28. Mär 2024, 13:42 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Half - Orcs?  (Gelesen 2051 mal)

tolgayurdal

• Gast
Half - Orcs?
« am: 22. Feb 2019, 18:58 »
Hello Edainers!

I have a strong idea that all fantastic and unique elements are imagined by Proffesor must be a part of the mod. One can see the examples already implemented in the game like Ents, Huorns, Giants, Mumakils etc. These are created and placed by Tolkien himself to his universe. In the light of his novels, Edain offers the closest Middle Earth game opportunity to the fans and the players. 

It is very difficult that adding more units to Isengard but this is not about the faction needs another, it is about making the mod more realistic according to his world. Isengard is a faction now because of Saruman and his treason. If one says Saruman is the second powerful maia against the Goods, living in 3rd age, I believe it can not be wrong. He created his Uruk hais, manipulated Dunlendings and some people from Rohan, allied with Mordor. Plus he has Orthanc Guards as well. But there is another warrior type that he bred: Half-orcs or Goblin-men.

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Half-orc

Although most of them was slayed, some of them follow Saruman until 'Scouring of the Shire' or his death. They have used as spies and warriors like other mentioned forces of him. For completing the faction which driven by the books, I think they need be presented in the mod.

There are several options to implement them into the game:

Option 1: Adding into Minions of White Hand spell. Like the other units they are only temporary. After considering the balance, this is the easiest way.

Option 2: Searching an upgrade and recruit from or defend the Steelworks. Firstly upgrade can be Wizard's Tower from the spellbook, Saruman shows his might and hybridizates men and orcs, Deep Breeding. The other place for research Steelworks itself. Every other non-regular outposts recruits units for the prepare an army or defend itself, Steelwork is not. Obviously it has another role to be outpost but it also can be used as strategicly like this.

Option 3: After getting the one ring or searching an upgrade again, they have spawned by Saruman. They fight with the enemy out of controlled, nearby Saruman as personal guards.

Option 4: Unknown futured, non-interesting Bill Ferny summons them. The community does not like Isengard's scout hero, I assume. They make him interesting perhaps? Also historicaly they both have been in the same region.

This is a suggestion for Isengard which does not expected in 4.5 definitely. At the beginning if the community wants them in the game, they can be part of the mod. Maybe after that there can be found another place for half-orcs. But certainly it needs to discuss first. Please don't preserve your comments.