28. Mär 2024, 22:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Eowyn's Stew  (Gelesen 2176 mal)

Max_Power

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Thain des Auenlandes
Eowyn's Stew
« am: 1. Okt 2019, 17:59 »
Hi Everyone! Shockingly as may be for many, a part of the members of the community is not happy with the way Eowyn is portrayed in the mod. Her specialization as hero-killer is fitting, nontheless feels a bit incomplete for her character and actions in the film.
After long thought, I decided that a strong reason for this was that her more iconic moment, that is, almost poisoning feeding Aragorn with home made Stew, was not represented in the faction.
My first idea was replacing Rohan's heal with "Eowyn's Stew" spellbook power, which would do the same but with a much cooler description and button image. Since new spellbooks want to avoid such repetitive spells (the eagles are coming!!)  [ugly], I thought that we could replace the otherwise exceptionally useful disguise ability with "Eowyn's stew". That ability would place a permanent stew cauldron in the battlefield (like Bombur's), for troops enjoyment and refreshment, acting as a well and maybe providing leadership.
That would adress several balance issues and more importantly, bring new life into Rohan's heroine.
Please let me know what you think ;)

Firímar

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Audaces fortuna juvat!
Re: Eowyn's Stew
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Okt 2019, 19:21 »
Great idea dude!  But it would be much more interesting to change the cure (the stew does not seem to be really healthy). It can be used like a normal healing spell, but has the peculiarity of weakening enemy units (similar to the Raven Spell.)
Meine eigene Tower Wars (natürlich die beste, die es gibt :P https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,36956.0.html )

Lust auf Edain Special Maps? Schau mal bei mir auf YT vorbei: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDYsaWTY6ReeDFGd3vcsrsw

Join noch heute dem Edain MP Discord! https://discord.com/invite/KwJgPPWmUy

Max_Power

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Okt 2019, 19:27 »
Well, in that case a poison aura effect should be added instead. I mean, we either embrace the Stew as the most nutritive food in Middle Earth or we recognize its lethal, poisonous potential when almost killing Aragorn. But not both.

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Okt 2019, 21:16 »
Very good and well thought idea. I can see you've put much effort in this concept and I can assure you that I'm strongly for this idea. It's nearly perfecly reflects Eowyn's true nature as an amazing housemaid. But to be trully lore-accurate I would suggest for it to have debuff for Aragorn when he is near the stew as he certainly wasn't pleased by its taste.