29. Mär 2024, 09:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: We need silmarillion sub mod ? Is it possible ?  (Gelesen 1911 mal)

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
Hi, about 40 people around me are playing edain mod. We all have a crazy idea in common.A sub-mode with first, second and third age characters and all races would be great. Can something like this be done? We all really need something like this.Isn't that a great idea?

For example: Gondor, Rohan, Noldor, sindar,Ainur, elendil, Silvan Elves, Dwarves, Eriador, Dale, Isengard, Mordor, Rhun, Harad Orcs of the Misty Mountains goblin etc.. 
chrc: FIGWIT, , TAURİEL, GİL-GALAD, FİNGOLFİN, FEONER, LÚTHİEN, FINROD FELAGUND - TURGON - GALDOR - GWINDOR - BELEG CÚTHALION - MABLUNG - GLORFINDEL - ECTHELION - ERESTOR - MAEDHROS - AEGNOR VE ANGROD

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
Re: We need silmarillion sub mod ? Is it possible ?
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Dez 2019, 16:49 »
Hello. Edain team is focusing on it's own project and they probably are not going to make any submods. In most cases submods are made by fans so if you want you can try to learn modding stuff and make that submod by yourself - there are plenty of guides on how to get started with modding.
It's very nice to see that there is so many people playing the mod. If you want to can join unnoficial discord server where you can manage games between players and talk about the mod.
Here you have a link for it
http://discord.gg/ScMNJnM

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Dez 2019, 16:56 »
Hello. Edain team is focusing on it's own project and they probably are not going to make any submods. In most cases submods are made by fans so if you want you can try to learn modding stuff and make that submod by yourself - there are plenty of guides on how to get started with modding.
It's very nice to see that there is so many people playing the mod. If you want to can join unnoficial discord server where you can manage games between players and talk about the mod. Thank you for the invitation. I signed up.
Here you have a link for it
http://discord.gg/ScMNJnM

Thank you very much, you are very kind. This is the best mode. This is really the best game. I understand, but fan-making is still not as perfect as yours. Can Edain 4.5 also have innovations like the one above? It would be tremendous if such innovations come into play. Because no other mode or game that I do not count. Yes, I actually tried to make a sub-mode myself, but I failed. Because the work of the expert is really different with the work of amateur. I'm curious about coding but it's pretty mediocre. lol

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Dez 2019, 17:10 »
Hey,
nice to hear that you like our mod. :)
Just a few small marks:
1.) Edain is purely a third age mod. All factions follow a special timeline. Gondor, Rohan, Isengard and Mordor are around the war of the ring +- a few years, Ered Luin is set around 80 years earlier, when Smaug was killed and so on.
Especially in a faction, we want some "logic". Of course you will always be able to fight Gondor vs Gondor vs Rohan in a skirmish. But if you just look at Gondor, there are just heroes who lived at that exact time. There were no "grand grand grand grand grand fathers", who died before the other heroes were born. We don't want Isildur and Aragorn fight side by side in the same faction, as it would always seem not right.
Angmar and Arnor are also set in a very specific time window. Yes, Angmar and Arnor are many hundred years before the war of the ring, but it is still the third age AND looking at Angmar and Arnor on its own, the time window is really small.

2.) Other ages are really difficult to combine with the third age.
In the first age there were "normal" human beings, who crushed hundreds of trolls without any problems. The strength and balance of heroes and races would be completely off.
Imagine having a hero who killed hundreds of trolls on his own (and is just a human being) and right beside him you have Aragorn, the strongest hero of the war of the ring, who lead a whole army who died to... orcs. Oh, he also didn't manage to 1vs1 a troll...
I think you notice the problem.

3.) Every new faction needs a ton of work. Completely new units, buildings and heroes... Just having names is not enough. Getting names is the easy part, but creating models for them and designing their gameplay would get really hard. Of course we can just give them standard spells like "makes units stronger and heals them" or "makes units faster" or "deals damage", but if you compare it to our current factions, you might notice a difference in complexity. Those factions would actually be really boring and similar to Bfme II just copies of each other. Hence it would take a ton of time.

4.) There is a maximum of possible factions. We can just add 3 more AIs (2, if we subtract misty mountains). All additional factions willl not have an AI.

We won't stop anyone from doing it... but we sadly don't have time for that.(and our priorities are currently at other things like finishing 4.5 and afterwards adding misty mountains^^)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Dez 2019, 17:57 »
May I just remind that whoever might be interested in taking matters in their own hands and showcasing personal plans or ideas for fan-made modifications, can present the community with structured proposals on Discord, or in non-Edain boards likewise. Winning the public's support and permission from the team would be solely dependent on third-party work, instead of burdening progress on the forthcoming patch unnecessarily.

Conversely, if it is lore that one wants to debate, the gates of the Lord of the Rings section are always left wide open to welcome new community members :)

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Dez 2019, 18:08 »
Hey,
nice to hear that you like our mod. :)
Just a few small marks:
1.) Edain is purely a third age mod. All factions follow a special timeline. Gondor, Rohan, Isengard and Mordor are around the war of the ring +- a few years, Ered Luin is set around 80 years earlier, when Smaug was killed and so on.
Especially in a faction, we want some "logic". Of course you will always be able to fight Gondor vs Gondor vs Rohan in a skirmish. But if you just look at Gondor, there are just heroes who lived at that exact time. There were no "grand grand grand grand grand fathers", who died before the other heroes were born. We don't want Isildur and Aragorn fight side by side in the same faction, as it would always seem not right.
Angmar and Arnor are also set in a very specific time window. Yes, Angmar and Arnor are many hundred years before the war of the ring, but it is still the third age AND looking at Angmar and Arnor on its own, the time window is really small.

2.) Other ages are really difficult to combine with the third age.
In the first age there were "normal" human beings, who crushed hundreds of trolls without any problems. The strength and balance of heroes and races would be completely off.
Imagine having a hero who killed hundreds of trolls on his own (and is just a human being) and right beside him you have Aragorn, the strongest hero of the war of the ring, who lead a whole army who died to... orcs. Oh, he also didn't manage to 1vs1 a troll...
I think you notice the problem.

3.) Every new faction needs a ton of work. Completely new units, buildings and heroes... Just having names is not enough. Getting names is the easy part, but creating models for them and designing their gameplay would get really hard. Of course we can just give them standard spells like "makes units stronger and heals them" or "makes units faster" or "deals damage", but if you compare it to our current factions, you might notice a difference in complexity. Those factions would actually be really boring and similar to Bfme II just copies of each other. Hence it would take a ton of time.

4.) There is a maximum of possible factions. We can just add 3 more AIs (2, if we subtract misty mountains). All additional factions willl not have an AI.

We won't stop anyone from doing it... but we sadly don't have time for that.(and our priorities are currently at other things like finishing 4.5 and afterwards adding misty mountains^^)

I'm 30 years old, and this is the only game I play for 3 hours a day. Yes we absolutely love the game. =)  I read your message enthusiastically. I read what you wrote, you're absolutely right. I've never thought about that before. You really have a professional perspective. It takes long time and long labor. Maybe in the future. 4.5 We look forward to your excitement.

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Dez 2019, 18:09 »
May I just remind that whoever might be interested in taking matters in their own hands and showcasing personal plans or ideas for fan-made modifications, can present the community with structured proposals on Discord, or in non-Edain boards likewise. Winning the public's support and permission from the team would be solely dependent on third-party work, instead of burdening progress on the forthcoming patch unnecessarily.

Conversely, if it is lore that one wants to debate, the gates of the Lord of the Rings section are always left wide open to welcome new community members :)

Okay, thank you. I'il be more careful. =) thanks again.