[en] The Prancing Pony > Other

Arnor as a standalone faction

<< < (2/2)

FG15:

--- Zitat ---I don't know if I understand correctly. Numenorian armor is suppose to be enough upgrade to match other factions' late game armies. On the other hand there will be Dunedain craftmanship which would allow for more tactical thinking. Forged blades and fire arrows would be normaly obtainable. If player would need support of some heavier units there would always be lindon warriors.
--- Ende Zitat ---
I understood the concept as that there is only 1 standard upgrade, which is banner carriers.
Additionally, there is either Numenorian Armor or Dunedain Craftsmanship, which are exclusive and are a better version of Forged Blades and Heavy Armor.

kmogon:

--- Zitat ---I understood the concept as that there is only 1 standard upgrade, which is banner carriers
--- Ende Zitat ---

I was inspired by the Twins skill to choose their fate of elven warriors or denedain allies. So you could upgrade your units normaly apart form armor which would have two options of going for heavy armored army or more stealthed but deadlier one.

I was also thinking  that Arnor fate system could also affect heroes - changing their stats and skills in some way.
On the other note I was also thinking about more extreme way of showing what have the playera choosen but I can assume that it will be hard to implement.

Player's castle would start the game with literally ruined walls. And that's would be to the timeline of Arnor being nearly destroyed by Angmar by this time. Once player would go for recreating the Kingdom of Arnor it would be lotteraly rebuild. The ruins would dissapear and fully walkable walls would appear. On the other hand if the player would go for Dunedain path the ruins would be filled with skilled rangers ready to hold the base against enemies.
But I'm pretty sure that would be hard one to implement if not impossible.

FG15:
Changing the base is pretty complicated and I haven't really that much experience with that yet. But I guess, letting the walls automatically be destroyed at the start could work. This way they could be rebuild.

OakenShield224:
Hello everyone! So after reading this concept by kmogon a few months ago and talking a lot about the idea of a stand-alone Arnor on the Edain Discord server, I decided to take a shot at making my own concept for the faction.

I understand that the ET most likely have their own plans and ideas for what the final two factions would be. I don't expect mine to be fully accepted but hopefully some ideas would get through. And even if it doesn't, well it was a fun and interesting challenge for me to consider how the faction would work to make it unique from Gondor and to suit the style of 4.5.x.

I'd be curious to see what you all think about it, especially considering some of the weird ideas that I've included in it. Big thanks to Necro, Julio and kmogon for helping me out with various discussions and ideas.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/156Vh0GiYwEWBVYlwQ5GaXbO84LS4kYys/view

Edit: just updated the document so it includes a new idea for the settlement resource structures.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln