28. Mär 2024, 17:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Economy/short term and long term upgrades  (Gelesen 1082 mal)

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
Economy/short term and long term upgrades
« am: 23. Feb 2020, 23:48 »
With the arrival of Edain 4.5 has come a very interesting gameplay with the new spellbooks and the distinction between the offensive and the defensive tree.

And then I wondered : Would it be interesting to have something more or less alike with the general economy gameplay of each factions ?

I mean the Forged Tools are obviously a long term advantage but I think it lacks another way to upgrade your economy, which would be a more short-term upgrade.

The fact is you are very dependant of the building which allows you to get the Forged Tools because these upgrades are so significant, so important, that you absolutely need them as soon as possible.

I think the Forged Tools are very nice upgrades but you are a bit too dependant of it especially with the "Supply route" system which is very nice in itself but make the research of the Forged Tools more important than the number of farms you get.

This is why I imagine a way to insert some short-term economy upgrades but I don't know if my ideas are technically possible. There would be some kinds of individual upgrades for the farms but in a completly new way. Here we go :

A new function would be attached to every buildplots, not buildings already made but buildplots,

For internal buildplots (in castles and outposts) :

Economy preference : If you build an economy building, you will be able to research the ability "Great Investment" only one time for each builplot during all the game.

Then there would be that ability :

Great Investment  Cost : 900 Time of research : 1 minute

Once the ability is purchased, you have to wait for another 1,30 minute and then the farm will produce 1200 cash additionnal ressource points. If you loose the building during that time, you get back your 900 investment but loose the "Economy preference" for that builplot.

Economically speaking, you have still much interest in researching the Forged Tools first because they give you a definitive advantage and you will still be able to get the  "Great Investment" ability afterwards, there is no urge about it as you can only research them one time per buildplot and they give you cash money and no better production over time.

The interest of it would be a much better adaptability for the player which could allow him to upgrade his military at his Forge rather than the Forged Tools and still get a competitive economy. The Forged Tools would be still crucial but you would not be so dependant on them at the beginning of the game.

It would also encourage the player to have strategies with his buildings, to destroy some that are useless to build an economy building to get "Great Investment", or the other way round, to destroy an economy building in which the upgrade has been researched to get a military buidling in times of need.

But these types of individual upgrades for the farm would not deter for comebacks or interesting games at all ! But I don't know if they are possible. Above all, every other factor like "industry power" or Denethor and Theoden the Corrupted economy ability should not change in any way the amounts of the upgrade unless it's a choice for balancing the game.

Now with external buildplots :

Economy preference : If you build an economy building, you will be able to research the ability "Investment" only one time for each builplot during all the game.

Then you would have access to the following upgrade :

Investment  Cost : 450 Time of research : 30 seconds

Once the ability is purchased, you have to wait for another 30 seconds and then the farm will produce 600 additionnal ressource points. If you loose the building during that time, you get back your 450 investment but loose the "Economy preference" for that builplot.

Sometimes with the "Supply route" system, you don't really know if it is suitable to get the settlements or not because you are not supposed to get too much farms. Once again, I like "Supply routes" but the Investment ability would make sure that you have a real interest to expand and get new farms. And they would give you a boost far more quickly than the internal buildings which make them really interesting, but the bonus would be half as good.

Then, that is my idea, I would really like to see a spellbook with a long-term tree and short-term tree and an economy gameplay with a big long-term advantage and some short-term advantages, which would give a great adaptability for the players and make the experience of Edain even more immersive.

Edain 4.5 and the current system are very very good anyway. Thank you the Edain team for all your work.

(I am French so maybe the names I chose for the abilities are not pertinent. Sorry in these case).