28. Mär 2024, 10:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: "New" Hero for Isengard  (Gelesen 1996 mal)

GreatGobbo

• Hobbit
"New" Hero for Isengard
« am: 10. Jan 2020, 22:08 »
Isengard is lacking both heroes and buildings compaired to Mordor, thus ive come with a solution!
Right now Isengard only have the option to build an Outpost or Steelworks on the outpost spaces.
I offer something old/new, the "Red Eye alliegence" outpost which comes with some orc lumberers and looks like a little camp with tents, bonefires and such.
A camp of either orcs and uruks mixed or only orcs.

From the camp you can recruit orc lumberers which gather gather lumber to the camp, cheap orc troops with the "cannibalism" ability, and Grishnákh as a permanent hero (again).

Grishnákh abilities:

Skill 1 - Lurking (Active)
Meld into a unit of infantry, giving Grishnákh boosted hp regeneration and making him invisible, but still sharing his passive abilities.

Skill 2 - Do they give good sport? (Active)
Get bonus movement, damage and vision on target enemy hero.

Skill 3 - Orc Captain (passive)
Grishnákh and friendly orcs within range gets a bonus to attack and defence, this bonus is doubled when you outnumber enemies.

Skill 4 - Resilient Orc (passive)
When Grishnákh reaches 0hp he will be invulnerable for 5 sec and then gain 1 hp (60 sec cooldown)

This is my answer to the outpost/hero crisis!

Im very bad at naming abilities so feel free to give suggestions on that or anything for that matter!

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
Re: "New" Hero for Isengard
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Jan 2020, 16:18 »
Hello and welcome to the MU! :)
Your suggestion is quite interessting in my opinion, but I don't really see the need of this change.
Your two main arguments are:
Zitat
Isengard is lacking both heroes and buildings […]
And I can't really agree on either of those two.
Isengard has 7 recruitable heroes (Bill, Grima, Sharku, Lurtz, Ugluk, Saruman and Wulfgar). Gondor for example has 8 (Pippin, Beregond, Denethor, Boromir, Aragorn, Gandalf, Faramir and Imrahil), Rohan has 7 and the iron hills have only 5.
So I don't really see why Isengard is lacking heroes.
Same goes for outposts: only Mordor has more outpost alternatives, every other faction has two (Angmar has only one).

Furthermore I don't see what function this new outpost would have in Isengards gameplay. Is it meant as an addition to the eg? And what would be the use of this orc troops? You already have Wildmen and scouts, both are really strong in the eg if used correctly. A third unit, locked behind an outpost (you didn't say a price yet, but I'm sure it would be rather expensive in the eg) wouldn't find that much use I think.

On top of that you have to keep in mind, that Grishnak is already implemented in the spellbook and this spell will get reworked in 4.5. So you will be able to see him ingame several times.

Also this outpost wouldn't make too much sense from a lore point of view. Isengard and Mordor were no real allies, so a spell is better fitting for Grishnak as well.

Best regardes,
Seleukos I.

PS. This is not meant to be rude or negative in any other way :)

GreatGobbo

• Hobbit
Re: "New" Hero for Isengard
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Jan 2020, 13:56 »
Thanks for the reply!
Dont worry, your comment is far from rude, on the opposite, its one of the kindest and most wellthought ive gotten about this. (been ranting about Grishnákh on discord)

All of your points are good and I will adress them one at a time, starting from the top;

1. My hopes are that all of the playable factions get as much material as possible, to enhance every match and give the player more options to choose from. Id want all factions to get expanded hero and outpost options (as long as its not forced).

2. Great point!
My thought was to have the "Orc Outpost" be the cheapest outpost option and for it to work exactly like a lumbermill but with the added features of patroling orcs around and being able to buy cheap infantry and archers which both have low command point cost, and have Grishnákh have the role of "Outpost guarding" hero.
A guarded income "place" in short.

This is to implement the lore part of Uruk-hai and orcs working together but not to close, and also expand on the "destroying forest" part.

However, maybe it should just become an option for the ordinary lumbermill?
A lumbermill without a camp outside of nowere doesnt make sense to me though :p

3. About Grishnákh already being implemented in the spellbook, I dont really like timed summons, because they take away some immerson.
With that I mean how it right now just appears alot of soldiers out of a cloud of smoke, and then vanishes the same way after a while, in my opinion this only works if they really are summoned magical beings.

This opens up for another path, the orc outpost could be permanent a summon working like the one in Mordor where you can recruit a Nazgul hero and some units.
Thus reducing its cost to 0.

With this said, I dont want any hero to be a time limited summon, I think they should live until they die, with the exception of strong or special ones like the Balrog or the watcher.

Also Mauhúrs head is halved :(

Thank you again for your reply, and feel free to talk to me whenever!

Regards,
The Great Gobbo!