[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Discussion and Feedback

Edain 4.5: General Feedback

(1/8) > >>

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades:
As always, we're eager to hear what you think of the version, which parts you like especially and which parts could use improvement!

Aranruth:
Excited to be the first on this thread to congratulate the Edain Team for their great work on 4.5!!!  :)

One question on Imladris: I seem to recall a discussion(and believe I read it on the Edain Mod Wiki less than a week ago) about 4.5 bringing a new siege unit to the people of Rivendell, but I see that didn't end up happening...

Does anyone else recall this being brought up, and if my memory did not fail me, maybe the Edain Team could shed some light on the reasoning behind not doing so? I get that they have two in the loremaster and catapult, but I certainly would have liked to see a third thrown in there  xD

Would love to hear the reasoning behind not going that route though. Edain Team seems to know what they're doing, after all  ;)

Mr.Todd:
Hello Edain Team  :) I repost my comment here, I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, I have a lot of things to say about 4.5!
After more than 3 hours of games I can tell you that I am very happy with the result.
The AI is amazing, very hard and smart even in medium, the balance is at the top, I am happy to see that my army is not slaughtered in few seconds by a defensive tower, it's a good point! Most of the heroes are now super well balanced, the price changes are very significant. The new spells are also very good, very strategic, it's perfect.
Regarding the economic system, it is very well thought, and the idea of ​​putting an active defense capacity in resource structures is genius.
I have some generals comments for you, I think the update time for the forged tools is a bit long, and maybe too expensive in the library, and the begining of the game for Imladris is not easy without Erestor's help because Imladris units are exepensive. I also have the impression that some spells last now too long: the army of the dead for example, they stay a long time on the battflield and our army has no chance of survival.
Concerning the balance it is very good but I find that the Ash ents do enormous damage to farms, in two hits they can destroy a level 3 farm. Regarding the Isengard I would have liked Saruman to be able to have 100% magical dammage as Gandalf but it doesn't matter.
Apart from these few details it is a pleasure to play !!

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades:

--- Zitat von: Aranruth am 26. Jan 2020, 04:59 ---I get that they have two in the loremaster and catapult, but I certainly would have liked to see a third thrown in there  xD

--- Ende Zitat ---
They can also build rams from the Dunedain outpost, so they already are at three^^
If any improvements need to be made, it'll probably be Loremasters.

kreso:
Hello Edain team,

I'm here just to say BIG THANK YOU for your work and dedication to the mod. Really nice to see some ideas from fans came trough, even few of my own.
It is early to give some tweaks, but surely I will play mod offline/online to give feedbacks. This is almost new mod, not a patch hahaha.
As Imladris main, one thing that I think it could be problematic is economy, not sure that Erestor late game could be implemented very effectively since they have strongest late game of all factions. Imladris had relatively bad early game in previous patch (creeping only one camp at the time, weak scout hero in terms of stats, very expensive pikes to own map against cavalry). Even putting Erestor with lvl 2 Library will not help early game, because it was main thing for Imladris early game. Not sure yet how strong the economy is after Library change, maybe it is even stronger than in the previous patch. Good thing You reduce micro economy with this change it is good for casual play. In some match ups (like Mordor to counter orc spam or Rohan to counter cavalry spam) I want to spam soldiers in early game and I used Erestor to buff production but that is gone now. Not effective to go double racks in the main, especially with less plots than the others. Please take care of that. Maybe reducing production time for 20%?

Usual path was build one forge and get very early upgrades and buff that forge for resources. This was secure way to transition from early game to mid game, where Imladris shine.

That thing in the new patch when you get Library you also get forge lvl 2 and upgrades is crucial thing.

Thank You one more time, hopefully there is still player base around mod.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln