28. Mär 2024, 10:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New PC, how to set it up best for Edain and some minor modding?  (Gelesen 2641 mal)

Dark_Ansem

• Thain des Auenlandes
So, I got a new computer. How do you recommend to set everything up for playing the Edain mod and some minor modding?

Dark_Ansem

• Thain des Auenlandes
Any suggestion at all?

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Well, what exactly is your question? Since the BfME games are pretty old by now, there's not really much to say here^^

The game's engine can't make proper use of newer and more powerful hardware, so you can't really do much on that front. Modding doesn't require a lot of resources either (except maybe space on your harddrive), although it varies depending on what kind of modding you want to do. As for software, just... install the games, download and install Edain and have fun, same goes for modding and the tools you need to do it^^
If you want to get into multiplayer, you'll probably want to turn down the graphics to reduce lags (again, nothing you or we can do about it, the engine is just too old). Apart from that you'd need to be a bit more specific as I don't really know what your question is.

Dark_Ansem

• Thain des Auenlandes
Well, what exactly is your question? Since the BfME games are pretty old by now, there's not really much to say here^^

The game's engine can't make proper use of newer and more powerful hardware, so you can't really do much on that front. Modding doesn't require a lot of resources either (except maybe space on your harddrive), although it varies depending on what kind of modding you want to do. As for software, just... install the games, download and install Edain and have fun, same goes for modding and the tools you need to do it^^
If you want to get into multiplayer, you'll probably want to turn down the graphics to reduce lags (again, nothing you or we can do about it, the engine is just too old). Apart from that you'd need to be a bit more specific as I don't really know what your question is.

My question is, I want to do a little bit of BFME2 modding, and I am not sure how to restart.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Your first step should be downloading FinalBig, as you need it to access the game files. After that it depends on what you want to do^^
Taking a look a tutorials is always a good way to begin. A lot of modding is trial and error, so try to start changing things you'd like to change and see where you end up^^

Dark_Ansem

• Thain des Auenlandes
Your first step should be downloading FinalBig, as you need it to access the game files. After that it depends on what you want to do^^
Taking a look a tutorials is always a good way to begin. A lot of modding is trial and error, so try to start changing things you'd like to change and see where you end up^^

Thank you for your answers.
I mostly want to be able to extract 3d models, maybe even animations, from game files, to view them. How would that work?