19. Apr 2024, 02:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game modes ideas  (Gelesen 1899 mal)

Max_Power

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Thain des Auenlandes
Game modes ideas
« am: 4. Apr 2019, 19:05 »
Hi everyone! I would like to start my first post in MU by thanking all the Edain Team for their amazing work and continued efforts in improving this wonderful game. I profoundly admire their determination, and imagination in delivering such a high quality mod.
So now, why am I writing? Well, while discussing balancing and game modes in Discord, I came up with an idea for game modes.
It seems difficult to reach a balance for the game that satisfies players that play against AI, players that like online team games or 1v1s. Could it be possible to implement some game modes that tweak the balance for each category?
I mostly play online 1v1, and don't consider myself that good in team games. I would like to hear what other more experienced players think.For example, do we really need different balance for 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3?. Are players that play against AI regularly concerned with balance?
I think it could be a nice way to improve balance in specific scenarios, and make all players even happier with the mod.
I look forward to your answers!!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Game modes ideas
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Apr 2019, 22:54 »
I was there with Max when he suggested this idea and it sounds really interest. I mostly play against the AI so the thought of being able to choose a game mode that makes it more fun by slightly tweaking the balance it really interesting.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Spartacus_

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Apr 2019, 09:27 »
Agree that this is a really interesting Idea. A lot of current game mod are underused imo, and that would be a very good implementation, that could please every ( most of them :D ) category of players. For example in the "vs AI mode" we could give a buff to mass slayer heroes or at cav in general, but for 1vs1 mode, we can reset the normal standar of balance. For team game , we can mass nerf archers (op in team game, not a big issue in 1vs1) and so on.

I don't know if this is possible in terms of feasibility, but i would like to see that
Join the Edain Challenge here : https://discord.gg/jvMVe4Y

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Apr 2019, 11:30 »
We already had some similar suggestions in the past but it is not no easy.
1.) There is a fixed amount of modes we can have in the game, so we can't just add new modes.
2.) We can't strengthen/weaken special parts of the game, only global. And spartacus... there is already a mode which is ( I believe) called  legendary heroes... All heroes are stronger in that mode. :P

Also I am not a big fan of changing things this way - For me it is important to understand the game and if I know that unit x can kill another unit y, I would feel somewhat cheated if this doesn't work while playing with more players.

Spartacus_

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Apr 2019, 11:45 »
Nice Gnomi :D, so i will never try that Mode :D
Join the Edain Challenge here : https://discord.gg/jvMVe4Y

Goodfella

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • *Insert something cool here*
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Apr 2019, 00:04 »
Also, even the very small multiplayer community cannot agree on balance. It's not just all the MP guys Vs all the AI guys in balance discussions.

It's the team guys Vs other team guys, who play in completely different circles.

It's one 1v1 guy Vs another 1v1 guy, who've never actually played each other

It's me Vs Spartacus who play(ed) everyday the same games and still didn't agree!

It's everyone Vs the guys who only play against medium AI   :P

It would work if there was a consensus for 1v1 MP but there isn't even that (and there will probs inevitably never be a full consensus).
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Apr 2019, 00:12 von Goodfella »
Euggghhh, I'm dead - Gildor 2017

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Apr 2019, 18:19 »
Well, I think you are going a bit too far^^
Of Course there are many balance problems we can't agree about. But there are also many things we have agreed about:
-Lolo eco is op
-Thorin III. is op
-fellbeasts vs Imla are op
-Thralls are stupid
-herospam is op (at least Angmars)

So not everything as bad as you would think after reading your post ;D

regardes
Seleukos I.

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Apr 2019, 21:58 »
I agree with Goodfellas post, there are just too many different opinions, preferences and playstyles. Just as an example, I personnally do not think that Thralls are stupid (yes, they could be a bit stronger, but Hillmen give pretty nice buffs for Carn-Dûm soldiers), and hero spam definitely is not OP in my opinion, since the only hero in the game with enough strength is Thorin III.  xD

So you see, Seleukos, not everyone agrees to the statements you listed.   :o 

But I am opposed to the idea of new game modes, simply because I'd like to keep the ones currently implemented. Also, Legendary Heroes can give you an idea about the glitches that might occur with "balance-modes", since sometimes at least the damage aspect (not sure about the armour) doesn't apply even if the mode is chosen.

Signed,
The Only True Witchking
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."