25. Apr 2024, 00:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.5: Economy Feedback  (Gelesen 1141 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Edain 4.5: Economy Feedback
« am: 20. Feb 2020, 20:54 »
Edain 4.5: Economy Feedback
In this thread you can give us more detailed feedback about what you think of the economy changes in Edain 4.5.

In particular we are interested in the following questions:
  • What do you think about the inflation?
  • What do you think about the central Command Point upgrade in the fortress?
  • Is getting economy/military upgrades too easy or too difficult for some factions?
  • In which order do you research the military/economic upgrades usually? Is there one which might be optional for a faction in your opinion?
  • Does researching all the upgrades take too long in your opinion?

turin.turambar

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Edain 4.5: Economy Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Feb 2020, 23:51 »
Overall love the new changes

• inflation is great for reducing snowball effect, but I didn't have the opprotunity to see a real comeback (but didn't practice much PvP, so there is that)
  • THAT is great. It allows to make the building of farms (and mostly LOSS of them) not anymore limit the number of troops you have.
  • eco upgrades for mordor are kinda easy to get, and some military upgrades too hard to get for gondor (fire arrows)
  • T1 eco first, then some mil upgrades and at some point (one or two mil upgrades probably), T2 eco. Some mil upgrades aren't mandatory depending of your general strat imo, but ecos upgrades are must have (and SOME mil upgrades can be skipped but you have to get most of them imo)
  • Searching all upgrades takes too long, but that's not too bad imo, given they're all quite powerfull. (So it depends what is understood by "too long", imo they're not too long given the benefits they provide, even though they could be a little faster to search, but not too sure about it, but too long if the goal is all upgrades can be searched in the same game). Maybe giving an option to end the research if you repay the same cost, or something alike (paying more money to get upgrades faster) would be nice, but not a hill I wanna die on.

RagingRemo

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Edain 4.5: Economy Feedback
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Feb 2020, 00:52 »
Here is my feedback regarding the new economy system.

1. What do you think about the inflation?
    It does seem to work quite well. I have played some 1v1v1 games against other
    players, and I am very pleased with the comeback potential.
2. What do you think about the central Command Point upgrade in the fortress?
    It was a great idea! But I still wish I was able to create a hero and queue the
    upgrade at the same time though.
3. Is getting economy/military upgrades too easy or too difficult for some factions?
  - Economy upgrades are too easy for Mordor.
  - Economy upgrades is too easy for Imladris at level 2 but too hard at level 3.
  - Economy upgrades are too hard/expensive for Isengard.
  - Because of all the upgrades Gondor needs to do, it is not viable to get houses as
    an income building. You always need a barrack, a market, a blacksmith, and     
    preferably siege. Now there is two spots left for houses which only gives a minimal
    bonus. And you might have guessed it, this way there is no way to get fire arrows.
4. In which order do you research the military/economic upgrades usually? Is there one which might be optional for a faction in your opinion?
    I can only give feedback on Rohan with this question: At first I get Forged Tools >
    then Banner Carriers > then Arsenal > then Forged Worker's Tools > then Forged
    Settler's Tools (there is a bug where the game crashes when using the defensive
    ability at the farms). Forged Blades and Heavy Armor is almost never worth it for
    Rohan. Peasants don't benefit from these upgrades all too much, and you probably
    don't have the money for it either. Only cavalry and javalins can really make use
    of the upgrades, but javalins are too expensive and risky to make, and at the time
    you upgrade your cavalry you probably also have the Military Camp ability from
    the spellbook, which already supplies you with upgraded cavalry.
5. Does researching all the upgrades take too long in your opinion?
    Yes. It really bothers me that I have to invest such a great amount of resources
    only to get a benefit out of it, 5 minutes later. I wish it was reduced a little.