28. Mär 2024, 23:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Grimbeorn  (Gelesen 2589 mal)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
Grimbeorn
« am: 8. Feb 2019, 04:05 »
This Grimbeorn rework leads to Thranduil's thread.

In order to make Elvenking Thranduil unit supporter with mass slayer aspect, like in the movies, we have to find new tank hero for Lothlorien.

He should be strong, tall, able to sustain heavy damage, someone who doesn't hurry ... even old and wise ... who knows how to defend himself ...
And we have one great candidate ;)

Grimbeorn, new tank hero for Lothlorien with unit disruptor aspect!

Zitat
"Grimbeorn the Old, son of Beorn, was now the lord of many sturdy men, and to their land between the Mountains and Mirkwood neither orc nor wolf dared to go."
—The Fellowship of the Ring

Abilities:

Zitat
Level 1: Bear/Human form - Can switch between human and bear forms. As a human Grimbeorn can sustain heavy damage from certain units. As a bear he can throw enemies in front of him to the ground. In that form he is vulnerable to lances but less vulnerable against blades, can move faster and can trample over enemies.

Level 3: Deadly jump (Bear form) - Grimbeorn furiously jumps on enemies, knocking them back.

Level 3: Ferocious Strike (Human form) - Grimbeorn strikes enemies with his axe, knocking them back.

Level 5: Survival Instinct - Grimbeorn heals nearby Beornings and himself.

Level 7: Beorn's Bees - Grimbeorn, like his father Beorn before him, is a master beekeeper and can call his insect friends to his aid when he needs to. Summons several swarms of bees which protect Grimbeorn and damage enemy only when Grimbeorn in under attack.

Level 10: Power of the Wilderness - Grimbeorn's fury cannot be contained. For 30 seconds, Grimbeorn tramples enemies, is immune to arrows and lances, and has +85% armor.

Grimbeorn can receive upgrade "Axe of Doriath" through Gifts of Lorien.

Some abilities from current skillset already fits to tank hero, others were slightly changed. Personally I would really like to see "skin-changer" ability, which would mean adaptability to different kinds of attack (something really fitting and cool for tank), but it's only suggestion for discussion.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Feb 2019, 16:05 von Tiberius Ogden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Grimbeorn
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Feb 2019, 15:15 »
I certainly agree with every argument you have effectively illustrated above. Well done! :)

It brilliantly connects with your Thranduil proposal and Necro's Axe of Doriath concept. I like when multiple suggestions follow a central, background purpose; it gives more meaning and substance to whatever endeavour we embark on, similarly to what we're trying to do in relation to our hallowed Three Rings ;)

I'm sure it'll make the hero more appealing to people. He's a veritable force of nature, feral and untameable. I believe all these significant traits will (should) be embodied properly by his trampling side-ability (as depicted in the films, and I think they got that right). Until now, the sole stomping feature I get to enjoy is Radagast's rabbits and hares. I could surely do an indomitable bear to throw into bloody skirmishes and furious clashes 8-)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
Re: Grimbeorn
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Feb 2019, 15:45 »
It brilliantly connects with your Thranduil proposal and Necro's Axe of Doriath concept.

Yeah, there must be some changes ... because when I see that wood elf starts with 5 500 health as a tank, while such big and strong guy only with 4 500 ... it's just crazy. :P

He's a veritable force of nature, feral and untameable. I believe all these significant traits will (should) be embodied properly by his trampling side-ability (as depicted in the films, and I think they got that right). Until now, the sole stomping feature I get to enjoy is Radagast's rabbits and hares. I could surely do an indomitable bear to throw into bloody skirmishes and furious clashes 8-)

Exactly, I see in his human form strong, tall and relatively wise guy who doesn't want to be involved in conflicts, there tank fits perfectly. But if he is forced to join the battle, then big bear breaking through the enemy lines, disrupting their forces, but not doing devastating losses, is something what I clearly saw in the movies (Beorn jumped, killed some orcs but then was seen breaking through the enemy lines while trying to defend himself) and I can imagine that even from the books.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Feb 2019, 15:50 von Tiberius Ogden »