[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Tournaments

BattleZone Cup 2020 (Edain 4.5)

(1/3) > >>

GendoR:
Hello dear Edain community, friends and acquaintances!

Before I start, i would like to introduce myself briefly.
My name is Marvin, I'm 22 years old and run the YT-Channel "GendoR".
I'm a big fan of the Edain Mod and I play it since 2015 when it came out. The Team is doing a really great job and I'm really thankfull, because, through the Edain Mod, its possible to play with the same system as it was in BfME 1. I just love it! I never really got into the System of BfME 2 and RotWK.

Long story short: My plan is to organize an Edain Mod tournament for the next few weeks! This tournament is not only for the Edain Community, but also for my YT-Community, because they really love the BfME games, like we do here in this forum.
Its just a big thank you to all, who have been part for 7 years now and especially, to a huge and awesome community!

So, let's get to it!
The plan of the "BattleZone Cup" is to get him up and running once a year. Because of the fun to play together and, of course, of the Edain Mod. Also because the Edain Mod is constantly evolving.
Everyone who enjoys the Edain mod can participate. I really like the idea to invite you guys, the english community(or everyone who speaks english), to this event as well! :)

Allright, now you will get all the infos you need to join the tournament.
The BattleZone Cup 2020 starts on February 29th!

The registration starts today. There will also be no entry fee.

So the players have exactly two weeks to prepare for the tournament.

I would like to answer your question how to register for the BattleZone Cup. Its pretty simple: you should be registered on this forum and please join this Discord server. A lot of organizational matters are discussed on this discord server and to plan the skirmishes. So thats why you have to be on this Discord server!

So please write under this post:

* your GameRanger-ID
* your Discord-ID
the dice will decide in which group you belong. We use GameRanger for each single game.
The registration ends on February 26th at 11:59 pm. The individual groups will be announced in the next days.
By registering you agree to the tournament rules (see spoiler). These also contain other important details for the tournament.
Period of the tournament:

* Group stage: 01.03 - 12.03(get an agreement with your opponent, and choose a day to play your matches)
* Tiebreaker for the group stage: 13.03-15.03(there gonna be fixed times) expandable until the 19.03
* Round of 32 and round of 16: 21.03 und 22.03(there gonna be fixed times)
* Quarterfinals and semifinals: 28.03 und 29.03(there gonna be fixed times)
* Final and the match for third place, maybe Funmatches: 04.04(there gonna be fixed times)
§1 Generally

The BattleZone Cup will be a tournament for the game „Battle for Middle-Earth 2“ including the expansion „The Rise of the Witch-King“ with the modification „Edain Mod“.

You need a valid version of the games as well as version 4.5 of the „Edain Mod“. These are prerequisites for participation in the tournament.

Every player has to behave fairly and respectfully towards his fellow players and organizers. Doing otherwise can result in immediate disqualification.

Changes to the rules are reserved for the organizers and can change during a game if necessary.

§2 Participation

To participate, you need to register here in the forum and join the Discord  server. In exceptional cases and after consultation, the registration can also be made directly through an organizer.

A valid GameRanger account is required to participate.
The networks are created in the group stage by the respective players who have to play the games. In Round of 32, round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final a network is created by the game master.

The number of participants is temporarily limited to 64.

§3 Course of the tournament

§3.1 Group stage

The players are randomly divided into 8-16 groups (depending on how many players participate in the tournament) with a maximum of 4 players.

The games are determined by the organizers. After a few days, the tournament tree can be found here in the forum.

After all games have been played, the first two players in each group advance, the rest of the players are eliminated from the tournament.

§3.2 Knockout stage

For the knockout stage, the remaining players are randomly divided into a final grid. With the help of this grid, the round of 32, round of 16, quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals will be held.

§4 Spectator

Only casters, admins and referees approved by us are allowed as spectators.

By participating, players agree that their games can be managed by a game master.

§5 Hosting

The players have no position to be taken, but when choosing the color you have to make sure that the colors are clearly distinguishable..

If no spectators are present, the game is to be hosted by the players.

Should a spectator be present, they will normally host the game.

§6 Cheating

The use of any cheats, map hacks, bugs, Easter eggs, tools and streams is strictly prohibited. Failure to do so will result in immediate disqualification.

At the start of the tournament, a few ingame rules are still being set, breaking them can also lead to disqualification.

§7 Mappool

The mappool contains the following eight maps:

* Fords of Isen I
* Iron Hills
* Brandywine
* Morgai
* Foreshore of the Emyn Muil
* Westfold
* Vastness of Rhun
* Redwater/Carnen(Please correct me, because I don‘t know all of the english map names)
The games of the group stage are played as best-of-one. The organizers will randomly pick a map and assign them to the individual games, but there will be more informations in the next few days.

The round of 32, round of 16, quarterfinals and semi-finals are played as best-of-three. The first map will be random. Then the players can decide. The loser of the first game decides the second map and and the loser of the second game decides the third map. If it happens at all. The final is played as best-of-five. Special rules apply here again.

§8 Army

Before we start of the tournament you have to choose 3 armies from which your map pool consists. This player map pool is visible to everyone. Each participant must inform the organizers of these 3 armies before the tournament begins.

§9 Replays

The replays must be saved after each game and uploaded to the forum. Especially when there is no game master present. The replay requirement applies particularly to the group stage.
A corresponding thread will be provided, so you can upload the replays. Please do not forget to write down your results in your post.

§10 Async and Disconnects

In the event of a game being abandoned for technical reasons, the outcome of which is not clearly visible and the 20-minute mark has not yet been exceeded, the players have to restart the game..

If the 20-minute mark is exceeded, the players have to agree on a result, unless otherwise discussed with an organizer of the tournament.
Should there be any discrepancies, the players can contact a referee we have chosen, who will then decide how to proceed. This decision must then be followed.

§11 Publication of games (Streams and recordings on YT)

Our organizers will be doing live streams on YouTube. Games from the knockout phase are definitely streamed, as well as the games for the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and of course the final. We would also like to involve some English Sreamer from the community. More information will follow on the Discord server or in an extra post.

§12 Distribution of prices

The best 3 players will receive a mug with the logo and title of the tournament. Also with the number of the place you have occupied.
Perhaps more prices will be added. But more information will follow later.
Thats all you have to know about this tournament!
I'm looking forward to many registrations and a great time with you guys.
If there are any other questions, please contact the organizers:

* Caun
* King Krümelus
* GendoR
The three of us will also be represented at the tournament and try our best not to fail already in the group stage. :D
Enjoy the first BattleZone Cup and let's hope for some exciting battles!!

Sincerely yours,

the "BattleZone Cup 2020"-Team

P.S .: A huge thanks to Caun and Krümelus for helping me out with the planning of this tournament!!
P.P.S.: I have finished the translation at 2:34 am on February 15th. If they are any mistakes or wrong translation, please let me know. Good night…

Max_Power:
Hi GendoR! I will gladly participate in the tournament :D
My Gameranger ID is 7934804, and my username is MaxPower.
My Discord ID is MaxPower#1372, I am in the Edain Mod servers as well :)

Thanks!!

Max_Power:
Aiphaton also wants to participate:
Gameranger ID: 10098631
Discord ID: Aiphaton#0186
He is in both Edain servers as well :D

Goodfella:
Gameranger ID: 7248737

Discord ID: Goodfella1994#8918

(who knew there was another 8917 Goodfellas born in 1994)

Edhelharn:
Gameranger ID: Strider 9349194

Discord ID: Strider#1692

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln