16. Apr 2024, 11:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Cannot locate the DVD ROM error  (Gelesen 4357 mal)

BertTRP

• Hobbit
Cannot locate the DVD ROM error
« am: 14. Dez 2019, 10:03 »
Dear all,

I've tried all the possible solutions, but i can't get EDAIN to work. ROTWK works like a charm on my system, but everytime i try to launch EDAIN i get the above error.

I'm running WIN10, i don't use an inernal INTEL video card, i have all original DVD's of BFME II and ROTWK, i've updated the frist to 1.06 and the second to 2.1 and i also clicked the "Fix non starting games" in the launcher.
I already tried re-installing.
I already tried launching with and without administrator rights.

All non-modded games works fine, but when i try to launch EDAIN, i get the NO DVD error, even if i launch directly from the ROTWK icon or executable. I'm running out of options. Anyone who could help?

Thx!
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Dez 2019, 10:07 von BertTRP »

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
Re: Cannot locate the DVD ROM error
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Dez 2019, 10:51 »
What Edain did you install exactly?
Have you updated it to 4.4.1?

Have you looked at your "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" folder?
There should be a folder called "maps", and a file "options.ini" in there after you install Edain. Normally, if the game runs fine, the mod shouldn't mess with this, but I can't think of much else that could cause your problem.
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

Captain Jin

• Bilbos Festgast
  • By the blood of our people is your land kept safe.
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Jan 2020, 03:54 »
If I can piggy back on this thread and forgive me for necro-ing, but I'm also having the same issue. I've gone to the folder you listed, however I do have everything in there. Map Previews, Maps, RealTimeStats.ini, Options.ini, Skirmish.ini, etc. No clue what could be causing this issue, even after reinstalling and triple checking everything.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Jan 2020, 04:11 »
Do you guys actually have the DVD in your disk drive?

Captain Jin

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Jan 2020, 09:42 »
Yes, the dvd-rom is in the disk drive. I can launch RotWK from the disk, but not Edain

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Jan 2020, 10:01 »
Try to run edain via rotwk icon. Make sure your not running it as administrator.

Captain Jin

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 29. Jan 2020, 17:31 »
Alright, panic mode on my end. Now nothing (not even BFME2 vanilla) is opening either with the disk or the .iso mount. Obviously this isn't an issue caused by Edain, so I'm running back to troubleshooting and googling for now. Ty for the help given, though. Would appreciate any further assistance if anyone knows what could be causing it outside of the usual causes.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2020, 20:03 von Captain Jin »