is from a certain french jewelry brand of Paris (which i removed for obvious reasons, academic purposes only as everything in this forum is intended for). I also turned the gold style into silver because it fits perfectly with Thranduil.  The inspiration for this particular choice comes form the movie quote:

Zitat von: The Hobbit - The Desolation Of Smaug
"Do not speak to me of dragon fire ! I know it's wroth and ruin ! I have faced the great serpents of the north !"

You can see it as celebrative ring, that keeps alive the memory of past battles against the most fearsome of wingelss dragons .

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: 2. Mär 2019, 17:20 »

I would rather see bracelet with the gem ... in order to make ring-bearers (in our case those people who wear The One Ring) unique.

« Letzte Änderung: 2. Mär 2019, 17:50 von Tiberius Ogden »

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #50 am: 2. Mär 2019, 17:39 »
Well if we wished to veer from a ring I think a solution can actually be found in merging this new proposal of a gift with his current interpretation of the armour;

His current armoured form possesses a jeweled crown (set with a pure white gem) - what if instead we converted this to the gem conceived here - in this yes visually he would still be equipping his armour but not because Galadriel has gifted it to him but rather that instead he is displaying the gem he received from the elven queen and it's importance to him (choosing to have it inset into his crown to show it's rarity) - when we consider Melkor also did something similar with the Silmarils of setting them into his crown to display their worth I don't think this would be too unfamiliar of a thing in the universe itself.

I know the idea sort of goes backward with a lot of things - but see the images below for a clearer image of where I mean;

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #51 am: 2. Mär 2019, 17:50 »
solution can actually be found in merging this new proposal of a gift with his current interpretation of the armour;

You have a great sense for detail. Personally I can imagine that magic gem from Galadriel, which causes magic resistance, convinced him to put on his sindarin armor in order to protect borders of the woodland realm.
Such suggestion also creates free slot in Thrandul's reworked skillset.

By the way what about the white FX for lanterns? In the hands of the scouts or anywhere else?
Which leads me to another issue - armor for Rumil and Orophin.

I would remove it completely, because I don't get why scouts need armor ... that in the late game scouts can be used as the warriors and not as the scouts? Does Lorien really need that when already has the most heroes per faction?
But ... because we really like to keep or recycling the things ... we can implement it at level 10, because when scouts reach that level, player is probably in the later phase of the game - so it will work exactly the same like with the gifts, cause when you have Galadriel at level 3, scouts already have a higher level. Someone can say "wait a moment, there no longer be an option, now you can choose whether scout will receive armor or not", honestly, there neither be option in the upcoming patch thanks to Galadriel's reworked skillset. Every normal player will want to give gifts as soon as posible in order to channel Galadriel's abilities through them.

Implementation of the armor will be described at level 1:
Level 1: Rumil and Orophin - Both heroes share combat experience, reveal hidden enemy units nearby, and can use their skills simultaneously while both are selected. At level 10 put on mighty elven armor that highly enhances their defense but lowers their speed. (Passive ability).
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Mär 2019, 18:02 von Tiberius Ogden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 4. Mär 2019, 01:36 »
Aulë's image is a very sound one; much appropriate, and it fits greatly the lore passages we seek to explore with the Emerald Stone. Having the actual beryl be adorned by dragon-like motifs and hence placed in a ring, did not displease me at all. Nevertheless, I absolutely comprehend the countering points some have brought up to discussion: a proliferation of magical or quasi-enchanted rings would not be easy to justify, not to mention that the own preponderance of the Rings of Power would be somehow diminished. Then, let us scrap the ring option.

On the other side, however, I find the proposed correspondence between the very gemstone and Thranduil's silver armour quite odd. It makes me feel uneasy. One of the sustaining pillars of the concept was/is still to free the Woodland King's Gift from a weapon-centred logic, alongside resolving what is currently an unpleasant replica in the game (two Sindarin lords, two silver armours). As I view things, his famed silver coat has to remain a separated feature: he will get his additional defence after reaching the fifth level. It is functional for the whole idea behind the change, for, as an immensely experienced and age-long warrior, he would be to obtain his past warfare equipment rather automatically, like Elrond already does. We have agreed countless times on making the addition of an armour independent from external factors (in this case, the intervention of Galadriel).
Turning to previous paths would lead us backwards, instead of forward.

I hope we shall hold firm and loyal to Tiberius' old adage:
Zitat
"The Lady of Light is not a walking armoury!"

I've already explained to some of you how such proverb was born as an innocent joke; but I nonetheless deem it effective enough to remind us of one of the imperative goals we intend to achieve :)

So, in order to enter the pars construens of my comment, what ought we to do? I would say that the current gemstone, alone, is more than fine. Finer than other less viable alternatives. Thranduil, furthermore, will still don his silver panoply at level 5, as it was planned; that is, we have no free slot in his Palantír anymore. Secondly, how are we to come up with a satisfying graphical outcome? I think we can play a bit with my story and with the (fictitious and quite self-serving) obscurity surrounding the tale of Verdemárë: nowhere in the narration was it ever mentioned whether the Springberyl of Estë comprised other contour-jewellery, or whether the Woodland King had set the stone in a ring, necklace or bracelet. The stone may have been embellished with further precious extensions while in Doriath, only to be brought back to its original shape afterwards. The present details and state of the gem may remain unspecified; it is of little import for us. We just know that the Emerald Stone is borne by him and ever shines in the midst of his direst challenges. Be it set in a ring or kept in a pocket, that does not matter much.

The stone's beneficial influence could be easily shown via some sort of green luminescence/aura, glowing from and around the hero. An elegant rendition, though, in order to avoid grotesque results. A kind of sanctified leadership or halo. That would cater better for the situation.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #53 am: 4. Mär 2019, 01:58 »
We should consider all possibilities, like always, like in every suggestion, especially if lead to another proposal.
I would prefer armor on level five and magic gem via gift. The second option is also possible, of course, but not so convincing. You know - he receives the gift, which incluences him to put on armor - it's additional explanation for the game description.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Mär 2019, 02:08 von Tiberius Ogden »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #54 am: 4. Mär 2019, 19:44 »
Thank you my friend for your words of appreciation:) I understand the reasons why an additional ring could bring conflict in lore and too redundancies, but let me make clarification: I crafted the concept with the logic that the ring is crafted around the gem and to carry it. So it's a magic gem contained in a ring, so the main focus is still on Verdemàrë . There is so a substantial and huge difference with respect to the other main rings of power, since they are, as the word power suggests, magic ring. Artifacts crafted as magic, not container of another magic tool :)

By the way, while I like the idea of Samsara about using the crown, I don't like the connection you guys made between the armor and gem (I.e. Thranduil wearing the armor because of the emerald). I agree with Walküre that is a bit odd, and forced.
I personally really like the current Tiberius' idea of getting the armor at level 5. It is for sure more suitable and consistent. I generally like to construe Royal armor in Edain (Thorin, Elrond, etc) as an old heritage, from old ancestors, lore permitting of course :)

By the way, the idea of green glowing/green aura it is more general and I find it a good idea. In this way, we wouldn't be forced to match the gem with a specific object (ring, bracelet, or whatever) at every cost.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #55 am: 14. Apr 2020, 22:49 »
+1

Just because dear Tiberius and Walkure appeared at Mod DB  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Apr 2020, 22:54 von AmosVogel »
"Viva México"

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #56 am: 14. Apr 2020, 22:53 »
Honestly guys, you know I am already in favor of this. I feel it should be implemented. I love the emerald jewel idea of Este. Personally, this works well and I say evaluate what you can, but this should be implemented into the game. Would love to see it.