28. Mär 2024, 14:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: How do I edit system maps? Old maps do not work at 4.5.  (Gelesen 2057 mal)

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
The maps I use in 4.4 do not work in 4.5. Will there be an update on this? In addition, system maps are not visible in the world builder. How can I play on system maps? world builder doesn't see them?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: How do I edit system maps? Old maps do not work at 4.5.
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Feb 2020, 09:19 »
All maps from 4.4.1 should work in 4.5. The only thing you need to add are the map.ini parts about the spellbooks.
The only chance that a map might not work in 4.5 is that it uses a map.ini, which is made for 4.4.1. Hence the problem is not our version, but the map.ini (so the map.ini should be fixed)
So there will be no update for this, as there is nothing to fix from our side. If there is something else not working, I recommend either just reinstalling the game or giving us a moer detailled bug report, such that we can help you fixing it.

If you want to open the stanard map, you have to use finalbig and extract them from the __edain_maps.big.
Then you can add them as custom maps in your standard folder. (if you want to change standard maps without adding them as custom maps, then you need to extract them, change them and overwrite the original file in the big file again)

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Feb 2020, 16:40 »
All maps from 4.4.1 should work in 4.5. The only thing you need to add are the map.ini parts about the spellbooks.
The only chance that a map might not work in 4.5 is that it uses a map.ini, which is made for 4.4.1. Hence the problem is not our version, but the map.ini (so the map.ini should be fixed)

If you want to open the stanard map, you have to use finalbig and extract them from the __edain_maps.big.

Except for the last 5 maps in this link, others did not work. So I wanted to ask my friend. The game opens and closes immediately on old maps. Thank you very much in the map editing information. You are very kind. The game is excellent, I only saw this problem on old maps.. Map.ini I will investigate this and try to solve the problem. If I can't find a solution, I will rewrite it. The game opens with a map. It says victory 3 seconds after opening and closes. There is no problem with the system maps, there is a problem with the maps in the link below. So the old version is on the old maps. Thank you very much again.

https://www.moddb.com/groups/edain-community-content/addons
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Feb 2020, 16:46 von 007hasan »

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Feb 2020, 18:10 »
If the map only crashes on some of the maps, it is not a problem with the mod, but with the maps and you have to talk to the map creators or wait until they changed their maps.

If the game closes immediately without any error message, there is probably either an object on the map, which crashes the game or there is a map.ini, which doesn't work in 4.5 anymore (because of changed specialpowers, OCLs...)

If you win within 3 seconds, then the starting objects for the other factions are falsely defined.