29. Mär 2024, 14:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: After reinstalling ROTWK, game doesn't start  (Gelesen 4021 mal)

Glemli

• Bilbos Festgast
After reinstalling ROTWK, game doesn't start
« am: 26. Dez 2019, 16:19 »
Hi everyone

I have done the stupid thing of uninstalling ROTWK because I wasn't able to switch from the Age of the Ring mod back to Edain. So I uninstalled everything.

Now, I am perfectly able to install ROTWK with the original DVD, but after it is installed, the game doesn't start. I can click on it and it seems to get started. I get the starting-screen for a while, but it doesn't continue to the full-screen introduction...

Can anyone please help me?

I have been playing BFME and Edain for years and years, and it would be terrible if I can't play it anymore...

Thanks!
Glemli

Fíli

• Edain Betatester
  • Wächter Caras Galadhons
Re: After reinstalling ROTWK, game doesn't start
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Dez 2019, 16:27 »
Did you use the "Fix Non-Starting Games"-Button in the "Options & Tools"-Section of the Edain Mod Launcher after reinstalling?
Vielen Dank an CMG für das tolle Banner und den tollen Avatar! :)

Caun

• Rohirrim
  • Come on! Shoot faster! Just a little bit of energy
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Dez 2019, 16:31 »
Hi Glemli,

Could be the Appdata bug.  BFME cant create some files in the
"C:\Users\"name"\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" folder.
You can create them by yourself   
-  Maps   Folder
-  options.ini    textfile

or you can use the bfme startup Fixer by Turin
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,33260.0.html

Glemli

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Dez 2019, 11:54 »
Hey!

Thanks for the advice, I have already solved the problem. Found it online: by installing the 2.02 patch and disabling it in the switcher, the game started and Edain worked as well. The only thing is that not everything looks the way it should, e.g. the buttons of my Powers and Settings in a game are a bit misplaced.

But I can play again, which is the most important part! :D

Thanks again!