29. Mär 2024, 00:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.5: General Feedback  (Gelesen 11184 mal)

ZipeviL

• Hobbit
Re: Edain 4.5: General Feedback
« Antwort #15 am: 2. Mär 2020, 14:31 »
Greetings
Now i will be honest i have no idea how much time i have invested into this mod, i'm sure it is an unhealthy amount of time.
That how much i loved it .
I never used to play with other factions but in edain every faction was so different that it intrigued me enough to try out some of the other ones and i really enjoyed it.
Now after countless hours and anticipation for the next update it finally came
HOWEVER man i was disappointed .
I have been playing 4.5 since the release day and i've been trying to understand the new changes and "improvements" but so far its going nowhere for me.
The economy update seems decent enough , the power tree is very nice indeed although some powers i feel are underwhelming but man the siege, its atrocious.
One catapult is all it takes to win the game now for the AI opponent, that's it.
Reducing the command points was also devastating ,while increasing the CP cost of most heroes?Why?
So many unnecessary changes in my opinion but the fact is i'm not having fun with it anymore.
And so 4.5 was mediocre at best for me.
Then 4.5.2 came out and Angmar is unplayable now.
Just from a few games in 4.5.2 i came to the conclusion that someone must really dislike angmar and someone else really likes rohan.
And so in angmar :

wights were already nerfed unreasonably in  4.5 and  in 4.5.2 are completely useless
they were already super slow and now they don't even damage cavalry? yet i bet beornings STILL destroy whatever they come across be it buildings units or heroes without breaking any sweat.
On the other hand angmars sorcerers stayed the same as did the factions' leader which makes him the most underpowered and uninteresting hero to use.
the only useful skill he has is his horse so he can Run Away from every fight, yeah.
and many many more  and lastly rohans new favorite unit is :

C A T A P U L T S

which when they hit angmars towers they hit 2-3 buildings at once(a tower,a resource or unit building and the camps walls).

As i said at the beginning i'm being honest here and while 4.4.1 had a bunch of issues i feel i was having much more fun .

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #16 am: 2. Mär 2020, 14:48 »
Hello and welcome to the forums  :)

Feedback is always welcome but before anybody responds to yours I would like to point out that Edain is primarily balanced for PvP games, even when it is sometimes at the detriment of PvE games. The changes in 4.5 were aimed at making PvP, specifically 1v1, more balanced, please keep this in mind while providing feedback. As the AI cheats heavily and doesn't possess the skill of a player it can make it harder to play against them, you may have to change the way you played against the AI to adapt to the new 4.5 balance. Also, when providing feedback, make sure to be specific, you mentioned that you felt certain powers were underwhelming, which powers specifically and why did they feel underwhelming?

A final note, the Team has mentioned they are unhappy with the current Witch-King of Angmar and they will be overhauling him at some point alongside the central power of Angmar. If you have any ideas on how to improve him that you feel are in line with Edain's general design philosophy make sure to write them down too.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #17 am: 2. Mär 2020, 15:48 »
First of all, thanks for the honest feedback. I assume you are reffering to the bugged economy of Angmar when you're saying it's unplayable; we released a hotfix that solves this issue. You can read about it here. Simply update your game through the Edain launcher and the bug should be fixed. There are a few points I'd like to point out however:

Wights weren't nerfed. If anything, they are more attractive now due to the changes to their lairs. In fact, several players have been using them to great effect and even suggested a price increase.
Angmar's sorcerers didn't stay the same, their abilities got buffed. Corpse Rain, just to give you an example, does more damage now.
Catapults do half the damage to your fortress compared to 4.4.1 due to the citadel bonus. Defensive wall catapults are now an amazing option to fight them because they deal increased damage to single targets.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #18 am: 4. Mai 2020, 14:20 »
I'm writing here, but the post can be evetually moved in the specific Dain and the One Ring feedback thread as soon as will be created:

Hi ET,

I have no words, of course to describe how happy i am :) Our proposal has finally seen the light and be implemented. Wow. Beside reitroducing an old character which the most of the community is fond of, the theme of the last king of the dwarves and his Khazad-Dûm quest is a wonderful lore addion.

The required tasks are even simpler, in my opinion, with respect to the original suggestion. So in the end the whole mechanic should not be so complicated during game, but i rely to the words of testers on the matter :)
Really like the reintroduction of the old Mithril Workshop by the way :)

Furthermore, i can read a "4.5 - logic" behind the design of Durin VII mechanic:

- if the player want to play in a fast and aggressive way without completing the tasks, still a valuable set of abilities can be exploited, even if with reduced effect. All of this at the cost of let Durin VII gaining experience by his own in the middle of the battle, taking some risk. Also, being careful about powerful enemy heroes that could kill him easely at low levels.

- if the player has a long term tactic and will endure completing the missions, the results will be rewarding brining back all the ancient might of the Forefathers.

So, both short and long term strategies are possible :)

Few questions for you, will Durin lost all his experince once is killed? (i probably forgot to mention this issue in the suggestion). I suppose yes. That would be a point in favor of balance, eving an extra-hero at our side. It was also like this in past versions for Durin I,am i right?

Also, second question, how exactly will work the Mithril Workshop? It unlocks the Mithril Coat avoiding to use the system camp.+Veterans?

Concerning Dain Ironfoot, the new temper is far more interesting than before in my humble opinion, and it was needed after the rework. Scorched Earth ability seems devasting but has to be used carefully, while is great the way you bring back Vendetta, which evokes the slain of Azog in the Battle of Azanulbizar.

To conclude, i'd like to thank  everyone in the community who participated in the debate and helped to implement the proposal of Durin VII. And of course you, ET.
This is the umpteenth proof that you always care about fans and their ideas.

It's another beam of light that breaks through the toxic fog that some "fans" have spread along this four years, mostly on moddb.

Looking forward to play 4.5.3.

Keep up the good work for what is to come

Sincerely grateful

Aulë

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #19 am: 4. Mai 2020, 15:05 »
I'm glad you like it xD

Durin will start over at level one if he dies in battle, yes.

After building the Mithril Workshop, you'll no longer need to send veterans into your forge to unlock the Mithril Mail for your heroes, exactly. Afterwards, the Workshop can build additional mines to generate lots and lots of money, you can see those in the last picture.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #20 am: 27. Jun 2020, 19:16 »
I'm not sure where to react to the many news we've received this week concerning 4.5.3, so I'll write my feedback here.

I'm very much looking forward to the new version regarding new changes and balance modifications. In particular the new settlements of Gondor, spellbook balance, the new variant spell mechanics (so cool!), the Overseer spell in the front row, splitting the Forged Tools upgrade, a bit more income during games, varying buildcosts for settlements and new heroes recruitment mechanics. I welcome all these changes!

Some questions/concerns:

1) Have you considered tweaking the Gondor barrage spell? It makes my computer very laggy even early in the game. Fro what it's worth, I also find this spell a bit out of place.

2) If anything it looks like you have nerfed Lorien spellbook even though it was already commonly considered as the weakest spellbook among the PvP community.  In particular the second defensive spell is a bit redundant with the central spell and its mechanism feels off. What is your opinion ?

3) Is there any consequence of increasing the in game camera height regarding lags ?

Thank you for your time.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #21 am: 27. Jun 2020, 19:50 »
Zitat
3) Is there any consequence of increasing the in game camera height regarding lags ?

If you are talking about 1sv1, you will notice basically 0 difference, as nearly all of the 1vs1 maps already had a height of 550-600.
Otherwise increasing the camera height will obviously always interfere with things like game smoothness, but most other bigger mods also had a much higher camera than Edain had, so it will not be completely new terrain for all of us. :)
But as we said in the article: Such things can only be tested on a larger scale and we will adjust the height according to the feedback we receive.^^

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #22 am: 27. Jun 2020, 20:59 »
Some questions/concerns:

1) Have you considered tweaking the Gondor barrage spell? It makes my computer very laggy even early in the game. Fro what it's worth, I also find this spell a bit out of place.

2) If anything it looks like you have nerfed Lorien spellbook even though it was already commonly considered as the weakest spellbook among the PvP community.  In particular the second defensive spell is a bit redundant with the central spell and its mechanism feels off. What is your opinion ?
  • Not really until now, I haven't heard of the lag problem before. Is this something others have encountered as well?
  • I think the dwarven spellbook was usually considered to be even weaker :D
    I personally feel that the offensive tree is incredibly powerful, Radagast and the Queen of Twilight have enormous destructive potential and the Arrow Volley can be used in some really nice wombo-comboes. Tauriel is often underrated, she's fantastic against high-value targets, and with the Blessing now working as intended in 4.5.3 (it used to bug out a lot before) and the changes to the River, the long-term spelltree should be quite a bit stronger as well. What would you change about Refuge in the Woods?

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #23 am: 27. Jun 2020, 23:49 »
Guess I have a wooden computer.  :(

The main issue I encounter with Refuge in the Woods is actually using it. Sometimes I can't even click on trees which are just in front of my base. It's like I have to move the cursor over one specific pixel otherwise nothing happens. Also I believe there is no clear indicator whether or not the tree is too far from the base. As you will agree you can't afford wasting precious seconds in real time strategy games.

Or perhaps I have been too dumb to use it. Any tips ?

"That still only counts as one!"

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #24 am: 28. Jun 2020, 12:32 »
We'll see if we can make some tweaks to the spell to make the placement easier, it definitely shouldn't be so tedious to use.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #25 am: 29. Jun 2020, 01:13 »
Graphism in Edain 4.5.3 are beautiful. That's put a real good atmosphere in the game.
The new system of wells "reinforcements" based on feedbacks is really nice.

But there is 2 remarks I would like to say :

For each factions, there is a difference between camp start and castle start except for one faction : Isengard.
Isengard is really a "camp start" faction, it has a very good camp, but the castle is just the same thing with more buildplot (8 instead of 6 but every factions get more builplots in castle start).
Mordor has aditionnal buildplots to use in castle start. All the factions with wall have a clear advantage in Siege defence.

That's a sign of unbalance in my opinion. If the game is balanced in camp start, then in castle start, Isengard which get no bonus compared to other factions is logically disadvantaged.

Maybe there are some way to make feel this is castle start even for Isengard. I had thought of making the big Warg sentry (3 wargs) available again in the main buildplots only in castle start but maybe there are other ways if this one is not chosen.

Another remark, a trivial thing maybe, but heroic statues are not available in camp start for Gondor, but are available for Rohan. Why all the Heroic statues are not then bannished from camp start ?

Thanks Edain for this new version. The economic system was good but it is now even better (it seems so after one day).

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #26 am: 1. Jul 2020, 11:45 »
Looks amazing, I love the new icons for units and building.
I tried Isengard and Gondor for now.
It is a good idea to give rangers back to archery.
It's a bit weird that heroes are not centralized anymore but it's just the time to get used to it. And makes more sense.
Thank you for you hard work making this mod an ultimate must have.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Jul 2020, 21:51 von Palpou »

EgyptRaider

• Hobbit
« Antwort #27 am: 29. Aug 2020, 13:23 »
Hi all,

I recently discovered this mod and the experience so far has been so so so amazing! I really applaud you all for the dedication to this project and all the beautiful designs both graphic and gameplay-wise.

Going through the game I encountered some thing text-wise that I thought I could provide some feedback on (not sure it would rather be bug reports). Mostly I encountered some typos or weird capitalisations in the map descriptions. I could provide a list of them or send an image file with all the screepcaptures of it -- in case anyone is interested in doing something with it :)

Furthermore I noticed some German 'slips' here and there -- most notibly in the integrated costum hero who has Heerfuhrer in his name, and the fact that at least one costum hero (the Elven lord) speaks German when brought in the game.

Finally, I was wondering how much you want/can mod the AI? I think I've read in a couple of places that it's quite hard. So is it a thing to give feedback on in general?

That's it -- again all the kudos and can't wait for all the announced updates!!

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #28 am: 29. Aug 2020, 13:51 »
Hey, thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it.

Typos or text bugs in general you can just post in the bug threads here, there are different threads for each faction.

You can leave any AI feedback here and we'll see what we can do.

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #29 am: 28. Sep 2020, 17:29 »
I know the Mod is generally balanced for PvP but is there any way to have the AI use all the powers in the Spellbooks? I play coop with my brother vs Brutal AI's but they don't seem to use much against us.