29. Mär 2024, 11:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: No CD Error  (Gelesen 2478 mal)

Pink Anderson

• Hobbit
No CD Error
« am: 3. Mär 2019, 11:08 »
Hi,

so for some reason the Edain launcher does not read the CD mini image from any software I use, it works normally when I run the RotWK executable.. So how does this work?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: No CD Error
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Mär 2019, 11:11 »
You might try starting Edain by using the Desktop Shortcut instead of the Launcher that can help.
Though if the error happens due to an illegal version of the game, we can't help you here.

Pink Anderson

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Mär 2019, 11:37 »
Now when you say desktop shortcut do you mean the RotWK shortcut? Because that probably doesn't run trough Edain and gives errors. Or is there a direct Edain game running shortcut that I can't find?
I have found out running the RotWK shortcut as an administrator will give me a no CD error whereas running it normally does not. So I guess that's where the problem with the launcher is coming from.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #3 am: 3. Mär 2019, 11:58 »
Yes, the normal RotWk shortcut. That should start Edain without any problems if you installed it correctly.

Pink Anderson

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 3. Mär 2019, 12:11 »
Ok I got confused because the RotWK shortcut gave me an error so I assumed it didn't run Edain properly. The problem was with some rohan music from 2.02 - I found someone dealing with this issue here on the forum and after deleting the music files it started up.
Thanks for the help