28. Mär 2024, 20:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.5: General Feedback  (Gelesen 11177 mal)

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Edain 4.5: General Feedback
« Antwort #30 am: 28. Sep 2020, 20:44 »
Maybe not all but probably some more? To be honest I do think that they are using more then enough powers already. Especially when playing against multiple AIs (like 2vs3 or 2vs2vs2vs2 or something) it really makes more fun to me to only fight the armies and not the spells, especially when things like 2 earthquakes can destroy your whole base without you being able to counter it.
On the other hand, if so badly wanted it could be changed to a way, where only brutal AI uses them and hard AI doesn't while not being worse in other ways.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #31 am: 28. Sep 2020, 23:38 »
"Balancing" is done for pvp because the AI is not human and therefore doesn't play like a human, creating an inherent imbalance in pve gameplay. That doesn't mean that we aren't constantly working on improving the AI or the pve experience in general. The two aren't mutually exclusive^^

When I play vs the AI, they use pretty much all the spells barring some exceptions (the AI can't handle Mordor's reinforcements so we had to disable them, just to give you an example). Are you encountering this against specific factions or on specific maps? The brutal AI should be using spells quite liberally.

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #32 am: 2. Okt 2020, 18:54 »
"Balancing" is done for pvp because the AI is not human and therefore doesn't play like a human, creating an inherent imbalance in pve gameplay. That doesn't mean that we aren't constantly working on improving the AI or the pve experience in general. The two aren't mutually exclusive^^

When I play vs the AI, they use pretty much all the spells barring some exceptions (the AI can't handle Mordor's reinforcements so we had to disable them, just to give you an example). Are you encountering this against specific factions or on specific maps? The brutal AI should be using spells quite liberally.

My bad, I should have been more detailed. They quantity of their spell use is fine (we get hit constantly, it's fun) but I meant that we don't see all of the specific spells being used. Mordor's Reinforcements was the exact spell I had in mind. We were hoping to see Men of the East in our battles with Morder but it sounds like that's not possible against the AI. Thanks for the responses!

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #33 am: 2. Okt 2020, 19:14 »
We had Mordor's reinforcements in 4.5.3 or 4.5.2, because the AI wasn't able to use them consistently and unfortunately, there's not much one can do about that. Sometimes they'd work fine, but often the reinforcements would just stand near the AI's base. But because they still take up commandpoints, the Mordor AI would just fizzle out over the course of the game and only send what little army they could get - but once you march on their base, there were three Mûmakil and six Haradrim Riders waiting [ugly]

For the time being, you'll have to play Mordor yourself or play against a human Mordor player to see them in action.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #34 am: 20. Okt 2020, 10:52 »
Even in 4.5.4 with a focus on horde maps, still the point breakdown system is bugged when you lose the control over the wall, you get more points when you should have less points (at least still on Minas Tirith on hard). But I give up reminding it, that is the last time.
Not interested in making a lot of defence points then. That's sad.

Nontheless, Edain is still the best mod of BFME in terms of game balance and interesting maps in my opinion.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #35 am: 20. Okt 2020, 13:19 »
Zitat
Even in 4.5.4 with a focus on horde maps, still the point breakdown system is bugged when you lose the control over the wall, you get more points when you should have less points (at least still on Minas Tirith on hard). But I give up reminding it, that is the last time.

I just tested it multiple times and this is NOT the case.
You get more passive points after a fixed time, I think this happened to you.
Can you give a replay?

Just to be a bit more clear of what I mean:

On hard you get 2 points per second.
After defending 480 seconds you will get 4 points per second.
After 900 seconds you will get 6 points per second.
After 1400 seconds you will get 8 points per second.

Those points are independent on controll over the wall or gates.
In addition to that you get the following points:
4 points per second if your wall stands
4 points per second if your main door stands
4 points per second if both secondary gates stand.
As an example the script for the wall points is:
*** IF ***
     NOT Counter 'GG-FirstWallCounter' IS Less Than  1
*** THEN ***
  Counter 'GG-Points' , Add with counter 'GG-PointsCounterAdd2'

"GG-FirstWallCounter" is the counter which is shown (starting at 100, going down).
So it is rather clear here: If the counter is not less than 1 (so if the counter is equal or above 1), the points are added.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #36 am: 4. Mai 2022, 13:25 »
Edain mod is still so fun to play.

Last week for example, I realize that the leadership of Durin statues lingered when dwarven units are inside the tunnel of mines even for a long time and was suspended there allowing them to effectively harass ennemy units close to the mines everywhere on the map with that leadership for 20/30 seconds after exiting the mine.

There are so many interesting mechanics and strategies that I am sure there are still a lot I haven't found yet.