28. Mär 2024, 10:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Isengard/Gondor vs Mordor?  (Gelesen 2085 mal)

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
Isengard/Gondor vs Mordor?
« am: 25. Feb 2020, 15:14 »
Hey guys, just wondering if you all have any tips at fighting Mordor as Isengard and Gondor? How do I get past their Orc and Troll spam?

Thanks in advance!

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • #teamfish
Re: Isengard/Gondor vs Mordor?
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Feb 2020, 16:13 »
Hello DreamWar!
Nice to see a question to a topic like this!  :)

I will beginn with Isen vs Mordor:
If we assume you play on a normal 1v1 map like FoI 1 or 2, Iron Hills, Morgai or something similar, I would start with one inside eco building (now that outsidefarms cost 300) and creep with my start batts and Bill depending on the creeps on the map and then I would go rather quickly for a Wildman-house. As soon as it is finished spam out some normal Wildmen (3-5 batts) and try to only atack the eco-building with them and try to keep them alive. But don't spam too many Wildmen so that you can go quickly for warg-building. Then build some wargs to kill the orcs.
So you have wargs to kill the orcs and Wildman to cripple the Mordor eco.
I would also go for the Palantir spell so you can keep an eye on the Mordor base and the Troll timing. When you see that he goes for trolls save up money for Sharku because he can kill single trolls and you can also help him out with the hunting arrow of you scouts and wargs to surround.
Don't forgett to buy CP-upgrades and spend the money you can't spend on units on inbase-eco or a quick Uruk-upgrade. With all that you can put yourself in a good postion and after that spam Uruks out of two barracks and build Lurtz and Ugluk, don't fogett pikes against Shelob and try to deny Cirith Ungol.

Now Gondor vs Mordor:
This matchup is a lot harder in my opinion but with Gondor I would just go for either a normal barracks start or go for one inside-eco first and then go for the barracks. Then just spam swords and pikes to go creep a bit and harass the Mordor farms. After that you can either add on the very standard stables to get Gondor knights (but they kinda struggle against trolls and early Easterlinigs) or you could go for some rangers but I am realy not sure about it as they can get countered by Shelob and they force you to clump you army and trolls take the map.
So I find it quit difficult to fight against Mordor with Gondor but that is also due to the fact that Mordor is a bit to strong at the moment.

That would be what I would do/try to do.  ;)

If you want to look for some good replays to any matchup you can also look here: http://edainranked.com/replay_database.html
So far there aren't that many replays to every matchup but more will be added every day.

Best regards Smeargollum

"What if the real balance was the friends we made along the way?"

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Feb 2020, 02:58 »
Hm - that is actually quite different from what I usually do, though I haven't actually played against Mordor with either faction. For Isengard, I generally get Bill and instantly get him to level ten - and use his level ten ability against the Wildmen and then, shortly after - send a group of scouts to help creep - while the other scout unit goes for the two empty build-plots. After two creeps, I build a Wildmen Hut - and send Bill against a cave troll with his level ten ability again which he can solo - and get that creep. I proceed to get Wulfgar and a bunch of wildmen - then harass.

For Gondor, I'd build a Barracks and a Town House, get one unit of Gondor Soldiers and once again, get the two free build plots while the starting two units and Pippin help creep. I'd then send those three soldiers to get the cave troll while Pippin runs around the Cave Troll so it takes revenge damage from my men. I then build a Stables and get Gondor Knights.

As stated before, I have no idea how this would actually go down. Thoughts?

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • #teamfish
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Feb 2020, 10:31 »
Ok, ofc you can level up Bill and I don't think it is bad, I just don't like it that much  ;)
When you go for Wulfgar first and then go for a stronger Wildman force with him you have two problems imo:
1. You are way later/too late to start harassing the Mordor player.
2. At the time you have Wulfgar Mordor has already at least one troll (when Mordor rushes trolles) and with two trolls you can easily kill Wulfgar.
So, as I see it, you have to try to get in Mordors face in the very beginning when he has only some slow Orcs to deffend and when you wait for Wulfgar Mordor has already all the deffenses it needs.

Your Gondor idea sounds good so far. When you keep spamming units from you barrack and get Knights and maybe later on rangers you have quite a good army against Mordor. Even though Mordor gets a lot of stuff for free and so it is realy hard to play against it.

Btw do you play against ai or players?  :D

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Feb 2020, 04:47 »
I play against both. Mainly players though - friends. In what match-ups would Wulfgar be good? I've seen the guy Kryptik use Wulfgar against Mordor and such.

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • #teamfish
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Feb 2020, 09:54 »
Yeah, Kryptik loved his Wulfgar..... but to be honest he wasn't as good as he thought he was and in my opinion not a good player who played with bad tactics. Meaning no offence.
And in the current version of edain multiplayer I can't realy think of a situation where Wulfgar would be usefull.  :o
If you want you can also look here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChG7LsXLeFgiUf6-wvu27bg
It is a youtube channel with rather good gameplay  :D

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Feb 2020, 13:10 »
You can play hyper aggressive with Wildmen against Mordor unless he is going for trolls (and maybe even then). Get a second Hut after your second warg battalion, get Wulfgar and go nuts inside his base.

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 27. Feb 2020, 15:35 »
If he got trolls earlier than I got Sharuk, should I trade Wargs with trolls or no? When should I use Howl?

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #8 am: 27. Feb 2020, 16:04 »
He should never get trolls faster than Sharku in the first place - you can always keep eyes on his base with the Palantir or by having wildmen nearby taking a look.
If he tries to start with trolls, just push him right away with wildmen + scouts. He'll loose both Slaughterhouses, which means no money, which means no trolls.

If he does get trolls out somehow, it depends on your own economic situation - one warg batallion for one troll is a good trade if you keep making wargs and keep destroying his Slaughterhouses with wildmen. This gets difficult if there are two or even three trolls out.

I'll use the Howl right after recruitment to get across the map faster. Afterwards, save it for either creeping warg creeps or fighting trolls if necessary.

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Feb 2020, 16:29 »
Should I get Sharuku after my second battalion of Warg Riders? Or upgrade machinery first?